shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding setting for Oval

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everybody,

I MIGHT be the proud owner of an oval soon and I'm trying to find the perfect setting for it's new home.

I love pave and halo's, and I was hoping you could post some pictures of what you think would be nice settings.

The picture I attached is kind of the look I'm going for...but, I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance for help!!

halo_oval.JPG

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I''ve posted this one before. It''s an east-west setting and I love it!

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
hi!

try this thread too. i was searching for a halo/frame for an oval earlier:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/halo-frame-settings-for-2ct-oval.23661/

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's thread to check out

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Well I like the look of the oval with baguettes or pears next to it. Are you wanting gold, wg or platinum?

So when do you think you''ll be receiving this wonderful diamond?
36.gif
Do you know what specs it may have?? Keep us posted on what you are thinking for the setting and any other questions you have. The link that was provided above is great, I hope you get some ideas from there!

s95

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/12/2005 1:52:46 PM
Author: Patty
I so love that, too!!! I love the east-west thing!

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the replies everyone!! B/F called tonight to tell me that he put a deposit down on "the rock"
36.gif

It's a 3 carat oval and it's really sparkly
41.gif
That's all the specs I have on it right now, but I'll definately be posting more.

I think it will be a while before we start designing the setting, but I want something dainty and elegant. I love the micropave band and double claw prongs
31.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations. I''m sure it''s going to be stunning!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2005 2:21:46 AM
Author: marvel

It's a 3 carat oval [in] something dainty and elegant. I love the micropave band and double claw prongs
Imagine double claws...

tmb_big_DSCN1451.jpg.jpg

Three carats would be larger than this, more like the transformed versionbelow (assuming ring size 5-6)...
for a dainty ring, there isn't much need for a halo around the stone to cover the finger.
The picture above comes from HERE (Whiteflash Gallery), the one below is a makeover.

nimeton.JPG

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Valeria....that's it!! I'm so indecisive though....first I want a halo, then I don't, then I want a split shank, then I don't...but, looking at all these gorgeous rings is fun!

I do love the double claw and I think I want an even daintier, ultra thin band...my ring size is a 4/12.

Did you do the makeover?

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Marvel! You lucky girl, 3 CARATS?!!
6.gif

Wow, that is going to be spectacular!!! I love the ring that was just posted, that would be PERFECT!!!!! Do that, do that!!
9.gif

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
oops...double post

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi IrishEyes, I love that ring too! I don't think there is any need for a halo...this stone can hold it's own
2.gif

Does the GIA after your name mean that you certify stones? Mine hasn't been certified yet, but I think it will be going to EGL.

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I agree with you, I don''t think 3 carats needs a halo! Let that huge stone speak for itself!!!!
2.gif

No, I don''t certify stones, maybe someday! It just means that I took classes at the GIA and have a diploma called the Accredited Jewelry Professional. I''m actually looking for work right now as a salesperson and I''m starting the Graduate Gemologist program so that one day I can buy diamonds for a store or maybe own my own store! we''ll see....
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2005 11:35:45 AM

Did you do the makeover?
Yes ...

Knowing your ring size, and that the band should be as thin as they get (say, 2mm ince less is not quite safe for pave unless weirdly thick), and the size of the stone (length & width) any ring picture can be adjusted to show the exact proportions of your ring (i.e. does it cover the finger ? how does it look with and without halo... etc.).

The picture at Whiteflash does not show the unersie of the ring. I bet they could do some engraved prongs like the Legacy's (picture being made).

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Whose setting is this - I love it

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2005 1:13:56 PM
Author: valeria101

The picture at Whiteflash does not show the unersie of the ring. I bet they could do some engraved prongs like the Legacy's (picture being made).
...this refused to attach earlier:

there aren't to many ways to make a large basket setiing let a ban next to the ring, and the Legacy setting by Tiffany found a way allright:

Edited for needed correction - the source of the pictures ! The two on the bottom are the originals (obviously) taken from Tiffany's website. Those labeled #1 and #2 (the crooked ones) are constructed as collages of the former using Paint.

twonetwice.jpg

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Valeria....thanks for the pictures of the baskets! Where did you find that? I am going crazy trying to figure out how I''d like to the underside of the ring to look.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/15/2005 1:54:57 PM

Valeria.... Where did you find that?
Arrrrgh ! I should have mentioned the source of the pictures right away (see the added line in the previous post).

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2005 4:27:30 AM
Author: valeria101
Date: 7/14/2005 2:21:46 AM

It's a 3 carat oval [in] something dainty and elegant. I love the micropave band and double claw prongs

Imagine double claws...

tmb_big_DSCN1451.jpg.jpg

Three carats would be larger than this, more like the transformed versionbelow (assuming ring size 5-6)...

for a dainty ring, there isn't much need for a halo around the stone to cover the finger.

The picture above comes from HERE (Whiteflash Gallery), the one below is a makeover.

Ana - I love the setting as you modified it. A 3 carat oval would look spectacular in it. [eta: oops, wrong pic posted - hey, I'm new and not used to the site ;-)]

Marvel - I can't wait to see the pics of this beauty! Congrats!

Blu

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the halo''s too...but just to confuse things, what about half moons on the sides and set it in a more classic setting? I am a computer spastic, but I am sure someone has a picture somewhere....and the halo look is stunning, too. In the final analysis, we can also always make changes if we decide we do not love something...not a problem!!! Congrats...

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Ahh! One of my favorites..... Michael Beaudry

beaudry oval.jpg

madrock

Rough_Rock
Love that Michael Beaudry, but then again, I am partial to ovals...
18.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2005 2:09:40 PM
Author: Ann

Whose setting is this - I love it
I''m sorry Ann but I don''t know! I saved it from here a long time ago and I don''t remember who posted it originally.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results