shape
carat
color
clarity

Anybody have any experience with cat urine smells?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jennyann2

Shiny_Rock
Me and my fiance just bought a townhouse and the first thing we did was have the carpets shampooed....well all of a sudden there is a strong (i mean strong) cat urine smell coming from one of the bedrooms. I didn''t even know she had a cat the first two times we went through the place. This smell came out of nowhere and I''m really grossed out. I''ve never had cats and can''t stand the smell just walking up the stairs. Does anyone have any bright ideas on how I can get the smell out? I''m ready to rip the carpet out, I don''t think I''ll ever be comfortable enough to walk around in my bare feet in my own house.
emsad.gif

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
If the wizz got down into the subfloor, it''s not likely to let up easily. You''ll need to replace the carpet and pad, and see what condition the subfloor is in.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Get yourself some Nature's Miracle. Pour it on and let it sit. Yick. My guys have never peed in the house but my old landlord would keep strays on the indoor porch while she tried to adopt them. Some of them liked to mark! Whhhew.

Hey Rodent, just the other day I was admiring a fancy beast sleeping atop a brach 5 stories up outside my window. Took a few snap shots of the handsome fellow as a matter of fact!

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Cat urine fluoresces (like some diamonds!), so get yourself a blacklight (some pet stores will rent them to you), and see where the urine is. As MMM mentioned, anywhere you see the pee, douse it with Nature''s Miracle. The enzymes in the solution actually break down and neutralize the urine. If that doesn''t eliminate the odor, than you are going to have to remove the carpet and padding, and treat the subfloor with the NM. In really bad cases, you just have to replace the floor.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
there was a thread some months ago on this very topic.

if the pad was soaked, you will need to pull the carpet and pad up, bleach the subfloor, seal the subfloor, replace the pad, and perhaps even replace the pad and/or carpet. if its in a corner, you might be able to cover a carpet patch job with a piece of furniture.

good luck.

peace, movie zombie

jennyann2

Shiny_Rock
thanks guys! i did find that other thread; i never would have guessed to search on "cat pee" on a diamond forum, you guys are great!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Jenny, I''m sorry, this is the worst odor in your house, huh? Hard to live with. I''d never heard of Nature''s Miracle, I''m curious to hear more about it. I''d probably change the carpet if it was that bad.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I dont know if its my thread i started a while ago you are talking about or not, but i had one. I got the Natures Miracle (4 big @$$ bottles of it) and for us, it has done an okay job. I never really went back and updated the final out come of our ordeal.

I ended up peeling the carpet back and ripping out the padding. We sealed the floor (concrete in our basement) with Kils(?), put new padding down. I soaked the carpet on both sides with the natures miracle using a watering can (one that showers, not pours) like the directions recommended. I did it several times and it took forever to dry, but that also could have been from it being in the basement.

It seems to have done okay... i would really like to rip the carpet up and get some new stuff, but weve just been too busy lately. The natures miracle has at least been a solution for now. We never smelled the cat urine before we bought our townhouse either, but its all over the place... pretty sucky and nasty.
14.gif

Good luck and PM me if you like...

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know.. we have a smelly cat urine spot on our couch.. the only time that we know of that our cats have ever gone anywhere but their litter box.. but we can NOT get rid of it.. We dumped lots of different smell removers on it... and while its better, its definitely still noticeable if you''re sitting in the right spot on the couch!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results