shape
carat
color
clarity

when evaluating the color of a diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bogus

Rough_Rock
do most appraisers use real diamonds or cz''s ?
thanx roni

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Most appraisers use cz's.

Most serious appraisers use diamonds.

The diamonds are expensive, so it takes a serious commitment to make the investment.

JC

Shiny_Rock
Richard,

Interesting. I would have assumed that diamonds would be used to evaluate diamonds. However, I could see how it would be expensive to own a master set of diamonds.....

10.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
I asked a similar question last year. Most appraisers use CZ masters. I always ask when I see an appraiser. Some feel it''s fine, others are more traditional. In fact I thought about buying a set since they aren''t really that expensive. But then I thought another toy that was neat to have but wouldnot get much use.

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
My appraiser uses diamonds...I think he said that the color of CZ can actually change over time....

bogus

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your responses.
Does anyone know if the insurance company cares if the appraiser uses cz or real diamonds?
If the appraiser uses cz to evaluate the color could his evaluation be different if he uses real diamonds? possibly higher or lower?
thanx again
37.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There''s a whole story about this containing just as much technical detail as one could want on Mart Haske''s pages of Adamas Gem Lab.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/28/2005 3:30:36 PM
Author: bogus

Does anyone know if the insurance company cares if the appraiser uses cz or real diamonds?
Bogus,

Insurance companies don''t all have the same rules and they aren''t even all that consistent between their various employees but, in general, their minimum standards regarding appraisals are extremely low.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results