shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with designing halo

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
I went to East Queen Jewelers last night to look for a stone and start designing my engagement ring. (my boyfriend went to, but he really wants me to do what I want) She had a beautiful halo ring with an emerald in it, but I want a ruby for the center stone. She didnt have any rubies over 2cts, but will be leaving in Sept for Bangkok where she is on the mission to find me a ruby. I want 2.25-2.5 round or cushion ruby surrounded in diamonds with a pave shank. However I want to be able to wear a wedding band that will fit next to this. Is this possible? Does the center stone have to be set higher. I dont know all too much about settings, I just know what I like. So any advice or pics of halo rings with wedding bands would be great!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the link to diamondlil''s halo ring with matching wedding band. she has a pear but it will give you the idea of how it works..

DCP_2124s2.JPG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for those! I want a band that I can wear on its own, so I want to stray away from a curved band if possible. Those are both stunning though!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's noonersmom's halo ring. you can see how the halo is set up a little higher so a wedding band will be able to sit flush underneath.

NMFinishedRing.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooo, just stumbled accross this thread. Lots of halo eye-candy for you...

and here's another one to check out

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you again. I have a few months till I have the ruby, but the more ideas i get the better. I hope it turns out nearly as beautiful as these.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Hi MsFlutter and welcome to PS. MrsSalvo found some great examples. I wanted an eternity wedding band I could wear on its own (or with my e-ring) so when my halo ring was designed, the gallery area is set up just high enough that my wedding band sits flush with the rear shank of my ring. I hope that makes sense.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your help. If anyone has pictures of a pave halo on an oval stone, that would help me out considerably. All the pictures I like are of cushions, but i really want a round or oval. Advice????

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
There''s a whole thread on halo settings for oval stones, found HERE! Take a look...I''m sure you''ll find something you love!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results