shape
carat
color
clarity

ordered setting..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamond326

Rough_Rock
Hey guys i want your opinion on something... I have ordered a setting from one of the popular places here on this forum 3 weeks ago.. I paid in full for the setting and was told there is no money back..I was also told i need to wait 3 weeks for it to arrive and then i can bring my stone and they will set it up on the spot... I was suppose to be called when my setting arrives.. So today 3 weeks past and I haven`t gotten any calls from them..
20.gif
So i decided to email one of the people who i spoke to about this setting... That person called me back and said that she called the company to ask whats up with my setting and they told her that they were short staffed and everything is dalayed.. So I asked when will i get my setting then.. And i was told that they will find out tomorrow..
23.gif
NOW GUYS don`t you think its a bit UNPROFFESIONAL for somebody not to INFORM me in those 3 weeks that my setting will be dalayed? I just hope that they didn`t FORGET to order it and now I`ll have to wait another 3 weeks...I hope they can fix this and I can still have my diamond set by this weekend (because I made plans to propose this sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) GUYS what do you think of this?
I don`t want to list the name of this store, but if my ring won`t be ready by this weekend..I think I`m going to have to post some NICE COMMENTS about it.... And I knon w a lot of people from this FORUM order stuff from them....
27.gif

jewelgirl

Shiny_Rock
That is rough...did you give them any idea when you called today about the urgency of this situation given the proposal plans for Sunday? That might make them work a bit harder on getting you the setting pronto...

When you talk to them tomorrow make sure you mention that you had heard such great things abt them on PS, which is one of the reasons you went with them, and know that they will help to get this taken care of by the end of the week.

I would also ask to speak to a manager if you are having trouble getting straight answers tomorrow or are feeling like it is going south...

I would have expected them to call if they were having delays, but I am wound so tightly I would have called 2 weeks into it to see how it was all going...Just because I am a huge pest like that :)

Good luck getting some answers!

diamond326

Rough_Rock
hey JEWEL.. Yeah since everybody here on this forum praised them for they work I was thinking they will do what they said.. NOW what made me mad is that THEY TOOK MY MONEY and none of them decided to call me to tell me whats going on with my setting....They don`t make them so I can`t blame them for the dalay if it is really some type of a dalay caused by the other company.. BUT what I blame them for is that they didn`t even check with the other company whats up with my setting even tho it was supposed to be there today... If i wouldn`t email them today hell knows how long would i wait for them to call me and tell me that my setting is not ready.. I already think 3 WEEKS is a WAY TOO LONG OF A TIME TO WAIT for a setting.. They asked me today when do i need it for and I said I need it by this SUNDAY.... Will see what will happen tomorrow.. BUT if they tell me that I have to wait 1-2 weeks longer then this place is going to have a nice REVIEW here on this FORUM...

icekid

Ideal_Rock
calm down! It''s unlikely that it is their fault. It definitely would have been nice had they dropped you a call to let you know there was a delay, but it''s possible that the manufacturer of the ring did not let THEM know that it would take longer.

You are cutting it kind of close with planning the proposal so soon after the expected arrival of the ring. You just can''t be sure with jewelry- things come up that cause delays.

And why do you think three weeks is too long to wait for a setting? Apparently you thought it was ok when you ordered, or else you would have taken your business elsewhere.

I hope you get your ring for this weekend though!

diamond326

Rough_Rock
I am calm, Im just dissapointed that I wasn`t informed about this dalay..Its kind of weird that the jeweler didn`t check with the place he ordered the setting from why is it 3 weeks and his order still hasn`t arrived...I understand "sh*t" happens but sometimes it can be avoided if somebody CARES a little bit more.. They could have called them up a week before and check if everything is going to be on time...I mean its not like i order some CD or a DVD and its dalayed.. I paid nice price for it i was hopping to get it on time... I`m not mad about this situation I just feel like somebody should have informed me about problems...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2005 11:46:57 PM
Author: jewelgirl

I would have expected them to call if they were having delays, but I am wound so tightly I would have called 2 weeks into it to see how it was all going...Just because I am a huge pest like that :)

Good luck getting some answers!

this is me too. I agree they should have checked into the timing to be sure they were going to receive it on time and relay that info to you. however, I too am one that would not of let 3 weeks go by w/out checking in to make sure everything was on schedule. i am probaby one of those clients jewelers would like to fire
2.gif
I hope you find out some good news soon and your proposal can go on as scheduled.

s95

Shiny_Rock
Do you think this is due to the July vacation that a lot of jewelers seem to take? I know when I called WF to order a Vatche setting, I was told that it would be about 8 weeks for the setting to be made since they were on vacation for 3 weeks. Also, Kaleigh mentioned to me that the whole diamond district was shut down for vacation awhile back. If so, it might have been nice if they explained to you when ordering the ring.

(When I heard it was going to be 8 weeks, it prompted me to look for another setting that I liked even better and only took 10 days.)

Sometimes, I think that you just have to prod people into communicating with you. I don''t think any of the vendors would mind you calling them, but if they told you 3 weeks, there isn''t too much need to believe otherwise and it would have been nice if they could have called you.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think it is a bummer but until you know where the breakdown in the system was try to be upset or hurt. This is an emotional purchase, everyone understands that. However the ring is for a life time and in the long run a few weeks won''t change things. I hope that you continue to work peacefully with your jeweler. Also did you purchase the stone from the same place? If not perhaps that is part of the issue.

diamond326

Rough_Rock
Hey guys thats for all the replies...and yeah i didn`t buy the diamond from them because I didn`t know that they were located so close to my house when I was buying my diamond from another place.. but i still think I paid some good amount of money for a setting to be taken care of the same way as the customer who buys a diamond.. Personally I do think they have some AMAZING DIAMONDS!!... OK but lets go back to my DALAYED SETTING...
19.gif
SO .....After a couple of UNSUCCESSFUL phonecalls I started to believe THAT I`m DOOMED and GOD IS PUNISHING ME so I would not be able to propose to my GF on SUNDAY!!.. I somehow end up talking to another person..NOt the same lady i spoke to last day and not the same lady that i spoke to today and told me she will call me right back, but decided not to...So I call back and i`m being told she left for the day...
29.gif
Thats how I felt when they told me that!!! BUT somehow I end up speaking to another person..I`m not sure if this was a manager or another sales rep. maybe customer service..I really don`t know...BUT HE SEEMS to be very CONCERNED and my situation and tries to help me out... After few phonecalls THAT NICE PERSON tells me that my SETTING IS going to arrive at their store tomorrow and I will have it set by their jeweller..WHATEVER THIS PERSON DID to get my setting on time WAS AMAZING!!!
9.gif
He must be a GENIUS!!
9.gif
SO now I was mad about this whole dalay thing but the way this person FIXED eveything for me makes me forget about all this problem.. So I should have my ring ready tomorrow night and i should be propossing this SUNDAY!!!.. THANKS TO THIS PERSON WHO CARED to help me out I will be able to do everything as planned.... I will not say the name of the store i was dealing with because for some people it looks like a bad experience. I actually think that they did an amazing JOB fixing this problem for me.. SO for me I do think i`ll shop at their store again even tho I had this unfortunate experience.. BUT guess who am I going to call If want something from them...
2.gif
The person that fixed everything and did everything in HIS POWER to get me my setting on time..And trust me I have a lot more to shop for in the future...Guess who i will call when I`ll need the wedding bands..guess who i will call when i need to upgrade my ring? and so on and so on...
10.gif
\... I`m not sure if the lady i was doing business with felt embarrased about the whole situation and thats why she didn`t call me or she just didn`t care at all, but i don`t think i will ever trust her with another transaction like that....

diamond326

Rough_Rock
Feydakin..you said "On the other side of that, if you tell someone you are going to do something on ''that day" do you want to be called every few days to find out if you are still going to be able to do that?? "" no i don`t want to be called every day or every half an hour BUT I WOULD MIND 1 call in 3 weeks asking out if the setting is going to be done on schedulle...

I mean If I was a jeweller and I would order something for my client from another company...AND I promisse my customer that i will have something done for him by this date..I would call the other company just to find out if i`m getting what i`m suppose to be getting on time.. ALSO I i was suppose to be getting something in 3 weeks and I don`t then something is not right and I make a call...this place didn`t do that...They didn`t know it was going to be dalayed, they found out about the dalay only because I CALLED TO FIND OUT WHATS UP WITH my setting...since 3 weeks were about to pass today.... well..anyway...I think this story finished in a good way..Tomorrow i should be getting my setting..AS I SAID I have no idea what happened....why was it really dalayed...It seems weird that yesterday my setting was dalayed and today they were actually able to send it to me... how could they have done something in like 24 hrs that it usually takes 3 weeks..
6.gif
) I WONDER HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results