shape
carat
color
clarity

suppliers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

abdul_far

Rough_Rock
Hello there

I am a small independant diamond retailer, looking for a supplier any hot tips???????????
20.gif

drkewl

Rough_Rock
not to sound rude but didn''t you just ask this question yesterday?

my advice would be to individually call some of the PS vendors here and ask them. I doubt anyone would just post a supplier on a forum like this. Best of luck
1.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2005 9:21:31 AM
Author: drkewl
not to sound rude but didn''t you just ask this question yesterday?

my advice would be to individually call some of the PS vendors here and ask them. I doubt anyone would just post a supplier on a forum like this. Best of luck
1.gif
That info is top secret they wouldn''t tell a potential competitor where to get the goods to compete with them.
This person sounds like a scammer because anyone in the business has much better resources for finding suppliers than to ask here.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Sure.

Concentrate your energy on what you are doing to make your stones and your store more desirable to your customers. As a retailer, your job is to add value for the final consumer, not just move a package from the inbox to the outbox. Hopefully you already know this but it’s helpful to understand what it is that your customers are demanding and exactly how you plan to deliver it. This, in turn, will help clarify what you are looking for out of a supplier. Subscribe to JCK or go to any of the trade shows and you’ll find hundreds of or even thousands of suppliers who want your business. The trick is going to be picking the right ones. If your selling pitch is that you’ve got the rock bottom cheapest prices, I would encourage you to rethink this plan. You’ve probably already lost this battle. Do a diamond search with the utility at the top of the page called ‘pricescope your diamond’ and see how your store measures up to the competition here. It''s tough. Read through the discussions about what people like and don’t like about doing business with retail stores and make sure that you are acting like one of the stores that they like. There are some glowing testimonials here and it’s virtually never about the price. You will quickly find yourself becoming very picky about your suppliers and the prices, although important, will not be the deciding issue between them.

There is no magic pill but there is a demand for high quality stores. If you''re one of them it''s amazing how many suppliers will be anxious to be part of your formula.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/11/2005 9:21:31 AM
Author: drkewl
not to sound rude but didn't you just ask this question yesterday?

1.gif
The discussion yesterday got shut down because the question is fundamentally spam and, as Storm points out, a consumer forum is a ridiculous place to ask for this kind of advice. There is no possibilty that the question AF is asking is going to end up with the answer that he wants. It may happen with this one as well. I'm writing to it because I think it may be helpful for consumers to get a peek into this side of the industry and it may actually be helpful to both AF and other retailers who are watching to think through the question and consider how it applies to their own store. There is a valuable discussion to be had here but it's not the one that AF is asking for.

Here is yesterdays thread.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Neil you really should combine your answer in this thread with the answer in the other one into an article and expand on it a bit.
It would be awesome.

abdul_far

Rough_Rock
Thanks you very much Neil for you response, you have been really helpful.

Much appreciated

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Storm and David, Thanks for the kind words.

AF,

You’re welcome. I understand that we didn’t really answer your question but I can assure you that there are potential suppliers, as well as potential customers who are reading this discussion. Notice the number of views in just a single day. Running a jewelry store is not as easy as it used to be but the consumers here are, for the most part, rooting for your success. So are the cutters, diamondtairs, appraisers, and even the internet diamond dealers. I think almost everyone here will agree that there aren’t enough good jewelry stores and far too many crappy ones. We’re giving you the benefit of the doubt. This site is all about education and the small retailers are a voice that’s rarely heard. Here’s your chance. Tell us why customers should buy diamonds at your store and, more directly to your question, what can a prospective supplier do to help you to do a better job serving your target market?

Special comment because you''re new here. Don''t mention the name of your store or write a specific advertisement or you risk running afoul of the forum rules for self promotion. Keep it educational. You can benefit yourself, the consumers and even the suppliers, all for free.
36.gif

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results