shape
carat
color
clarity

Daily workout thread Thursday 7-14

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Of course I have no exercise to contribute today
3.gif
but am wondering how ya''all are doing? Although I haven''t been losing, I have been staying the same so at least I''m no longer going up! I am looking into therapy (again) for the overeating, hopefully I will find someone good by next week (my Dr is searching for someone he thinks would be good for me.)

I''m dealing with some of the BF issues lately ( he''s still unemployed, not really making an effort to find work and all the plans for our Oct 06 elopement have been abandoned
8.gif
) I have a lot of stuff to work out but can see the light at the end of the tunnel, even if it''s just me at the end!

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been working out about 2 or 3 times a week still, although I need to start mixing it up. I really need to start working on my arms, they have that jiggle thing going on! I''ve been doing the elliptical like a crazy woman because I''m stressed lately and running releives my stress. So the result is that I''m still losing weight, something I really don''t need. I want to be toned, not weightless!!

I hope you all are doing well on your workouts!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I went to yoga on Monday, and had planned to go yesterday, but had gotten a flat tire and needed to get it patched. I do plan to go to yoga three times next week.

I actually had a friend call me while she was having some pie during lunch, just so that she wouldn''t eat as much b/c she was too busy talking.

And don''t forget portion control!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
FFF--sorry to hear about your BF troubles. Please take care of yourself and do what YOU need to do!!!

I haven''t been working out since Monday. It''s been so hot that it''s making me lethargic...I know it''s not much of an excuse, but I''ve been feeling apathetic when it comes to my workout...Hopefully tomorrow I''ll be going back.

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
There is a site called www.myfooddiary.com I think it''s like $9 a month and you keep track of what you eat and your exercise, and your measurements. Then it graphs it out and you can see what you are putting in your body and it makes you think extra hard. I used it to get motivated to start doing yoga again and I lost weight pretty fast I think. I don''t actually own a working scale so who knows. I can''t afford a scale after the big purchase, I am slacking today and am not going to yoga which is bad because I''m going out of town this weekend so won''t exercise, but I am too exhausted to care!

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Hee hee, well I was ABOUT to go to the gym just now, but I realized I am hungry and feel like cooking, plus I have some paperwork to do. So, I''M GONNA EAT!!!
9.gif
I just don''t feel like stomach crunches and running today. I''m so excited, I just bought some Neopolitan ( or what I call Napoleon) ice cream, I can''t wait! maybe I''ll get to the gym tomorrow, who knows. Who needs a workout when you have strawberry, chocolate and vanilla ice cream all in one container?!
9.gif

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I woke up this morning with the worst attitude possible for whatever reason. So during work, I told myself that I HAD to go to the gym or I was just going to be a negative Nancy all evening. My friends & I usually go out on Thursday nights so it wouldn''t be very fair to them to spread my bad mood
28.gif

So I actually went to the gym! And I feel a lot better!!!!
36.gif
for me. hahaha.

I was on the elliptical for 25 mins....they just got these fancy new ones at my gym.

Then I did about 1/2 of various leg & ab exercises. Ahhhhhhh, I feel better.
12.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have been doing my walking and walking and walking...finally got a pedometer! I do about 6-8 miles a week, even if it''s just 1m a day (4 laps around our outside park) at least I get out there and do something. And I also got that Ball workout that I mentioned on some other thread and have been doing crunches and leg exercises and some pushups on it, LOVE IT. I can do it when I watch TV and it''s actually fun to play around with the ball.

Anyhow, I have been seeing some big changes in my body lately. Also, my diet is very different than it used to be. I am addicted to salads...I usually have scrambled egg white and cheese and coffee for breakfast; then a salad for lunch; and then we have grilled fish and salad or veggies about 3x a week and the rest of the time is fair game for dinner. I only have desserts like 2ce a week now, during the week if I want something sweet I have some ice wine or a piece of dark dark chocolate and it''s fine.

I always get this motivated during the hot weather, summer clothes are so revealing. But finally I am seeing big changes...especially in my abdominal area! Also seeing the changes just motivates me further. In terms of weight loss, I don''t really have *weight* to lose necessarily, but I just really needed to tone up...and could lose about 5 lbs, so am very happy with results. Not trying to be a twig, just want to feel good and look better in summer clothes and bikini!!

So stay on it gals and really watch the diet...that is always what got me in the past! I was always treating myself and didn''t realize that I had to be more disciplined to really see results. That is just how my body is. I gotta do both exercise and watch the food, esp now that I am 30!
20.gif

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Hey there...

Well, I haven''t posted my workouts in... oh, I don''t remember how long it''s been... I''ve been working out but I haven''t had a real routine lately ~ I think I got distracted by final exams in May and then summer classes started (had a chemistry class for 5 hours a day then required about 5 hours of homework each night). I''ve just had a really hard time regaining my motivation and getting back into the swing of things...
7.gif

But, I realized today that my wedding is just about 10 months away and I just don''t have time to waste and slack off!!! So, I''m gonna get back in here and start posting again. You must keep me accountable!!!

Mara, is that the Gunnar Peterson ball workout? I''ve been wondering about it. The summer usually motivates me too and has a tendency to supress my appetite (too damn hot to eat!!) but it also sinks my motivation to workout when its 100 degrees and humid outside. One of my bridesmaids just moved to California to be w/ her fiance and when she told me their house doesn''t have AC I just about packed my bags to go join her!!

Oh, and I haven''t used myfooddiary.com that dazedland mentioned, but I use fitday.com. It''s free to use online, or you can download the program for $19.95 I think? Anyhow, it tracks exercize, calories, nutrients, etc. and is pretty easy to use. I did have to spend quite a bit of time initially entering all of the foods that I eat regularly (and their respective nutritional info) but once that is done it''s pretty easy and quick.

MUST GO TO GYM TOMORROW!!!!!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep it''s the Gunnar Core Secrets thing. the ball is just alot of fun and it actually seems to do more for my abs than just crunches by themselves, you have to stabilize the ball when you do things like pushups or crunches so that helps keep your body tightened while you do it.

it''s been pretty warm here in N. CA lately, A/C on daily...so sometimes i want to go outside and walk but it''s in the afternoon and too hot so i have to wait til around 7pm and then all the dogs come out so of course Portia wants to go play which interrupts my workout...so i kind of have to walk a few laps then let her play for 10 min, then finish up etc. sometimes i wish i could just go out when i feel like it and power through it but it''s been 90 and HOT SUN just drains me and i feel tired faster than when i do it later in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results