shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW OTL's acquisition

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
OTL- looks like you may have returned the rubellite to Jerry? Do you mind sharing why- any issues with how it looked it person? I'm curious because I'd been eyeing those for awhile!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Drooling over everything you have, especially that awesome eye clean pigeon blood ruby!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Tsav is AMAZING :love:

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
blingbunny10|1480181906|4102766 said:
OTL- looks like you may have returned the rubellite to Jerry? Do you mind sharing why- any issues with how it looked it person? I'm curious because I'd been eyeing those for awhile!

Hi blingbunny

Yes I did, and I returned the purple spinel to Jason as well. The rubelite has nice color, but it has a bow tie that I didn't see in Jerry's photo. Plus I already own a very nice rubelite, and this one just didn't beat it.
Anyway, I am getting really picky about stones now, it's not the stone's fault...

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Burmesedaze|1480182251|4102768 said:
Drooling over everything you have, especially that awesome eye clean pigeon blood ruby!

Thanks :) I have no plans in setting it yet. Need inspiration :rodent:

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
lilmosun|1480307726|4103050 said:
The Tsav is AMAZING :love:

Indeed pretty nice.
Thanks and hope you enjoy the pics

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loving the Ruby, Tsavorite and grey Spinel, thanks for sharing!

DK :love: :love: :love:

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Desertrose|1480125680|4102650 said:
WOW!! OTL, all beautiful, I especially love the grey spinel, so classy! :love: :love: :love:

Thanks, that one has good cutting, it helps a lot with the overall look :angel:

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
The first stone in this thread is finally set. I spent a lot of time selecting the tsavy melee, changing the design and it came out a little unexpected...I don't dislike it, but not as excited as I thought. It's extremely comfortable to wear though, which is a plus. It looks very beautiful sitting there, but when I wear it, I just feel like it's not me. Maybe because it's too wide?

img_13824.jpg

_38643.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it. It seems so bright and cheerful to me. :D

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OTL|1480524983|4103765 said:
The first stone in this thread is finally set. I spent a lot of time selecting the tsavy melee, changing the design and it came out a little unexpected...I don't dislike it, but not as excited as I thought. It's extremely comfortable to wear though, which is a plus. It looks very beautiful sitting there, but when I wear it, I just feel like it's not me. Maybe because it's too wide?

OTL, this ring is beautiful. One thing I noticed though is that in this setting your stone gets a little lost at the top, so the heart shape is not as prominent. could be that is your main issue. Its otherwise beautiful considering you have such fantastic taste.

I could totally take that one off your hands....lol

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring! I love the combination with the thin bands together with your center stone.

Is your Paraiba ring a new creation as well? It's stunning! Specs please :appl:

img_13827.jpg

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I enjoy looking at your acquisitions! Thanks for sharing.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Arcadian|1480534218|4103809 said:
OTL|1480524983|4103765 said:

OTL, this ring is beautiful. One thing I noticed though is that in this setting your stone gets a little lost at the top, so the heart shape is not as prominent. could be that is your main issue. Its otherwise beautiful considering you have such fantastic taste.

I could totally take that one off your hands....lol

Arcadian, you are so smart! I do feel a lot better if the first band is gone!

I might need to redo this ring again....My god, this is the 4th time already. The 1st and 2nd time I didn't post the picture here.

_38648.jpg

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
elle_71125|1480531208|4103791 said:

Thanks, sadly I might redo it.........again!

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom|1480544006|4103850 said:
What a beautiful ring! I love the combination with the thin bands together with your center stone.

Is your Paraiba ring a new creation as well? It's stunning! Specs please :appl:

I don't remember but it's a pretty small stone weighs about 1.x ct from Mozambique
Set in 18k WG
The band is not done same time with the ring, I just think they go well together and like to wear it this way ;-)
It's not new though, it's been a year since I had it.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OTL|1480610684|4104060 said:
elle_71125|1480531208|4103791 said:

Thanks, sadly I might redo it.........again!

I can understand that.
I do actually like the pic where you removed the top band. The heart stands out better that way. :naughty:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, thats so it!!! :appl:

I love the ring but the white diamonds just were competing too much. Have you considered doing it with all Tsav melee instead? If you wanted top and bottom bands, that would make the center stone really pop.

And, just if you plan on doing a do-over...yellow gold on the prongs maybe? (or hell even green gold if you could swing it...I'm just thinking out loud)

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I wonder what it would look like if you took out the bottom diamond band too? Or would that get too minimal?

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Arcadian said:
OMG, thats so it!!! :appl:

I love the ring but the white diamonds just were competing too much. Have you considered doing it with all Tsav melee instead? If you wanted top and bottom bands, that would make the center stone really pop.

And, just if you plan on doing a do-over...yellow gold on the prongs maybe? (or hell even green gold if you could swing it...I'm just thinking out loud)

I will stay with tsav/ diamond I think. Yellow gold prongs sound nice, yes, definitely change to yellow gold prongs!

Desertrose said:
I wonder what it would look like if you took out the bottom diamond band too? Or would that get too minimal?

I think it'll get too minimal. I did a quick photoshop and it didn't feel right. Felt like something was missing :wacko:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
The ring is adorable, but you have great design ideas I'm sure your redo will turn out wonderfully.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
I'm back with lots of rings and pictures. Please forgive the unreal look of my skin though, I don't know why it look so over exposed and dry, while the stones look just right to my eyes, they are taken with iphone 6s + under direct sunlight.

First, the handshot of the 3.48ct pad spinel ring.

oi.jpg

lu.jpg

iky.jpg

iu.jpg

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Then a 2cts included Tsavoraite ring, the stone is full with bubble inclusions, tiny ones that spread evenly, they make the entire stone glow constantly, very much like a Paraiba! I really love this stone. And the best part is since it's a included stone, I think I got it for under $100 several years ago!

_38655.jpg

_38656.jpg

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
And a Burmese red spinel ring. The center stone is around 1.9ct if memory serves. It's a bright stoplight red. Never darken up.
I got the stone from Michael at Gem Line Inc.

vn.jpg

vx.jpg

_38657.jpg

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
You may not be able to tell this is a padparadscha sapphire, but it is, very small at just a little over 1ct, unheated.
I know Pad by definition are supposed to be pastel, but I do find a lot of vivid pad very beautiful too. This one is the most saturated pad sapphire I have seen. It's very hard to photograph the orange and pink color though. In person I see both of them, but with the strong sunlight and iphone's ability to represents the stone, the results seem not so good :nono: :(sad

ewr.jpg

gfg.jpg

_38658.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to admit that I am really drooling over that pad spinel. It's wonderfully saturated and just the perfect color. :love:

What? A pad sapphire too? I'm seriously green with envy. :mrgreen:
I love the darker / more saturated pads. They just look better to me. This one is quite a unique ring. It kind of reminds me of a crescent moon. Love it!

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Some "old" rings I played with while taking these pictures :bigsmile:

wq.jpg

_38659.jpg

rge.jpg

hte.jpg

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
This is the last one, neon mahenge spinel cut by Andrew from gemfix. 1.26ct and eye clean. I kept it in the gem box for years before get hands on it...I just want to make sure it's set in an ideal setting, that I won't end up dislike and reset it later....
Please forgive my super fake hand...

jh.jpg

_38660.jpg

hy.jpg

bgf.jpg

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
elle_71125|1481058705|4105236 said:
I have to admit that I am really drooling over that pad spinel. It's wonderfully saturated and just the perfect color. :love:

I love the darker / more saturated pads. They just look better to me. This one is quite a unique ring. It kind of reminds me of a crescent moon. Love it!

elle_71125, I made 2 stars on the shank! Although I didn't take a picture from that angle, it's the hollow area on each side of the ring.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OTL|1481059296|4105240 said:
elle_71125|1481058705|4105236 said:

elle_71125, I made 2 stars on the shank! Although I didn't take a picture from that angle, it's the hollow area on each side of the ring.

I scrolled back up and I think I can see enough to know where you're talking about. I love that! So cool. :D

You have so many gorgeous pieces showing up at once...I'm going to have to start wearing a bib, if you keep this up. :drool: I love the blue double halo ring, with a yellow inner halo. That baby just pops. And you neon mahenge ring is to die for. I love the delicate and classic setting. It lets the color shine. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results