shape
carat
color
clarity

Dust for my new rescue pup

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dust for your pup! Here's hoping for a continuing and strong recovery.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DUST DUST DUST DUST DUST DUST DUST DUST DUST DUST DUST DUST DUST DUST DUST DUST DUST DUST DUST :pray: :pray: :pray:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Resonance.Of.Life|1480641101|4104164 said:
More dust please, it seems to be working !

Latest update this evening:
He actually ate on his own, not much but this is a HUGE improvement. Still tolerating syringe feedings well. His glucose is dropping, so they are going to add a 2.5% dextrose solution to his IV fluids. Labs are pretty stable, they look the same as they did on Monday, but there are still suspected bands on the neutrophils. Sepsis is a concern still and he's not out of the woods yet. He is pacing his cage and wagging his tail so this is great news. :appl:

YAY FOR EATING ON HIS OWN!! That's a huge improvement, and makes me so happy for you and the pup. I really hope this is the beginning of a huge upswing!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh ROL, I just read this & hope he is better. Gambit sure is a good looking fella, & nothing can be more difficult than having a terribly sickpup. I hope he improves & eats--dust & hugs to you & your family for taking him in!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go Gambit. Eat baby, get well, grow strong. Hugs to ROL & Gambit.

hoover

Shiny_Rock
Lots of hugs and dust to ROL and Gambit. Hope your baby is steadily improving and feeling 100% soon!

Willingness to eat on his own (and keeping the food down) is a huge step in the right direction :appl:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A generous serving of PS dust to Gambit. Really hoping he comes through this and is A-OK.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is wonderful news! Gambit is up and wagging his tail. Sending him lots of feel all better soon dust, and for you too ROL. This must be stressful for you. Sweet little guy.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY for this good news and for sweet Gambit continuing to progress and do well and recover fully (please please please :pray: :pray: :pray: )!!!!!

More big (((HUGS))) to you ROL and to Gambit. And of course more HEALING *******DUST*******.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad to see Gambit seems to be moving in the right direction and feeling better, I'm hoping and praying he keeps on improving! Sending tons of healing dust to that sweet puppy, and hugs to you and your dh ROL, I know this must be taking a toll on you both.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of healing dust from me and Lucky!

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Tears of joy welling up in my eyes to read the good news that Gambit is improving. More dust coming your way.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you girls again for everything ! The dust is definitely working.

The latest update (just got off the phone with the Veterinarian):
Gambit is eating very well on his own (voracious even), is whining and trying to get out of the cage. He did vomit and have diarrhea X 1 though. His labs look pretty good, WBCs are in normal range. K is in the normal rage. Glucose is back in normal range. Only thing is his total protein is still low-- but probably due to the lack of adequate intake for the last 4 days. So.. he might be able to go home on Monday ! Ideally without vomiting/diarrhea for 24-48 hrs and would still be on a regimen of zofran, clavamox, and flagyl upon discharge. They are figuring out a vaccination protocol for me as he's due this week but since he is immunosuppressed right now, he cannot have an attenuated vaccine (Vet didn't think of this, I had to press her for this).

I had some reservations about a new grad Vet taking care of my pup, but she's done quite well and I'm sure she will give better updates in the future. I had to press her a little bit for more details and ask her about protocols and plan of care for him upon discharge. My husband and I are so relieved at this news.

Q

Queenie60

Wonderful news. Thank you for the update. I've been thinking of your pup all week. Hope he can come home on Monday.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Improved appetite, wagging tail, and better labs . . . woo hoo! That's great news! Sending more dust to Gambit for continued improvement this weekend.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so happy to hear this latest update! It sounds like Gambit is rallying and has turned the corner. Yay!!!!! Such good news! <3

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that is such fantastic news! I hope he continues to improve with no more voms or diarrhoea :dance:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of dust ROL...I hope he continues to improve at a steady pace! Such a cutie...we need more pics when he is up running around
and feeling much better!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dust, dust and more dust to Gambit. So happy to hear he is improving.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very good news! Came to look to see if you had posted here! Hope he can come home Monday!

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I hadn't checked the thread in a few days and was so thrilled to see the great progress. Such good news!!!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Latest update (it seems like the less critical he is the later in the day the vets update us):
Gambit has a great appetite, no vomiting, but soft stool X 1. Labs came back 99% within normal limits, no more bands. Monocytes still high, but to be expected considering his infection. If he does well tonight and tomorrow morning he couple possibly come home Sunday night or Monday morning ! We're so, so happy with his progress.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dust, and best wishes! :)

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such great news ROL!! I've been checking throughout the day for any progress reports. Yay! Continue healing sweet Gambit :appl:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
God bless you and your husband. :halo: Gambit is such a special pup to battle this. :saint: Plus he is adorable. Dust to you all :appl: !

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
could*

It'd be great if my Mac would stop autocorrecting to absurd words.

Thank you all for your dust and continuing positivity for our pack! :) I am crossing my fingers that he can come home tomorrow <3 :love:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Resonance.Of.Life|1480831246|4104665 said:
could*

It'd be great if my Mac would stop autocorrecting to absurd words.

Thank you all for your dust and continuing positivity for our pack! :) I am crossing my fingers that he can come home tomorrow <3 :love:

Hoping that Gambit comes home asap! Hooray for the pup!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
He's finally home! 3 shaved limbs, looking like a poodle but he's so happy to see us! Don't know why is sideways. But here he is! img_2824.jpg

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy day!!!!!! Love this picture of your boys :love: I love happy endings! :appl: :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results