shape
carat
color
clarity

Correction - Is it Normal to see BLACK Spots?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mollerd

Rough_Rock

Hi Everyone,

In some princess diamonds I have seen (even IF flawless diamonds) I see these black spots almost in a pattern in the center. I mentioned to a jewlerer and he called these shadows. One ring when I put in a setting it made these black spots stand out even more. Another when I put in a setting I couldn''t see them at all. It is not inclusions I am talking about but just somewhat evenly distributed patterned black spots almost in a circle in middle. Most seem to have this and it is only visible in certain light. But it really bothers me and I am wondering what this is and do any princesses exist without this.

I am looking to buy something today or this week and want to be sure.

Also about these sarin reports, do they charge for running these. Do all repuatable stores provide this and how long does it generally take to get it back.

thanks alot

EZ

Rough_Rock
Black spots? Do you mean something like the ones listed in this thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/princess-vs-princess.20084/=

I am pretty sure that those are normal but am still trying to get my poor haid around the patterns in a round.

I do not think that all reputable dealers would be able to run a Sarin report for you on premises. However, they should be able to get it for you or you should be able to get it from an independent appraiser. There will most likely be a cost associated with this and I''d figure a week if it has to be sent out.

Why the big hurry? It might behoove you to read up on princess cuts and the market of diamonds for a while. It helped me to get a much better stone for my money.

mollerd

Rough_Rock
Hi - I did not use an idealscope. I see black areas (maybe called the bow tie effect in other fancies). These black spots drive me out of my mind and are making me think I may have picked the wrong shape. I love princesses though but the black spots (lesslight refractions) are less visible on other shapes. I saw one Rectangular Modified stone with no black but the cut was off it was very deep.

This is a stone I am currently considering

1.31 Ct
F
SI1
Depth 70.8
Table 70
Girlde thin to Medium
Culet None
Pol excellent
Sym Good
FLor None
6.00 x 5.99 X 4.24
LTW 1:1

Price $7300.

Do you think I can do any better for this price range. Thisis the top I can spend on the stone.

Thanks very much!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results