clarity

Are you a 'surrendered wife'?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting read but I think that both partners need to surrender to each other, not only the wife. Respect, compromise, understanding, forgiveness, it all has to be a two way street for a happy relationship.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I agree.

You do not need to surrender to your husband but it sounds like this woman treated him pretty awful in the past.

Mutual respect and kindness toward each other.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No but my sister in law and her family are religious zealots and they believe the man is the head of the house, is the one in control etc in much the same way as a "surrendered wife" and live their lives with the man in charge - as an outsider looking it I don't think it's improved their relationship/marriage more than the next person who isn't.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the "choose your battle" method as opposed to a complete "surrender" and that is something that works for both husband and wife.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Ummm she just seems like a control freak that was trying to change her husband by yelling and nagging him. That or "surrendering" aren't the only two options.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny, you made my day :lol:

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
I think that I as creepy as the "Quiver Full" families who keep popping out a kid until the woman's uterus falls out.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you a "Surrendered Husband"? :lol:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess I have trouble with the terminology - while I wholeheartedly agree that "acknowledging you can't change or control anyone but yourself" is empowering, I do not define that process/mind-set as "surrendering."

That said, for sure I noticed a big (positive) change in my marital relationship as well as all other relationships once I truly embraced the "can't change/control anyone but me" philosophy. The biggest positive change I noticed was within myself however.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1481037249|4105150 said:
Are you a "Surrendered Husband"? :lol:

Yes, but we both are. :bigsmile:

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely not. Even when I was married.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
The Term "Surrendered Wife" sounds revolting. YUCK!

My husband is his own man and I trust him to make good decisions for himself, I am my own woman and my husband trusts me to make decisions for me. Really important decisions, and those that affect both of us, we make together.

If my husband was someone who required constant nagging, I wouldn't have married him.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soooooo I read that and, no. not me. He does him, I do me. Do we sometimes "nag" each other? sure, comes with the territory but its not what anyone could consider excessive. what this chick was doing was beyond nagging IMO.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yuck, this is horrible. Some of the principles here are ok (e.g. realizing you cannot change other people's behavior and that you can only change your own reactions, etc), but its couched in this language of sexism/needing to "surrender" to him with no mention of the husband needing to "surrender" back. I would have read it differently if the point was, "respect each other, don't try to control the other person." But this makes the entire focus on things for the wife to change, and assumes that the husband has never been the problem. Also, "relies on him to take care of household finances"?!?! REALLY?! SINCE WHEN IS THAT NECESSARY FOR A GOOD MARRIAGE?! *vomit emoji that Telephone found for me a while ago*

[The six principles of being a 'Surrendered Wife'
Relinquishes inappropriate control of her husband
Respects her husband's thinking
Receives his gifts graciously and expresses gratitude for him
Expresses what she wants without trying to control him
Relies on him to handle household finances
Focuses on her own self-care and fulfilment/quote]

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I the only one who senses this is more crap from the bowel movement to, "Make America Great Again"? :knockout:

screen_shot_2016-12-07_at_11.png

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1481140628|4105428 said:
Am I the only one who senses this is more crap from the bowel movement to, "Make America Great Again"? :knockout:

No Kenny you certainly aren't alone in your thinking. I wonder how long it will be before Republicans try to take away a woman's right to vote.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1481141219|4105432 said:

No Kenny you certainly aren't alone in your thinking. I wonder how long it will be before Republicans try to take away a woman's right to vote.

... and gays' right to marry replaced with therapies to heal us of our sinful illness.
Next, mandatory conversion to "the one true religion".

Time magazine just named Trump as Man of the Year. :barf emotie:

WTF is going on???

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1481141625|4105436 said:

... and gays' right to marry replaced with therapies to heal us of our sinful illness.

WTF is going on???

These were exactly my thoughts as well!!! Definitely part of that BS.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1481141625|4105436 said:

WTF is going on???
I thought maybe the Man of the Year position is bought and paid for...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The picture isn't quite right. Wearing a bikini is just "asking for it". She has to be covered from head to toe in a shapeless covering.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results