shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I get some opinions? Please.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EZ

Rough_Rock

I am seriously considering a diamond purchase this week, maybe even this afternoon. My first choice, after a lot of searching, was a 1.01 carat that has really good numbers. My fiancé showed an interest in the technical aspect of diamonds this weekend and asked if there were other diamonds that measured up. In another thread John also said I should make sure to compare apples to apples. I can't really find other apples but I have found another similar one by using the tools I have found here on PriceScope.

One of the diamonds is from Whiteflash and the other is from Dirtcheap. It looks like both of these companies have good reputations here so that helps and I do not have a problem with ordering on-line. The 1.01c diamond is about 8K and the 1.12 c. is about $8.6K. The HCA scores are .6 for each(60.3%/55%/34.7/40.6) (60.3%/57%/34.3/40.6) with both showing ex-ex-ex-ex. The 1.01 is 6.50-6.53X3.93 and the 1.12 is 6.76-6.81X4.09.

I know size matters but would a person be able to really detect .25 mil?

Given all of the above, and more if you want it, are both of these good deals? Which diamond would you choose? And the harder follow-on question - Why? Should I keep looking to find somehting like thes at a better price? I have both on hold so I'll be needing to make a decision by this afternoon. If necessary, my credit could probably handle the hit of getting both of these to check out and sending one back but I still value the collective wisdom found here. (Is it good form to have two diamonds shipped to one's home knowing that one of them _IS_ going back?)

btw - if it is copasetic I can supply the links for these two.

Oh! One last thing... (maybe ;-) Once the diamond is bought, will an F color really pick up the color of a gold ring? Would Platinum be better? She has already mentioned (and I agree) that white gold is probably too much maintainence. We are thinking a Tiffany style solitare. I like the pictures I have seen at excel diamonds, are there others avaiable that are so sculpted? The blue nile version has prongs just look square and boxy.

Thanks in advance,

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
throw in the links for good measure
2.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
That''s a really hard decision. Yes you''ll see a size difference between these two, but of course she''s not going to be wearing them side by side. I think, if I were you, I''d make the decision based on whether or not A) you can spare the extra $600 and B) which vendor you''re more comfortable interacting with.

EZ

Rough_Rock
Belle, Here are the links...
http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_details.aspx?idno=1332193#
www.dirtcheapdiamonds.comSlashdiamond_detail.cfm?did=8187869&&ref=PS622

Hest,
the extra $600 would go a long way to paying for the setting. However, "In for a penny, in for a Pound." (Sterling - of course.) If the diamond is indeed worth the extra $600 then I can probably switch to cheap beer for a year. On second thought - I couldn't.
14.gif
I'd just have to give it up entirely (for the year). Jamie at WF has been absolutely wonderful on the phone and Joshua at DCD seems very professional and helpful. I am doing a search now to see if there are outstanding complaints on either company but as of this moment I feel okay with either vendor.
I just got the Sarin report from DCD, would that help? WF has their report right on the site (I like that!).

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, the sarin on the dcd stone would help very much
2.gif

EZ

Rough_Rock
Sorry about the size! I will try and edit it down...

EDIT: I cannot figure out how to delete that huge gif and replace with a smaller .jpg. My apologies....

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s a smaller version with pertinent sarin info......

dcdsarinsmall.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
either of those stones will be very very nice. i am sure your girl is worth giving up beer for a year, but i would pick the one that would allow you to keep it
2.gif

wait, what kind of beer are we talking about here?
20.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmm the aca is coming up as sold and the dcd link isnt coming up at all.
The aca is nice.
The dcd one might be also.

EZ

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/25/2005 4:29:16 PM
Author: belle
either of those stones will be very very nice. i am sure your girl is worth giving up beer for a year, but i would pick the one that would allow you to keep it
2.gif

20.gif
Many different German biers. Anchor, Firestone and a couple others make a few great beers here in the states. Oh, and then there is Krušovice (if you''ve never had a Czech beer you need to get to Prague or Urquell). I am going to have to get an importer''s license next time I go!

Life is just too short to drink cheap beer.

EZ

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/25/2005 4:40:33 PM
Author: strmrdr
hmm the aca is coming up as sold and the dcd link isnt coming up at all.
The aca is nice.
The dcd one might be also.
The ACA one is on hold for me. In fact I just finished talking to Jamie and told her I can get purchase information and funds to her tomorrow. I do not know what happened to the DCD link. It was working this morning. I think I need to call back and release it if I am not going to purchase it. Nothing against Jennifer or Joshua, they were both very helpful. We just got to thinking that we''d look at the ACA one first and if there was anything about it that we did not like we could continue our search.

Now then, there are settings to consider...

Oh boy.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2005 6:11:49 PM
Author: EZ

Date: 7/25/2005 4:29:16 PM
Author: belle
2.gif

20.gif
Many different German biers. Anchor, Firestone and a couple others make a few great beers here in the states. Oh, and then there is Krušovice (if you''ve never had a Czech beer you need to get to Prague or Urquell). I am going to have to get an importer''s license next time I go!

Life is just too short to drink cheap beer.
awesome! i agree. put me on your list of buyers
18.gif

asblackrock

Shiny_Rock
An ACA should be gorgeous and I just love smaller tables and steeper crowns.
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results