shape
carat
color
clarity

Minneapolis Gem Show this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Great Amercian Gem Show"
Friday (allready past - but I was there)
Sat 10 - 6
Sunday 11 - 5

State Fair Grounds, Progress building (turn into main State Fair gate off of Snelling, turn right at next intersection (very short block). Drive 2 blocks: Red Brick building in front of you next to consesion stand.

My company had me in a week long training class west of Minneapolis this week (no good computer access) and I was able to get to it yesturday before I drove home (6.5 hours from the State Fair Grounds).

Very interesting:

What was really interesting was that this show is intended for local area jewelry makers and the public.

Many tables were filled with strands of polished stones (nice looking to low value semi-precious) for people who make jewelry using these stones. Larger speciatly stones as well.

Minearals, some fossils, and other things as well.

Of course, there were tables of people selling jewerly as well - and also people selling the supplies needed to make chains, necklasas, etc.

Several vendors selling medium to higher value semi-precious jemstones (I got to see a russian horsetail demandtoid), and jewelry with them.

A few people with diamonds - but I did not go looking for diamonds.

Overall; it was fascinating - and knowing now what these shows are like - I''ll be prepared for the next one (and ready to buy some stuff).

There was a mix of people: local jewelers buying stones and beads for their use; people shopping for everything from cheap ($2) to modestly expensive jewelry ($2000 +); parents and kids looking at the minerals and mineral collections, parents and kids looking at the fossils, etc.

If any of you have a chance to get to one of these shows.... It''s great (take some spending $ - if only $10 or $20 just to pick up something...: Of couse, you can easily spend thousands as well).

Those strings of stones were..... I love tigerseye.

Wish you all the best.

Perry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results