shape
carat
color
clarity

Pave - Losing stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

happysnowbunny

Rough_Rock

Hey All,

A ton of you have beautiful pave pieces and I was wondering if you could tell me about losing your stones... does it happen for you frequently, are they easy to replace, etc. I know that Leon told my fiance he would replace any that fell out... but I already lost one : ( and I am wondering if this is a normal amount of time to go (2 months!) or if I am too hard on the piece, if I wear it too often, etc. All of your experiences/advice are welcomed! Thanks!!

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t have pave, but that would drive me crazy! Where on the ring was the stone????

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HSB, it''d be great if all these duplicate posts were just in one area rather than posted in all the various forums...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with what mara said in your other thread. We don''t hear of it happening that often. i have heard that most people say to go ahead and put them in an ultrasonic cleaner b/c if there is a loose stone it would be better to fall out in there. unless you are noticing yourself being unually hard on your ring, i would wear it and try not to worry. if a stone pops out, take to leon and let him fix it.

happysnowbunny

Rough_Rock
Thanks, ladies. I know that Leon said he would replace them, so I guess it is normal to lose them, but I expected it to be longer from when I started wearing it. I do tend to be hard on my things but since I iknow this is s delicate piece I take special care to be ginger with it... I take it off when I am cleaning, cooking, sleeping, etc. And I have only cleaned it by soaking in a mild cleaner and using a small soft toothbrush. But on the morning I noticed the lost stone I had been up late at a pretty wild family picnic-gone party, so maybe I banged it or something and don''t remember. Oh, well. Hopefully this is the last one for a while!

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

I have three sided pave e-ring and w-band that fit flush. Most people think, and I questioned too - if I would have problems w/stones coming out - or rubbing against one another.

I haven''t had a problem yet (with the bands ...the center stone.. is the other thread
2.gif
) I was also told that the stones are so small, they are inexpensive to replace if something should happen.

I wear my rings most all the time, to the gym even (on cardio equipment). I usually take them off to sleep, shower, cook and clean. Everything has been fine so far..

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
*faints* You wear them to the GYM?! You touch METAL wearing them?!

*faints again*

laney

Brilliant_Rock
lol! ame..

I take them off if I lift any weights or need to put force on my hands (push pull, etc) But on the cardio machine I typically don''t grab it that hard.. - just really hold it - so the band really doesn''t touch.. also - they are rubberized...

I feel naked w/o them! :)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
*whew*

I know, Im a nut.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha AME I used to wear my ring set while KICKBOXING with big ole gloves on and hitting the bag as hard as I possibly could with hand in a fist!

I also GARDEN with them on and wear NO GLOVES while doing it. You''d love that too.
31.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
*dies of massive heart attack*

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
ame i am so your twin. wearing my rings makes me soo nervous...the thought of them clanking on something...
23.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just yesterday, I dropped my ring and instantly got out my loupe to make sure it was ok. I thought of you ame!!!! It''s fine thank god!!!!!
2.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sometimes if there is even a gust of wind from getting too close to something the loupe is out.
32.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Ame you crack me up!! I know exactly what you are saying- before I found PS I was at the gym wearing them all the time: weights, running, pilates, etc. They didn''t get banged too much, but they got awfully sweaty and I NEVER cleaned them
6.gif
. Ok, maybe once in awhile, but not the everyday cleaning it gets now! Thank God for PS educating me on how NOT to treat my rings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results