shape
carat
color
clarity

Technical Question re Hearts (but not Arrows)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DoubleB

Rough_Rock
I was looking at a photo of the pavilion of an H&A diamond. It appears like some (but not all) of the hearts have what I can only refer to as "inverted creases" in them. (You know, the way they kinda look like paper airplanes (or did I take too much medication one time? LOL!)) Anyway, I''m curious as to whether this is an illusion due to photography, or if there is any significance to these "creases".

Here''s a link to the stone I was looking at in GOG''s H&A inventory.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_66ct_f_vs2_h%26a.htm

Look at the picture down under "Hearts & Arrows optical symmetry". Doesn''t the heart at the 11:00 position seem to be missing the "crease" that the others have?

bb

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehehehe....yes, i see what you mean.
i''m sure rhino has some explanation for that.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
What your seeing is a facet junction where 2 lower girdle facets meet.
Because of the magnification and the focal length he uses they show up.
Some vendors tune their photo setup so they dont show up.

DoubleB

Rough_Rock
Oh, OK . . . I think.

I better read the tutorials on lg facets.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Actually the paper airplane at 11:00 didn''t require folding.
3.gif
jk ...

Just a photographic phenomena. Not intentional and in no way degrades the diamond. The stone does have some pretty tight crown/pavilion tolerances though. Only a .1 degree variance between min/max crown and pavilion angles. Almost unheard of. You can download our minor facet plug in on our tutorial on the Minor Facets and get your lower girdle info as well as star and upper girdle info as well. LG length on this particular one is 75.8%

Peace,

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/24/2005 10:12:55 PM
Author: Rhino
3.gif
jk ...

Just a photographic phenomena. Not intentional and in no way degrades the diamond. The stone does have some pretty tight crown/pavilion tolerances though. Only a .1 degree variance between min/max crown and pavilion angles. Almost unheard of. You can download our minor facet plug in on our tutorial on the Minor Facets and get your lower girdle info as well as star and upper girdle info as well. LG length on this particular one is 75.8%

Peace,
DoubleB
35.gif
beautifully cut stone.

.1''
23.gif
very tight tolerances indeed
30.gif
36.gif
75.8% LG.the fat arrow variety should do very well in dim lights.
10.gif
36.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/25/2005 2:06:45 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 8/24/2005 10:12:55 PM
Author: Rhino
3.gif
jk ...

Peace,
DoubleB
35.gif
beautifully cut stone.

.1''
23.gif
very tight tolerances indeed
30.gif
36.gif
75.8% LG.the fat arrow variety should do very well in dim lights.
10.gif
36.gif
9.7 via Isee2 DF. You''re good.
41.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DoubleB
35.gif

you got to take a peek at this stone and see what your eyes think.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results