shape
carat
color
clarity

Wed 8/3 daily workout thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Will this week ever end
3.gif
?????

Work is being a huge drain & a pain this week so I''ll keep it short & sweet: 1 hr treadmill this morning.
Good with food & water yesterday...happy, happy, happy jeans are already a little looser!

Peace & happy thoughts to all!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats FFF! Loose jeans are the best things in the world!

I did 30 minutes on the treadmill Monday and a 30 minute cardio workout today -- tried to do it all on the treadmill, but my shin splints were hurting tremendously so I switched to the bike. The bike is not as bad as I thought, so I might stick with that for a while.

I meet with my new trainer tomorrow for the first time. I am so excited. I just planned a trip to Aruba in November, so I''m hoping that I can lose 15 pounds by then. I''m also going to Florida in December, so I want to look good for that as well, seeing as I''ll be around my bf''s size 2 mom.

I really hope I can stick to the plan this time!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
No I dont think it will....perhaps you are dreading Sat FFF
31.gif
. I did some more time in the pool this morning rather then on the eleptical machine. What can I say I forgot to do laundry and I was out of workout shorts. I swam laps for about 30-45 min and then just goofed around for a bit. I am feeling over all pleased with this whole Atkins thing...okay okay I am loving the whole weight loss thing. Hey maybe this year I will acutally want clothing for christmas.
9.gif

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Can I join in?

I plan to lift light weights and then run for 3-4 miles, depending on how long my husband takes to do his routine.

Amanda, I know what it''s like to be around tiny mothers. My 6''1" husband has a 4''11" mother, which makes me at 5''3" feel like a total giant!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hey ladies - just wanted to post an update after my WI this morning. I''m down another 1.5 lbs, making for a total of 21 lbs. And here are some pics my mom took this weekend of my in my dress that I ordered (which I''m still not TOTALLY sure is "the one"). Please try to ignore my face - it was like 100+ degrees out and my mom hadn''t laced the dress all the way even, it was just too hot! I will try to take some prettier pics once it cools down here.

47b5d622b3127cce936e2f89482e00000015108AZNGLlyzYuB
47b5d622b3127cce936e2c7c084200000015108AZNGLlyzYuB
47b5d622b3127cce936e2c64085a00000015108AZNGLlyzYuB

And some "before" pics, to show the progress:

47b5d820b3127cce91a64f85120800000015108AZNGLlyzYuB
47b5d820b3127cce91a64f98932500000016108AZNGLlyzYuB
47b5d820b3127cce91a64f9a932700000015108AZNGLlyzYuB

What do we think ladies? I''m hoping to lose another 10-15 lbs. I had originally planned to lose another 20 or 25 from where I am now, but I''m not sure that''s realistic in terms of maintaining it. I mean, it would be great, but this morning I tried on a pair of Banana Republic pants I got right after my car accident (almost 2 years ago), and they were a size 6 and they fit
1.gif
They were a bit snug, but FI said they looked really good. I also tried on a pair of size 6 jeans this past weekend and Nordstrom and they fit me better than the 8''s. So I''m thinking another 10-15 lbs puts me in the size 4/6 range, which I think would be good. My mom told me she thinks if I lose any more than that, I will look unhealthy. The thing is though that even that much more weight lost and my BMI is still a bit high. However, I have HUGE bones (FI and I did the elbow test a while ago and my bones are bigger than his - they were almost off the scale of that old Metropolitan Weight Chart where they give weight ranges by frame size). Also, I have a lot of muscle and every time I''ve had it measured (not recently, admittedly) my body fat % has been low, even when I wasn''t lifting weights. So what do you ladies think about this type of situation - should I try to get down to what the charts and the medical profession define as a "healthy" weight, or should I try to get down to where I can hopefully maintain without being neurotic or feeling deprived? I did used to weigh in the "healthy" range for my height in high school and I kind of think, when I look at pictures, that my head looks a bit too big for my body, and my eyes kind of take over my face. Not super-attractive...But then again, I feel heavy when I think about the number on the scale. I am hoping my PS weight loss ladies can provide some wonderful insight!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
AmberGretchen that''s so great!

As difficult as I think it is, I say ignore the number on the scale. Go by what fits the best. If your goal is to be a size six, then do that. Don''t worry about how much you weigh. Although, admittedly, the only way I''ve been able to do that is by not having a scale anywhere near me.
2.gif

Keep up the good work ladies!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
21 pounds!
emotion-19.gif
Congrats AG that is soo amazing!
36.gif

I am amazed but what a diffrence I see in the two sets of pictures. All of your hard work is really paying off. Congrats you are going to be stunning and healthy on your wedding day! I know what you mean about the heat! Whew I thank the Lord daily for the blessing of AC! Yippee! 21 pounds! About the weight thing I think you need to see an MD they will measure fat with sumbersion or the air comprssion chamber. Calipers are not effective and can be off as much as 12% which is crazy. You look good! But without a professional it is hard to say how much is needed to come off before you hit that healthy weight.

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
AG ~ WOW!!! 21 pounds is so awesome!!! Aand you look AMAZING!!! As far as how much more... I agree w/ Matatora that a dr. could make that determination better, but I think another 10-15 would be totally sufficient for your frame! YOU LOOK GREAT, WAY TO GO!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats AG! Way to go on the weight loss! you look fantastic!

On a side note, do you all mind if I join in?? I am needing a variety in my workouts and am thinking of trying Power 90 (have any of you seen/heard of it or tried it?), if not visit www.beachbody.com. Anyway I am a HUGE fan of working smarter not harder, and am over spending 1.5-2 hrs in a gym 5-6/wk doing what I recently found out I could do in under an hour with a better use and combo of cardio and weights. Anyway, with all that said, I am thinking of ordering these DVD''s and trying them. I have the slim in 6 series and lost 15 pds in 6 weeks (but then my husband started calling me rattle-me-bones b/c he said I was too skinny
20.gif
). Power 90 is a 3 month commitment for 6 days a week but that isn''t too bad for me, my main concern is boredom setting in by doing the same maybe 4-5 workouts for 3 months
32.gif
. Anway, if any of you wants to join in let me know! Either way I''ll be poking in here frequently! Keep up all the great work!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Welcome LLL! We are always glad to have another girl here! (or boy!) I have never done your prgram but it seems neat. I love the Firm for its combination of weights and cardio. Really makes you work everything. Welcome I look forword to reading your posts!
35.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Matatora!
35.gif
By the way I have two girlfriends who SWEAR by The Firm, and the fannylifter...lol I love that name! Part of me wanting to try Power 90, is to get an idea of how to structure my workouts more effeciently. Im hoping to gain more definition in my back too, I think that is my biggest goal. I will let you all know how it goes!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Hey LLL!!! I have P90, SlimIn6, and Slim Series & really enjoy them all - Tony has a great personality & I really like his workouts. For me, I like that the cardio & sculpt routines are seperate, while Debbie''s usually combine both into 1 session. And Tony''s workouts are typically around 30 to 45 minutes if I''m remembering correctly, so a little shorter than Debbie''s. I think you would get something out of it for sure, especially if you liked SI6 - I like having several things to choose from - my only challenge rigt now is not having the space to work out...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results