shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying just a platinum setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SeattleSapphire

Rough_Rock
I have a very simple question that I wanted to run by all of you experts and deal hunters. I am buying a sapphire engagement ring very soon and I can''t seem to find any ring at retail that is a reasonable value with the requirements I have (three stone setting, all rounds with sapphire as main stone).

So, I am thinking of buying everything loose. For example, buying my diamonds online or locally and getting my sapphire through someone like cherrypicked.com.

However, what I need to know is this: where can I get a high quality/well made platinum setting without any stones? Where would you go to buy something like this? Do you think local jewelry shops will sell something like this? If so, how much will they charge to put the entire ring together (even though I''m not buying the stones from them?)

Thanks so much!

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
I will tell you what I did - I got the sapphire from www.cherrypicked.com and the side diamonds and custom platinum setting made from www.whiteflash.com

It worked out very well.

Of cours there are alternatives -

While whiteflash''s claim to fame is their ACA diamonds and custom settings they can also work with you to get the sapphire as well. Bob over at whiteflash knows his colored stones and they have good sources. Other vendors like winkjones also are known for expertise in the three areas you are thinking about - colored stones, diamonds and custom made settings.

Can''t go wrong with any of these approaches.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A number of online vendors here both have settings and diamonds. I would suggest it would be easier and (more polite, if that is a way to say it?) to get the diamonds and setting at the same vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results