shape
carat
color
clarity

question about pendants

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
Hi PSers ,
I was searching for a diamond to set into a pendant for a while ,then I contacted ID jewelry .Mr.Yekhutiel suggested a diamond :1.11 ct ,I SI2 ,GIA cut ex ,polish ex ,sym VG ,med blue fluorescent . it scored 1.8 on HCA .I was concerned about the low clarity ,but Mr.Yekhtiel assured me when he inspected the stone that it is eye clean & sparkly .ID set it into a 14 kt white gold 4 prong setting .I got it today ,and I love the diamond .the only problem is that the chain seems rather flimsy . I am afraid it will gets pulled by my clothes and break .did you (diamond pendant owners ) keep the chain that came with the diamond or did you change it ?

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
here it is with my WF G SI1 ,1.2 ctw studs :

S6300654.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gold is very expensive right now. I have 4 chains for my pendants... the ones that I wear are the ones I have purchased separately. The ones that came with the pendants are scrap.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to say your pendant is beautiful!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful necklace, I know I havent bought a new necklace in many years (I dont much wear them anymore) but everytime I did buy one I always bought a different chain, it seems like the one they give you is too flimsy :sick:

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm. I am about to purchase a pendant from Id Jewelry... To everyone who purchased a diff chain - where did you buy it from or where would you recommend to look?

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1300512787|2875077 said:
Gold is very expensive right now. I have 4 chains for my pendants... the ones that I wear are the ones I have purchased separately. The ones that came with the pendants are scrap.

I completely agree, I usually give away the chains that come with a pendant. When I was having the pendamt in my avatar made I had WF quote it with no chain. Then I sent them one that I wanted the pendant to fit on.

Since deploying I've bought several chains here and in Kuwait since I can get the 21 and 22 kt gold that I prefer.

I love that pendant, and the earrings too. :love: :love: :love: :love:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
As others have said, I also have learned to purchase the pendant without a chain. I have built up a nice collection of chains over the years, and I choose one that I already own to wear with the pendant.

Whenever a local jeweler is having a big sale, I check to see if there are any chains on sale. Sometimes they are discounted from old gold prices, and are quite a bargain.

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks every one ,I will go hunting for a new chain!
by the way I dont know if you all remember but I exchanged my new 1.2 ctw WF studs I,J VS in yellow gold 8 prong martini settings for new WF G SI1 in 4 prong 18 kt white gold settings thanks for the good advice of Pricescopers .now I am happy with them ,they are white & shiny .

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
jeweln|1300647426|2875851 said:
Thanks every one ,I will go hunting for a new chain!
by the way I dont know if you all remember but I exchanged my new 1.2 ctw WF studs I,J VS in yellow gold 8 prong martini settings for new WF G SI1 in 4 prong 18 kt white gold settings thanks for the good advice of Pricescopers .now I am happy with them ,they are white & shiny .

So do we get to see pics? :wavey: :wavey:

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
WF I,J VS 1.2 ctw AGS 000 ,that I was unhappy with:

S6300267.JPG

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
and my new WF 1.2 ctw G SI1 GIA ex ex ex studs in 18 kt white gold :

S6300393.JPG

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
another one :

S6300411.JPG

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
side profile :

S6300413.JPG

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Very nice! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!

As far as the pendant chain goes, I have always used a different, thicker chain for all of my diamond pendants as well. I'm a little clumsy, and the added safety of a thicker chain makes me feel better when wearing my favorite pieces. Plus, I feel that a thicker, better quality chain makes the pendant look even better too.

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful set. I do actually have a specific answer to your question, though. The diamond that you see in the ring in my profile is no longer set in the ring. I've got it set in a pendant, 1.25 carat. Yekutiel at ID did mine, too. Your chain looks similar to mine. Does it have a lobster clasp?

Mine is thin, but VERY sturdy. I've had it since October. I wear it 24/7, sleep in it, shower in it, wrap stuff around my neck, etc. I've had zero problems with the chain. If HE picked it, its good, and it won't break.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pendant and earrings too.

As for chains, I am a firm believer in box chains. I bought most of mine on Ebay. I look for someone with high sale volumes and good ratings. Flimsy chains make me nervous.

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
yes it has a lobster clasp which is very small and is difficult to use .right now I am wearing the pendant during the day but keep touching it to check if its still there ! I think I will feel safer with a more sturdy chain .

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jeweln, I am glad you keep checking to see if your pendant is still there.

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
jeweln-

That's the SAME chain I have! I have to put it on backwards b/c the clasp is so tiny. Like I said, every day, every night, in the shower, etc. I've never had a problem with it and I'm not easy on my shoes OR my jewelry. Neither the prongs or the clasp have gotten caught on anything. They really did a nice job setting my diamond. You'll relax in time, I used to check all the time, too. But, ID does a good job. I've not had any problems with it.

hautecouture

Rough_Rock
Hi jeweln!
I know this is an old post but I'm shopping for 1.2 CTW studs and this post came up. Can I ask what you didn't like about the WF studs posted above? Looks like you had an 8 prong YG setting and swapped for a basket WG setting.
I'm leaning towards a 3 prong martini vs 8 prong martini.
Thanks so much,
hautecouture

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results