shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher set on cathedral?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shane.reid

Rough_Rock
I''m making the final choice on my diamond today, they are having 3 brought in for me, per my request

1) asscher .94ct H, VS1, ideal
2) oval 1.01ct E, VS2
3) oval 1.03ct H VS2

Assuming they are all as beautiful as they should be (and the asscher''s girdle is not obscene) I am going to choose the Asscher.

Would this look good set in a cathedral setting? I''m somewhat partial to that setting, and want to make sure that is oft considered for an asscher shape.

Also, might someone recommend the oval ones instead (assuming they are all gorgeous) based on size, or the colorless nature of the one?

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Ovals tend to look the largest for their carat weight, so if you''re going for size, pick the oval.

Since I''m partial to asschers, I would take the asscher. My husband just gave me an asscher ring (H color, VS1 clarity) this last weekend for our anniversary. It is set in a cathedral-type setting with trap sidestones (you can see pics in Show Me the Ring!).

Let us know which one you decide on!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep they work good together.

shane.reid

Rough_Rock
Excellent, I am glad they do.

Because I chose the Asscher just an hour ago at the jeweler. It was visually stunning. I had read a post previously on here discussing ideal asscher dimensions saying dimensions are touch on the asscher and the true beauty will often just come from how well it is cut.

This was is beautiful, when I have it in my hand I will take a picture. It is a VS1, H and cut very, very well. It is a generic asscher .94ct and has a very good, prominent windmill pattern in it.

I''m in love with it - can''t wait to see it set on friday and present it on friday night!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
awesome!
Congrates!
Pictures when you can please!!!!!
We need our asscher fix :}

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
hhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Another Asscher Cut!!! Can''t wait to see it!!! Luv dem step-cut stones!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results