shape
carat
color
clarity

Sat 7/30 daily workout thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I got through the first 5 business days doing great with both the diet and exercise, now lets see how I do on the weekend! (although I have to work all day today, so today is a lot of the same)
I stocked up on good foods for the house last night- shortcuts chicken, tuna, salad, fruit, avocados, veggie burgers and some easy-to-make skillet dinners., so at least I''m prepared. I guess I forgot that eating healthy and well is all about planning- I wouldn''t feel so successful this week if I hadn''t planned ahead, brought food to work and wrote EVERYTHING down.

I did go to the gym today- used the cybex trainer for 1 hr. The cybex doesn''t use your arms like the arc trainer so I noticed that my heart rate was a little lower but it stayed mainly in the fat-burning zone vs cardio so that''s good (I wear a heart monitor) I''m going to go back after work to see if the gym is quiet and if so I''m going to start my weights today at a leisurely pace. Wish me luck!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend and does something FUN!!!!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
FFF...good for you!!!
36.gif
36.gif
You''re off to a terrific start this weekend!!! Keep it up!! It sounds like your motivated for all the right reasons this go around!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
mmm food sounds so yummy right now! my morning cereal is starting to wear off!
31.gif

the first annual grand prix is in san jose this weekend which is a huge deal for the BayArea, and we are going to get tickets for greg and his friends to go tomorrow. we live about a mile and a half from where it''s all happening (i can hear the cars right now, too funny!) so i am going to see if we can walk down to get the tickets rather than drive (like we could get very far anyway with all the closed streets etc)...

so that would be about a 3 mile walk for today which would be nice! of cousre we''ll probably get ''lunch'' on the way down there so god only knows what that will be.
20.gif
weekends are my ''free days'' though so i only feel slightly guilty...
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh and i wanted to add something that we have discovered is super easy and healthy for dinner during the week...

we have been eating more fish lately, one of the ones that we love is tilapia, it's cheap and it's a very light fish with some flavor to it already. we have one of those burner grill things where it covers both burners and it's a ribbed top to catch oils etc from Crate and Barrel. Anyway, I just season the fish very lightly with a cajun seasoning dry rub from the jar, slap it onto the grill with some olive oil and let it go to town. In the meantime, I also steam some cauliflower or broccoli (we love both), season with a little salt and pepper and a small pat of butter and we are golden! The whole thing takes about 10 minutes, there's really no 'prep' other than cutting the broccoli or cauliflower and putting it into the steamer. Sometimes I also get us a pre-made salad from WholeFoods or similar to split if I feel like we are STARVING, but for the most part the veggies and about 8 oz of fish per person gets us nice and full.

So wanted to recommend that as a quick fix weeknight dinner...I get the fish and veggies on the way home and we do that about 2-3 times a week. We also like orange roughy and halibut which work on the grill too...the cleanup is kind of a mess but that's Gregs dept.
9.gif
But the cajun rub or something similar gives alot of flavor to the fish and is SOO easy!! OH and sometimes we do the same thing with the pre-made chicken kebabs from WF...they sometimes just do rubs on them or something like a sauce but I always get the ones that are pretty healthy and grill them. It's good for a change from fish and all you do is slap them on the grill.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Allright it took me a while to get down the stairs but I did my 95 minutes this morning. It flew becuase Saxon was in the room playing with her ponies. She is a such an angel to keep me company. I am happy with the weight loss thus far. I am unsure if it will be 100% acurate because of mesus but I dont think it will be too far off. I am just happy to be losing weight. My short term goal is to be in the 150s by the time I leave for AL. My long term goal is to be in the low 130s by Christmas.
It looks like maybe this time will be the time for both myself and FFF! Yippee!

Oh and I am so jealous of Mara...I wish I wasnt allergic to fish and shellfish. I got jipped, cuase that sounds really yummy! If you ever get a chance you might try Clem Mclescas...it is to die for and great for making things like fried chicken and other quick meals for bigger familes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results