shape
carat
color
clarity

Photos of The Wax for my SE

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone!

I got the photos of my wax today from WF and wanted to get opinions on how you think it looks, I am having a hard time visualizing from the wax to reality.

1. Does the halo look like it may be to big (i.e. firegoddess''s halo before it was reset into a smaller halo) and can a larger halo look nice if this is the case.

2. "Please let him know that there is no difference in appearance by
turning the stone. also we cannot place the bars in the gallery due to the
size of the stone as it would close the gallery and would not look
good." <-- This is what the jeweler said about making the setting exactly like Lovey''s I am kind of happy that it will be a little different because I''d like it to be somewhat original. The only thing is, is that although I like what they did with the gallery Lovey''s diamond is a 1.52 and mine is a 1.45 so really not much difference, although he is from WF and probably knows what he is talking about.

3. When they create a wax do they not include the prongs (because I am hoping for the double claws.)

Before I drive myself crazy I''d like to get your opinions on the photos of the wax. Thanks wonderful PSrs!!!

DZLNDWAX.jpg

Crowned

Rough_Rock
I like it!! I think the halo is definately thicker than Lovey''s, but it still looks good. If you are going for a more delicate look you might want to make it a tad smaller. I do like the gallery work as well. It will turn out to be very beautiful. Good Job!

Brian

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am sooooo not good at visiualizing wax to ring. (and i can''t picture a finished house when it''s only framed either!) so maybe someone else will have beneficial input!
the stone does look nice sitting there though, doesn''t it!
36.gif

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Lovey''s ring is beautiful, needless to say....I like the gallery sans bars.

The halo is rather substantial- it''s gonna look phenomenal either way. If you want your stone to "POP", with the stone as the centerpiece, and the halo as accent, than I do believe it is a tad wide. If you want the top down look to be lots of sparkle, with little differentiation between stone and halo, than it looks great as is.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the halo is a tad big for my taste.
Id want the center stone to pop more.
It is hard to tell because its green and stands out more.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I agree with strmdr, halo is a little too large for the diamond, IMO. It will be a gorgeous ring though, either way.
Good luck!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
So the wax looks freaking PHENOMENAL....so gorgeous, but the halo does look a little wide. Now, the wax will be bigger than the final product, but in the case of your halo, I don't think it's going to be THAT much bigger than the final ring. A question I have though, is...are you getting milgraining put on the ring? Because that is going to necessitate the halo being a little bit wider than if you weren't going to have milgraining done. That's the first thing that came to my mind.

I'm attaching pics of my wax compared to my final ring. You can see that the halo wasn't made very much bigger in the wax than it was on the ring, but the width of the band is substantially bigger in the wax than in the ring. They had to do all that shared prong setting, which whittled down the final thickness of the band.

pear wax and final.jpg

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
You guys are honestly the greatest! Right after I posted before I had even received any replies due to all the knowledge I have gained here on PS I called WF and was lucky enough to have a 30 minute conversation with Brian(Amen for all the technical terminology I have learned or I would have been a dunce). He explained to me the wax does look bigger than the final product and he agreed with me that the halo should be shaved down a bit. They are going to do it tonight and send me pictures mid morning and I am sure that I will approve it because everything else looks great to me and I love it without the bars.

He thought Lovey''s stone was between 3-4 carats, when I told him it was 1.52 I''m not sure he believed me, but by the end of the conversation when he put the photos next to each other he realized I was right. I mean c''mon I''m on PS at least 20 times a day I could probably take quiz on all my favorite rings and give the C''s for all of them
emteeth.gif

If I approve it tomorrow I will have it on July 12th and because it has become a collaboration between my bf and me I know it will be very girl soon, defintely before the 15th! I''ve suffered enough in waiting for 4 years and then waiting for the diamond, and waiting for the wax, and now waiting for the finished product! I''m shocked I don''t need to be sedated!!!

Firegoddess --> Thanks so much for posting the picture of your wax, it really helped me to visualize better!

Thank you to everyone for the kind words about the setting, I can''t wait to show it to you! Within 3 hours of receiving it I vow to post hand pics!

I love my Pricescope guides! I''m so happy!!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
your wax reminds me of kbling''s which is lovely

kcushand.jpg
kcushside2.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree the halo was a bit big for the diamond..I think a smaller halo would look better. But it is in proportion with the wax of the shank itself except that FG noted that they shave that down alot for the shared prong in the final, and her band certainly is very thin.

I''d just stress again to WF (in writing) how you want the FINAL product to look, as opposed to scrutizing the wax TOO much as it''s not accurate to size. Then keep fingers crossed.

LOVE that asscher, what are the specs on it??

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
don''t forget this beauty
mommy2nk''s

hns4.jpg

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
The wax looks amazing! I do agree that the halo would look better shaved a tad (but you have already taken care of that). Other than that, I think the finished product will be very pretty! Can''t wait to see the final product.
36.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
The wax and your asscher are both stunning! I agree too that the halo is too big. Glad that you were able to talk with Brian...he is the best! I can''t to see the finished product. Also how what is the width of the shank expected to be?

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
The specs are:
Cert: GIA
Shape: Asscher
Measurements: 6.51x6.30x4.08 mm
Weight: 1.45 carat
Depth: 64.8%
Table: 69%
Girdle: Thin to Slightly Thick
Cutlet: None
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Clarity Grade: VS1
Color Grade: H
Fluorescence: Faint

The idealscope, sarin, etc. are in this thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/advice-on-this-asscher-stone-please.29646/page-3

and

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-asscher-for-the-lovey-setting.30234/

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
I don''t have an e-mail that says what the shank will be, but I believe they said 2.5mm or 2.3mm.......I meant to ask that before, but there was too much info happening all at once. I''ll find out tomorrow and post it.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
That is going to be one amazing ring- I can''t wait to see the finished product! I agree with everyone that a slightly smaller halo will really make a difference; your center stone is so beautiful it deserves to have the halo accent it''s beauty, not compete with it.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am glad you are having the halo made smaller it seemed like it would draw a veiwers eye away from the stone. How high is the basket? Will you be able to find a band underneath it? Congrats your ring is going to be lovely.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You may wnat to ask how much larger the wax model is, because the difference in volume between wax and the finished metal cast is large. Since these guys use CAD, they can easily demonstrate this to you by opening two copies of the ring's rendering and adjusting proportions (one to represent the wax and one the finished casting) in keeping the size of the stone equal between the two.

Just a thought. Having a dainty setting is nice, but not if it is too thin to hold.

As is, the model looks very, very promissing. Good for you !
5.gif

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know the basket height, I''m going to get all the measurements today.

Brian agreed with me that he thought the halo was a little bit too big. He said it would just be shaved a very little bit. I told him I wanted it smaller than the shank and he did some crazy thing with measurements and proportions. He is not working on this project, but was the only one there still when I left so I think it''s good that I got the perspective of someone else there that also knows what they are doing, but hadn''t been working on it all along.

I love mommy2nk''s ring, that is one of the ones I saved to my computer when I was deciding how I wanted it to look.

I talked to him about wearing a wedding band with the ring and he said I might want to get it made at the same time as the ring so it would be easy to wear them together. We can''t afford to buy the band at this time. As it is right now it won''t sit flush, which I don''t want because it would hurt the pave. I don''t know if we are gettting married summer 2006 or 2007 so I told him I would just wait until then and he agreed that since it was awhile away that I could easily wait and they could make a wedding band to wear with the e-ring, but I might have to send it back for some minor adjustments. I''m fine with sending it back if I need to in a year or two and I don''t want it to sit flush, and he said it wouldn''t be that difficult to make a match.

Fun fact about the e-ring that I didn''t mention before: There are 130 diamonds! Well 131 if you count the asscher/SE
emsmileo.gif

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
Oh and Valeria that''s a great idea to ask to see the CAD drawings! In comparison to Firegoddess''s wax the halo on my wax is much bigger (i''m looking at the amount of space on either side of where the stones will fit into the halo) and I love the width of her halo, so I think it was a good decision. It will be going into the oven tonight as long as I approve it this morning after they send the new photos!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Your ring is going to be beautiful! I can''t wait to see it. I agree with making the halo marginally smaller. That should not be a problem. Did WF say whether all melee was to be the same size or smaller in the halo than the shank?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooo, can''t wait to see the final result. It looks like it''s going to be one awesome ring.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Wow, your ring''s going to be amazing! I can''t wait to see it! I think you made a good call by scaling down the halo a bit & focusing the attention on your center (131st) stone!
31.gif

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
3 or 4 cts

lol.

The differences in the rings are interesting. I think she'll love it. Good luck!
5.gif

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/6/2005 10:37:00 AM
Author: lovey
3 or 4 cts

lol.

The differences in the rings are interesting. Good luck!
5.gif
That''s how big it looks to me on my monitor too, when I got the diamond I thought it was small, but then my mind stopped playing tricks on me because I put my hand up to yours on the screen and realized that my whole hand fits in your pink and ring finger and 1/8 of your middle finger.
1.gif

Your ring was my total inspiration, you have very good taste! I''m glad that it turned out a little different though so it''s unique and not exactly the same thing. Plus yours is from the coveted Leon
6.gif

I think WF has done an awesome job so far, and I just spoke to Bob and him and Brian are giong to talk about the setting, so I should have the adjusted picture any minute now!

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
Here is the updated photo of the wax, I think it''s so much better, what do you think? I just called and approved it and they are going to send me an e-mail with the specs for the ring and I''ll post them as soon as I get them!

UpdatedwaxDZLND.jpg

appletini

Ideal_Rock
It looks much better and it will look even better when its on your hand!!!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Perfect!
18.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
It looks like a winner! We will look forward to seeing the finished product which will no doubt be stunning!!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
no worries mate

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results