shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone here have any opinion on Tungsten rings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FD21Bride

Shiny_Rock
My fiance and I went looking at wedding bands the other day. He is a firefigher and needs a really durable metal so he doesn't have any excuses not to wear it
2.gif

So.... the jeweler suggested Tungsten or Titanium. My fiance picked out a really cool 8mm (I think) Triton Tungesten ring with an 18k white gold inlay...which is fine with me but I was surprised at how expensive it was at $1250! In the world of Tungsten is this about what they normaly run price wise?

Anybody have any pros or cons?

Thanks for the input!
1.gif

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Try Boone Rings? We got my fiance''s tungsten ring there with a platinum inlay for much less!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/19/2005 10:46:23 AM
Author:FD21Bride

I was surprised at how expensive it was at $1250! In the world of Tungsten is this about what they normaly run price wise?
That is a small world of branded jewelry, so it is the brand name that dictates the price. Other than realtively low demand, ther is no reason why such jewelry would be rare - the metal is not reason enough for that price and chances are you can find better.

FD21Bride

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ladies! I will definately so some more searching and check out Boone.
I appreciate your help! Let me know if you find any other manufacturers or good website
28.gif

clammer

Shiny_Rock
You might want to check out titanium era. We got my husband''s ring there. It is a 6mm with an 18k yellow gold inlay for half the price. Also, consider getting the inlay either satin or brush finished. My husband is rough on his ring, so the gold has gotten scratch but the tungesten didn''t which makes the scratched gold more obvious (at least I think it does).

One con is the ring can''t be resized. My husband has lost weight so the ring is to big. We have to send it back to get remade, and it is 20% of the original cost. But I guess $120 isn''t bad for a brand new ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results