shape
carat
color
clarity

CVB Acacia - third time's the charm!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
I loooove this setting *sigh* :love: it looks so beautiful on you and your diamond and the Acacia are a match made in heaven. Congratulations!!

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
GeorgieQ|1478432025|4094412 said:
I loooove this setting *sigh* :love: it looks so beautiful on you and your diamond and the Acacia are a match made in heaven. Congratulations!!
thanks georgieq!
I've been staring at it for days now and I still can't find anything I don't like! :clap:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am late to your thread but I wanted to add how gorgeous your stone is in the Acacia!!! Congratulations, it looks beautiful on you!!

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
JDDN|1478635162|4095322 said:
I am late to your thread but I wanted to add how gorgeous your stone is in the Acacia!!! Congratulations, it looks beautiful on you!!
thanks so much!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!! The setting is beautiful and you wear it well. Enjoy your new ring! I love the look with the Pandora bands.

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1478731348|4096031 said:
Congrats!!! The setting is beautiful and you wear it well. Enjoy your new ring! I love the look with the Pandora bands.
thanks! I'm waiting for the engraved band to come back but might also need to buy some thin platinum stacking bands for long term as I'm liking the look too!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That turned out beautifully! :love: Congratulations! :clap:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The profile of your setting is gorgeous! I love it all but that's my favorite view. Perfect height, perfect reach of the shoulders up to the basket, dreamy! :love: :love:

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
When I sent my stone off to get reset, I also sent Caysie the original platinum band that I was married in. I purchased it over 15 years ago on Blue Nile I think. It was in the jewelry box, but rarely worn. Caysie sent it off to her engraver and 6 1/2 weeks later (yes, you read that right :wall: :wall: :wall: ) I got it back with a facelift :clap: :clap: Below are some pics of the new set. I've also ordered a small plain band and a bubble diamond band for some variety. I'll add those pics when I get them!

with_band_2.jpg

with_2.jpg

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
upgradingmama|1478267491|4093625 said:
My upgrading journey started almost a year ago. I had a 1.78 F SI1 MRB in a 6 prong setting that I was happy with for almost 15 years... until I was not!

I thought I wanted something super blingy and different. It felt kind of like a "we've made it" reset.

Take 1: I opted for a 3 carat H VS2 crushed ice cushion in a halo with three rows of pave on the sides. I just couldn't love the stone. I longed for the symmetry of a MRB...

Take 2: I switched stones back to a MRB. This time a 2.5 I VS1. I had learned about PS by now and got all of the #s right. The stone was perfect, I was happier, but the overall bling factor still made it hard to see the beautiful stone.

Take 3: I really couldn't justify a new setting less than a year later. But, looking at them had become a bit of an obsession of mine. :wall: :wall: :wall: When I saw soxfan's beautiful acacia on LT, I knew I couldn't pass it up. And, my hubby who has now certified me as crazy agreed :appl: :appl: :appl:

So..... three weeks to the day later, Caysie had my stone set, the ring sized and it's AMAZING :love: :love: :love: :love: I can not believe how dainty and detailed it is - just impossible to capture with pictures!

I also sent her my original platinum band to engrave to "match". That's not ready yet, so more to come in a few weeks! For now, I have it with an old diamond band that isn't right for the setting but it will do for a few weeks. And now the pics....
This looks so beautiful!

Downsy

Shiny_Rock
Wow - love the new engagement setting and really love the facelift on the band. Was that band originally all solid? (no milgrain along the edges?) I never realized you could do that to an existing band! I'd love to do that with mine. :)

I'm sure you are looking at your hand often! LOL

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Downsy|1480513443|4103710 said:
Wow - love the new engagement setting and really love the facelift on the band. Was that band originally all solid? (no milgrain along the edges?) I never realized you could do that to an existing band! I'd love to do that with mine. :)

I'm sure you are looking at your hand often! LOL

Yes! Can you believe it? It was a plain comfort fit band with no detail... and fairly scratched up! Here she was before the facelift

_38642.jpg

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone in a beautiful setting. I love the e-ring profile and the top view is great, too. Your wedding band version 2.0 is a nice match. What is your ring size?

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks!! It's a size 5.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results