shape
carat
color
clarity

Ever sold a diamond using Bullock.com?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wcduke

Rough_Rock
Hi!
I''ve done a google search for a diamond I am looking to sell and came across Bullock.com. I contacted them and they gave me a price quote for my stone that seemed pretty reasonable. They are located in Houston, TX.

They are sending me some information on how and where to send the diamond off to, and I would mail the stone to them. If they deem the diamond acceptable they will mail me a check for the amount quoted.

Has anyone here ever dealt with them before? Anyone know of anything about them or have any thoughts?

Thanks!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Be very careful!
6.gif
How do you know that you are going to get your diamond back? Did you look them up through the BBB or the Jewelers Vigilant Committee! Do your research before you mail your diamond off!!!

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Hi WC,

I checked the Houston Better Business Bureau online to see if they had any outstanding complaints against them. They do not and the report went back some 36 months. They have been in business under this name since 1987.

It is a little scary to send your diamond to someone you don''t know, so hopefully someone on this forum can comment on them!!
2.gif

If you do end up using them, please post your experience, good or bad, as the subject of reselling diamonds comes up on this forum from time to time!
21.gif

Good luck!

Brian Knox

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Due diligence is always a good idea before sending money or valuables to a unknown company.

Maybe you could post the particulars on the diamond and what they offered.

If it is a high or low offer ,that could be a red flag.

Greentree

Rough_Rock
Bullock''s has been doing business in Houston for many years. They are diamond liquidators. If I understand their operation right, they will take your diamond and resell it to the diamond trade. They don''t sell to the consumer.

This is a good place to go if you need cash fast and don''t have time to (or don''t want to) find a buyer who will give you fair market value. I consider the liquidation value of a diamond to be about 20% of its retail price while its fair market value is about half its retail price. However, I''m not in the trade and could be completely wrong.

Any appraisers or adjusters out there that would care to comment?

wcduke

Rough_Rock
Here are the measurements of the stone I am looking to sell:

Round Brilliant
Measurements: 6.22 - 6.25 X 3.78 MM.
Weight: 0.91 carats
Depth 60.6%
Table 64%
Girdle: Medium to Very Thick, Faceted
Culet: None
Finish Polish: Good
Finish Symmetry: Good
Clarity Grade: VS1
Color Grade: H
Fluorescence: None
Comments: Crown Angles are less than 30 degrees

They quoted me a price of $2000-$2200 for the stone.

Thanks for all of the responses!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Considering the shallow crown angle, I believe the price range offered to you seems competitive.

Let''s see how it goes.

wcduke

Rough_Rock
Again, I am satisfied w/ the amount of the quote I was given for this stone. My question deals w/ the way this transactions is handled. Basically sending this diamond to someone I do not know and trusting that I will receive a check in return, once they examine it. I am hesitant to do that, being that I do not know who these people are and will never deal with them face to face.

Thanks!

jennyann2

Shiny_Rock
maybe they would go for something like the internet vendors here do but in reverse. for example you would send it to an independant appraiser near them and then if they want your diamond they send the money and when you get the money the appraiser gives them the diamond. might be worth asking, i''m sure there is not too many people that would just blindly send their diamond somewhere.

day_lily_me

Rough_Rock
I have never sold anything through Bullock''s or dealt with them in any way but have lived in Houston all my life and know they are a reputable company. They advertise in the newspaper periodically that they do sell pre-owned Rolex and other name watches and parts for them to the public so I didn''t know that they might only deal with the ''trade'' as Greentree said. But they have been in business for as long as I can remember and at the same location. I feel comfortable with the integrity of their business but it would be hard just sending something that valuable to someone you don''t know. Just my .02 worth.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
GO THROUGH SELLJEWELRY.COM IN NYC THEY ARE AWESOME

jmg

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I was wondering if you would please tell me if you ever sold to Bullock or not. If so, how did the transaction go? I am looking to sell a ring to them, but am like you a little nervous. Did you get your money? Did you get as much as they quoted you? Were you pleased with the experience? I would really appreciate your help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,
Jess

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
I have dealt with Bullock in Houston via the net and it was a good experience.

Recently, I decided to upgrade my Rolex. They quoted by far the best price for my ladies yachtmaster. I sent the watch to them and the check arrived, for the quoted price, very promptly.

I ran a Dun and Bradstreet on them before sending the watch and all looked good.

You should not hesitate to deal with them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results