shape
carat
color
clarity

"Silk Mesh Ruffle" Jewelry in Yellow Gold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I discovered a bracelet and necklace I would love to buy...but they are no longer available. I saw that they had once been offered by ShopNBC.com, but are no longer in stock. Is there any way to get ShopNBC.com or the manufacturer to sell these again? One item was number: J129654 and the other was number: J129653. There was even a 39.5 inch gold scarf necklace that also matched (item number: J129652).

Deborah

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a picture of the bracelet that was part of the set. ShopNBC says it is no longer available.

GoldRuflleBracelet.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
..and this is the necklace.

GoldRuffleNecklace.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is another gold necklace, a scarf necklace, from the set.

GoldRyffleScarfNecklace.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone know why the jewelry would be described as "silk mesh"? Is it made of 14K gold or of some combination of gold and silk? The verbal description that accompanied the photo of the necklace is below.

"Perfectly pleated! This silk mesh pleated ruffle necklace is designed with 14K gold. It measures 16"L x 1-9/16"W and has a toggle clasp. Look for the matching bracelet J129652. Made in Italy and part of the Alessandro."

Deborah

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/13/2005 8:40:29 PM
Author: AGBF

Does anyone know why the jewelry would be described as ''silk mesh''? Is it made of 14K gold or of some combination of gold and silk?
Yay! Those are very beautiful!

There is no silk involved - just thin wire. They may be right for once that thisis made in Italy: there are at least several manufacturers that produce lines of precious metal mesh of various textures and sizes. Chances are you could buy that kind by the yard - literally. I can''t say I have seen that particular kind, but then, there are just that many catalogs out there - one must have it. It may be that you can get it yourself (retail) or find out about distributors.

I didn''t look all over the place, but one maker that came to mind is Unoaere (both retailers and wholesalers of semifinishe pieces of their own design). There is a short presentation of them on the Gold Council site (HERE).

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hm....

LINK

coll_5_grande.jpg

e_coll.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ana,

Thank you...as always! You have been the source of amazing information on gold mesh.

To date, I have had no luck in obtaining any piece of jewelry made from the mesh, however! I do not remember even hearing back from the wholesalers. I may try again with this company, however...once August is over. I am sure you know how Italy works (or, rather, how it doesn''t) during August!!!

Thank you again.

Deb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results