shape
carat
color
clarity

Who come sup with these things?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Today while searching for buffing cream I came across FAKE TOENAILS....thats right if you dont like your toenaisl you can now by them. They came in about 5 different colors and even french....but lord I dont get it....

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yikes!!!!! They must hurt - whatever next, glue on chiclet teeth?
9.gif
9.gif
Your post reminds me of someone having artificial claws fitted to her declawed kitty. Has anyone heard of these, while on the subject of fake toenails, clawnails?

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Yes! My friend did the toe nails (french) for a formal event a few years back. They looked so good!!! I know of other people who have done it, but the only one I have seen in person are my friend''s french toe nails.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I keep my toenails in french just beucase I like it..and it never clashes. But yikes why get plastic glued to your body? EWWWW

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
They came up with them for me, JK!!! I have the worlds shortest toenails. My best friend asked me once if I bit them I said hell no. that's just the way they are. I never wear open toe'd shoes. It's awfull.
39.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Years ago, a cabinet fell on my left big toe...it was horribly painful and I had to have surgery on the toe (fun
40.gif
14.gif
)...Anyway, it didn''t have a nail for a year....I could see getting one of these in that case but this was 10 years ago.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t know they had fakes for the toes or I would have used one on my big toe last year. I accidently pulled the nail off and it was so ugly! Just as it was growing back, I bumped into a door at Pier 1 and the dang thing lifted and ripped off - again. God, it hurt.

The best way I came up with to make it look better, was to wrap the toe with a small transparent band-aid, positioning the band-aid pad over the "nail" area and pressing down to create a shape like the nail, then use nail polish to "paint" on a nail. Hey, it looked ok and was not real obvious.
Geez, the things we write about!

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
I saw fake glue on toenails at the store recently, too. I thought it was kinda funny!

Last year I slammed my thumb in the patio door, and my thumbnail came off. It looked ugly, too. And there was no way I could hide my thumb by wearing shoes or socks like you could with a toenail! I wish I had thought of a bandaid with nail polish...lol.

Seriously, unless you wore nothing but sandals and went barefoot all the time, how would those fake toenails stay on? I'd think you couldn't wear shoes or socks of any kind with them, unless I'm being dense or something?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am afraid of fake nails..too many horror storeis of how bad they hurt when they come off. Plus they look thick to me and I hav been blessed with healthy nails. Anyway the toenails were glue on, not stick on which seems silly, I mean what if they affected how your shoes fit? I can see if you are missing a toe nail, but for fashion I will just keep painting my own thank you.

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
I just paint my tonails pretty colors and forget about them! They look fine the way they are, I don''t see the sense in getting fakes. I''m the same way with my fingernails. I got the fake ones a few months ago when I got my new diamond, and I HATED them! Couldn''t wait to have them removed.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I had incredible fingernails, then about 10 yrs. ago, decided to try "fakes". They were pretty, but I hated being a slave to the upkeep, so they came off after about 7 mos. My nails have never been the same. They break and peel so easily. I just discovered a new product from Neutragena (sp), that is a clear liquid you brush on everyday, and it gives your nails a slight sheen. Sorta like you just buffed them. It is in a handy little pen, so you can carry it in your purse. It also comes in a "Pearl" finish.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results