shape
carat
color
clarity

a visit to jewelsmith

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got to visit Jewelsmith with my sister in law this weekend. She is looking into getting a pink sapphire for a future anniversary ring. She has plenty of time before she gets it so we are going to a couple places. I had not been inside in many years, so it was a real treat.
My sister in law had her wedding band made at Jewelsmith, 18k rose gold with round pink sapphires etoile set into band.
The lady sat us down and we were able to look at three of their pink sapphires, a round hot pink one, an oval medium pink one, and a pink cushion. The round was my favorite, very intense color.
They let us try on some items; I tried on a tahitian pearl and diamond earring, but liked even better a greyish freshwater pearl drop earring with an andradite garnet bezel set above the pearl. The garnet stone was amazing, brownish green, but with amazing flashes of red in it.
My sister in law tried on the same design, but with a lavender drop pearl and purple sapphire.
From their sapphire display case she also tried on a necklace made up of many many chubby briolettes of different colors of sapphires, mostly warm tones (orange, yellow, pink). I have to say it looked fantastic on her!

The center of the store had display cases of many beautiful unset stones, both faceted gems and cabachon/free form shapes, because they do many custom designs working from the stone. It was nice to see up close some very beautiful gemstones.

I didn''t really look at their diamond ring display because there was a couple being waited on and wanted to give them privacy.
However their "wedding band" case had some very nice rings, in particular a set of two rings with etoile/gypsy set diamonds, both with straight outside edges but inside wavy so that they "fit together". I imagine that would make a nice but unconventional engagement/wedding set!

Hope you all had a good weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results