shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Edited because I didn't proofread the first time!

Rod, have you ever tried a lumbar support belt? I just ordered one to see if it helps. I'm not expecting a miracle -- especially at $33.99 off of Amazon, LOL -- but if having it on is even enough of a reminder for me to move (more) carefully when I'm doing things then I will consider it a success. Curious though if you've ever used one.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, I have owned and often wear a back brace, kind of like what you see HomeDepot folks wearing. At the first hint I might be heading for back trouble I put it on. And I wear it if we're going to do any heavy lifting. It helps, but me thinks throwing one's back out is simply inevitable sometimes.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm alive!!! It really couldn't have gone any better, frankly. I think because I have been preparing people for this all along, and even give out a target budget last June when we started this project, so no one was blindsided. Whew though -- I'm REALLY glad to have that behind me!

And thanks for the feedback on the lumbar belt Rod. I will give it a try and see how it goes.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am glad to hear your meeting went well. The reason I would get stiff necks was a vertebrae was out of place. I think it mostly came from me sleeping on my side with my arms are twisted up under my pillow. I hope your lumbar support helps your back.

Rod, I bet you heard a lot of complaints whenever a new assessment came up at the condo.

The highlight of my day was meeting Marty for lunch. It felt good to get out of the office for a while. I picked up a few dozen cookies to take back to work so I made friends that way.

I spent most of my day trying to test an updated system of our applications but they couldn’t get a sample file in our test bed for me to use. I think that wasted about 1/2 of my day.

I had breakfast for supper. I tried some of Marty’s natural, unsmoked bacon and must say I didn’t care for it. It seemed very salty to me. I gave him my second piece. I must like that cured bacon since it has sugar on it.

Snow is coming tomorrow. Oh no!
Have a fabulous Thursday.
Curby

MarlonN

Rough_Rock
I have not had any health problems in a while now, and I know that is something to be very grateful for. It's easy to take your health for granted until something goes wrong, and I make it a point to be grateful when everything is going well.

Shondra

Rough_Rock
Dee*Jay|1479348528|4099530 said:
I'm alive!!! It really couldn't have gone any better, frankly. I think because I have been preparing people for this all along, and even give out a target budget last June when we started this project, so no one was blindsided. Whew though -- I'm REALLY glad to have that behind me!

And thanks for the feedback on the lumbar belt Rod. I will give it a try and see how it goes.
You know once you realize that you have the greatest gift of all - Life - then nothing can ever really get you down. Just remember that every new day that comes your way is an opportunity for you to make things better and more like how you want them to be.

Joel21

Rough_Rock
It's always great when you make the decision to live a healthier lifestyle. I made this choice some months ago, and now it's so easy to make the right decisions when faced with tempting choices.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, I'm glad the meeting went well and you weren't vilified. Since I was spearheading a $Million reconstruction and law suit, our assessments were pretty substantial. And not popular in the least.

Try the back brace. It really can help.

Marcy, did you say SNOW???? Oh my. Glad you've got a great 4 wheel drive Porsche to make it easier and more luxurious! It's going to get chilly here this weekend. They say Sunday's high will be near 68. Brrrrrrrrrrr!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, how dare you use that four letter word in our thread!!! We're having some truly wacky weather here -- it's going up to 70 today and tomorrow and we have that four letter word in our forecast for Saturday. WTF.

Rod, one of the people in the meeting last night asked if this was IT in terms of projects (and therefore special assessments). I certainly HOPE so, but how can you ever answer that fully and truthfully because you don't know what might be coming down the pike?!

Today I'm taking a client out to see six units. I also have some Christmas shopping I should do (or at least get in my Amazon basket for later). Other than that, not much excitement to report...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, yes I did say SNOW and it showed up with a vengeance and wind. I was a little nervous driving home on the ice but my car didn’t slide at all; I just had to watch out for the other guy. I don’t think 68 is a cold spell but probably for Florida it is. I think winter is finally arriving here.

Dee Jay, it has been wacky weather this fall. Our snow must be heading your way. Nice someone tried to get you to commit to no more expenditures at the condo. Like you are going to fall for that! Did you do some Christmas shopping? I hope your client liked one of the units your showed today.

The snow came in about 10:30 today. It wasn’t heavy snow but kept up most of the day. I had about 4 inches on my car when I got off work. It was really icy but I didn’t have any trouble with my car. Tomorrow morning should be icy but by noon it should be all melted. My car seemed to do well on the ice.

The new girl seems to be blending in well. We are so insanely busy it’s almost ridiculous. I worked through my lunch which was fine because my leftovers didn’t heat up well.

Tomorrow is Friday. Yippee!!!

Have a great evening and day tomorrow.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I have a bunch of stuff on my Amazon list, now I just have to decide when to order it and where to get it shipped. A few of the things are for my girlfriend in NJ that I spend the holidays with and I'll just have those sent to her house once I get there because there's no point in sending it here only to have to drag it with me on a plane.

My client yesterday liked a few of the places we saw and we're going back today with her daughter to take a second look. It would be GREAT if she wrote a contract and we could get the inspection over with quickly because I'll be out of town all of next week.

There is a guy coming to the boathouse tomorrow to help the CB put up a new header (right now the roof is being held up with vertical 2 X 4s... And we've got a concrete guy coming to see if we need to break up the entire existing floor and repour or if we can salvage some of what's there and just fill in the problem areas. What a project this is turning out to be!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, what did we do before Amazon? Great idea to ship the presents to you friend since you’ll be spending the holidays with her. I hope your client decided to make an offer today. Good luck with the boathouse. Both header and concrete sound like they could be a major project.

We apparently went crazy picking out our new TV. We had a 55” flat screen and I wanted to look at 60” or 65”. They look so small in the store so we came home with a 75” flat screen TV and I feel like we are setting in the front row at the theater. It’s huge. I spent twice what I intended as well. The TV is supposed to be our Christmas present and we are using it already. I told Marty this was still cheaper than a new watch and a new sapphire ring.

We had lunch at our favorite steak house in Colorado. Marty had a pepper steak and I had chopped sirloin. We split a piece of peanut butter pie; it’s a whipped peanut butter filling with whipped cream on top. Always one of our favorites.

We rented the new Ghostbusters tonight. It was pretty good. They have Finding Dory to rent so I’ll have to watch that as well. I loved Finding Nemo.

Have a great Sunday.
Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, there is no remodel that isn't a "Project!" But when it's all done, I'm sure you'll be so very happy with the outcome. You're lucky the CB is good at things like this.

Congrats on the Movie Theater Sized TV, Marcy! I'm sure it's 4k Ultra and all the whistles. We love our 4K Ultra that's for sure. I helped my brother and SIL get one for their house today. They went with 60". Ours is only 55", but that's because the entertainment center won't really permit a larger one and we love the piece.

I can't believe it's Sunday night already. We have a grocery store down here, which wasn't a particularly nice store that went through a major, almost a year redo and it's simply become an amazing store. They're always been known for their beef, but they upped that anti, by putting in a dry aging room (visible at the meat counter) and I got a 1.5" thick, bone-in rib-eyed that was dry aged to grill for dinner. OMG, was it ever tender and flavorful.

It doesn't seem even remotely possible this is Thanksgiving week. At least we only have to work 3 days. We'll go down to my brothers as my SIL has a niece and her husband, who are both veterinarian's coming up from Brazil. They've never had a Thanksgiving dinner, so that should be interesting for them.

Hope you've had a great weekend.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, yes Marty picked out 2 TV’s that he approved of (with all the bells and whistles) and then left it to me to pick which one. It was between a 65” Samsung and the 75” Sony. The Sony didn’t look that big on the wall. Oh well, football looked fabulous on it today. I think our 55” was about 5-6 years old. We sure notice the difference in blacks and shadows. WOW! Our receiver doesn’t pass 4K content but since there isn’t much out there yet I’ll wait to replace it when there is more content available.

I understand keeping a nice entertainment you love and buy pieces to fit it. We had a really nice oak entertainment stand but it was built to hold the old tube type more square TV’s. When we got our first flat screen / wide screen Marty had to put the TV in from the back and cut a hole out of one of the adjoining cabinets. It looked the same from the front. I remember my parents always had their TV in nice wooden cabinets; the TV was a piece of furniture. Times do change.

That grocery store sounds fabulous. Your bone-in ribeye sounds fabulous. We had those at a steak house in Denver once and I swear we both wanted to pick up the bone and gnaw on it like cavemen.

I can’t believe Thanksgiving is this week either. Are your SIL’s relatives coming just for the holidays? That is quite the voyage in a plane. It will be fun for your SIL to catch up with them.

We both kept busy today. Marty put up Christmas lights outside and ran out and got some of his protein shake and a TV brace for the wall so he could mount the 40” TV in the man cave’s kitchen. I told him he couldn’t take my car since i had to run to the postoffice; he said “just give me what you need to mail; I won’t destroy any wheels dropping it off”. I know the truth hurts.

I did laundry all day and baked some blueberry muffins to take to work for a potluck this week. Sadly I forgot (again) to lower the temperature 25 degrees for non-stick pans and burnt most of them. I got 13 that aren’t bad. I think I’ll make a pan of brownies to take in as well.

I also need to make some mini cheesecakes this weekend.

We also have a 3 day work week but sadly we need to do 7 days worth of work all 3 of those days. I’ll need some wine when I get home for sure.

Have a great evening and Monday.
Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, 75" must be stunning! Our next door neighbor has a 70" mounted on the wall and it's impressive. It's not 4K though. When we moved in the house, our receiver died on installation, so I had to go buy a new receiver which does process 4K, and is Wifi enabled as well, so that helped when we got the 4K TV. Given that 4K is becoming quite inexpensive these days, it's just a matter of time when the cable companies will be forced to offer 4K content.

My SIL's niece isn't coming necessarily for Thanksgiving. The timing of their visit just happens to coincide with the holiday. They'll be here for 10 days and it's really their vacation, so they'll be doing the Disney/Theme Park circuit and beaches while they're here.

We baked sugar cookies from scratch last night. They're so good. When Charlie's mother was alive, she used to bake these cookies in mini cup cake size that are called Black Bottoms. They have cream cheese and chocolate chips in them. We never got the recipe after she passed away and I just happened to stumble on an online recipe for them. We're going to bake some this week as well. But this is dangerous for me as I simply love them. Too bad they don't love my waistline back! Ha!

Smart of Marty offering to take the mail for you!

It was 48 degrees when we got up this morning. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, a 70 inch TV?!? Wow!!! I'd be making popcorn and selling tickets to the neighbors, LOL.

Rod, 48 actually sounds warm to me right now, ha ha. It was sleeting/snowing/hailing at the boathouse on Saturday and the wind was just FRIGID.

So Dee should be banned from after-midnight internet shopping... I was on ebay looking at prayer rugs and I found one that I liked more than the one I previously got off of ebay and... well... you know the rest...! It should arrive mid-next week. I also bought (off of Etsy, not ebay this time!) a hand painted silk chiffon scarf with red, black and yellow koi on it. The scarf is 22" side and 90" long and I am going to hang it from a cable in the boathouse above the sofa as art. At least that's the plan -- if I don't like it there I now have a new three hundred scarf with fish on it!

And the reason I was up after midnight (and ALL night actually) is because one of my upstairs neighbors came home and flushed the toilet and it started raining in my small bathroom. WTF. They had to pull the toilet and replace the wax ring and some other stuff and I think (HOPE!) that takes care of the problem. Otherwise it will take some more investigation. And thank god it happened last night and not after we left for this week in Phoenix or else who knows what I would have come home to... YIKES!

Currently at 30,000 feet on my way to some sun and relaxation! I've never posted to PS from a plane before -- we're having a new experience here kids!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, good deal your receiver is 4K ready. Our receiver is wifi but I’ll need to get a 4K receiver. I agree sooner or later cable and satellite companies will be offering 4K content. Dish has some but not a lot. Sounds like your SIL’s niece will have a great vacation. I went to Disney World and Cape Canaveral once. It was fun. Your sugar cookies sound fabulous - would you share your recipe? I am a total sucker for homemade cookies. 48 degrees sounds very cold for your neck of the country.

Dee Jay, good idea to have movie night here - I can have people pitch to rent movies; make popcorn and help pay for the giant TV. I saw our snow storm moved in your direction. We might have some snow / rain tomorrow but not much. I see nothing wrong with shopping after midnight. Enjoy your week in Phoenix.

I remember those giant 70” projection screen TV’s. They took up an entire living room. Love these skinny TV’s that can go flat against the wall.

Work was busy and I ended up working a few hours from home tonight. The VPN connection or access to our terminal servers was flaky at best tonight; it took me far longer to make some updates than it should. My carrot though is that 4 day weekend in sight.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thanksgiving Eve! :wavey:

I got to leave work 2 hours early today. :appl: :appl: :appl:

I got my mini cheesecakes for tomorrow made before Marty cooked supper. Marty made some strawberry / blueberry compote (or compost as I call it :lol: ) to put on top. We are taking some wine with us tomorrow as well.

I plan on watching the parade in the morning at least until I get to see the Snoopy Balloon go by.

I hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving. Eat some turkey for me.

Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a few photos. Our living room, the TV doesn't really overpower the room and I'm adjusting to the size already. One of the pans of my mini cheesecakes and supper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1479952118.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1479952128.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1479952140.jpg

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I'm actually surprised the TV doesn't look bigger. It certainly doesn't dominate your room at all. Your little cheesecakes look yummy! Yay for getting off work early!

They never said anything yesterday about getting off work early, but this morning, they sent out an email inviting us to a great Italian restaurant for lunch and then we could leave directly from lunch. It was a nice surprise and a great way to start the holiday weekend.

Charlie and I went to Starbucks and sat outside on this beautifully sunny and not too hot day. Then off for some last minute groceries before going to our favorite Chinese restaurant for dinner. Then we came home and made a couple pumpkin pies for tomorrow and the cranberry orange relish. We're getting up early tomorrow morning and heading down to my brothers for breakfast and I'll do most of the cooking for the dinner.

I'm not sure what we'll do the rest of the weekend, but whatever it is, I hope it's nice and quiet.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! I hope your day is terrific with whoever you're with and the food is perfect.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thanksgiving!

Rod, I am already adjusting to the size of the picture on that TV but it does fit well in our room.

That is fabulous you were treated to a delicious lunch yesterday and then got the rest of the day off. That is really nice.

I bet your pies are delicious. Have a great time with your brother and SIL.

Dee Jay, it’s snowing here so I know you are having nicer weather in Phoenix. Maybe we’ll make it back down there next year.

Have a wonderful day; with terrific food and enjoying the company of family and friends.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Yesterday we left after breakfast since it was starting to snow here. What else would you expect in Wyoming? There were about 18 of us at my nephew’s house. They fixed your basic turkey dinner plus we had ham. After lunch Marty was giving rides in my car to anyone who asked and I bet my 12 year old nephew is still talking about riding in Marcy’s Porsche. He is very inquisitive, asked about each and every button, wanted to see the engine and apparently Marty took some corners pretty fast that left the normally talkative little guy speechless. The little guy came back with a big grin on his face. Later Marty and some of the other guys went shopping at Dick’s Sporting Goods when they opened at 6 pm. After the guys got back from shopping Marty and I came home.

Our cleaning lady came this morning so Marty and I went out to breakfast after she got here and then did some shopping. Marty got a few pairs of jeans, I got a thermal shirt at 25% off. The I got all sorts of things I didn’t need at Bed, Bath and Beyond because everything was 20% off. I went there to get a new Christmas tablecloth but I picked up this and that while we wandered through the store. But it was on sale!

Have a great day and a wonderful weekend.
Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Day After..........

Yesterday was a looooooong day. My brother asked us to be at his house about 9 AM for a big country breakfast, so we were up and out early. My SIL's niece and husband are very nice. Their English isn't too great, but my SIL could translate. I did most of the cooking as usual. My turkey, stuffing, mashed potato's and gravy from scratch were really good. My SIL made a couple side dishes that were good too. And for desert, she made a homemade apple pie and Charlie made a homemade pumpkin pie. We got home about 9 PM and tbh, 12 hours was long enough.

Today we slept in, had coffee and a lite lunch, and then just watched holiday movies on Hallmark Channel. Our cable company was just acquired by Charter communications and the transition was last week. I called to see if there are any better packages since the transition and was pleasantly surprised to be offered every single channel (including all premium channels), higher speed for internet for $80/month less than we were paying before the transition. The price and service is guaranteed for 3 years, so I signed us up immediately.

It's pretty warm for this time of year. It was about 80 degrees this afternoon. We went to Starbucks for coffee and sat outside, but it was a bit warm for coffee outside. Tonight we met our friends for our normal Friday night sushi. We have no special plans for the rest of the weekend. We have no clue what to even think about shopping for for Xmas. TBH, we don't need anything, so we may not buy much this year.

Marcy, I'm sure everyone who got a ride in the Macan, really enjoyed it. Snow huh? It would be fun for the holidays. Thanksgiving in shorts and T-shirts, even after all these years living in Florida seems odd to us. Christmas, even more so.

We just had a piece of pumpkin pie. Charlie made an extra one just for us. Now we're going to go get in the spa.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, you did spend a long time at your brother and SIL for Thanksgiving but it sounds like you had a wonderful day with lots of delicious food. What you said about your SIL’s relatives limited English made me think of a lady at work. She is from Cuba and generally speaks English okay but slang terms really throw her for a loop. She sometimes comes and asks me what something means or what word she should use.

That is great you locked in a good deal for your TV and high speed internet. We had Charter for a year or two and they were okay but we liked the provider (Bresnan) before them better. Charter’s high speed internet was great; but they had very limited features and services for voice compared to Bresnan. Now we have Optimum and I wish we had Charter back. We have DISH for our TV.

I agree 80 degree weather for Thanksgiving seems very warm. We’ve probably had snow storms about 1/4 of the time over the years. Many times someone gets stuck with a huge turkey because most of out of town guests can’t make it.

Mm pumpkin pie sounds great. We are going to have a mini cheesecake after supper tonight.

I slept in today. Sweet. I am working on laundry and we put up our Christmas tree and decorations. I put all my Peanuts collectibles on a little table; I guess it’s like my Peanuts village. I was checking Amazon for some additional pieces but I guess I have enough already.

We are having tenderloins cooked on the grill for supper.

Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, yes. 12 hours at my brother's was long enough. We were glad to come home and we've been on our own the rest of the weekend. We lounged around this morning, then decided to go to Costco. We were almost there when we realized we forgot our checkbook. Fortunately, a year ago, Costco finally started taking Visa credit cards. Why is it that no matter what you go in to Costco for, you walk out having spent $300. Walk in. Walk out. $300 gone. And it doesn't matter what's in your cart. It's $300. We had a Costco Rotissirie chicken and left over side dishes from Thanksgiving for dinner.

On the cable thing. We only have two cable companies in Tampa. Verizon, which was acquired by Frontier and had a horrendous transition, which got them sued by the Attorney General of Florida, and Bright House Networks, which was just bought by Charter. We loved Bright House. Charter seems even better with more channel options and faster internet.

We're watching the Gilmore Girls reboot on Netflix. If you ever saw the original series, these new episodes are really great. The flavor of the original series brought current. Really good.

I can't believe tomorrow is Sunday and then back to work. Blech............

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, we missed you! As for who who was running into things with the rental car... the CB didn't exactly HIT anything but he scraped the living he!! out of the bottom front of the bumper thingy turning around in my friend's driveway. I'm really hoping the rental car company doesn't come after me for it because there were already some small things on the car... but I guess I won't know for a while. Ack.

Rod, twelve hours is a loooooong time! It sounds like you had a good time though, and that's the important part. And Costco -- you're lucky if you can get out for only three hundred bucks! I don't know what happens in that store... it's like another dimension!

We had a good time in Phoenix but I was (as usual) ready to come back. We got in about one o'clock this morning and it was great to sleep in my own bed again. The CB has brought a cold home with him that I'm sure I'll end up with... We were going to go to the boat house today but never got around to it so I supposed we'll have to go tomorrow and clean it out so the concrete guy can break up the floor and pour a new one. That's six grand I hand't really factored into the original budget. Damn.

Today I did clean the master bathroom and do the laundry from the trip as well as buy a bunch of stuff off the internet. god bless Amazon! I've got a location scout coming at 9 am on Monday though so this place HAS to get cleaned up tomorrow, at least on the surface!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, I am glad you and Charlie had a nice, quiet and relaxing weekend. We spend about the same at Sams Club - if you guys are like us you just pick up things because they are such a great deal! I have enough paper towels, tissues, napkins, toilet paper and plastic bags to last me at least until January. I keep telling Marty to try Sams rotisserie chicken; I’ve always heard both Costcos and Sam’s chickens are really good. Glad to hear that Charter offers more channels for you. Even with every channel that Dish offers I sometimes still can’t find anything I want to watch. Yes, it’s true it’s back to the salt mines tomorrow.

Dee Jay, they are going to hang pictures of CB and Marty in the rental car place in Phoenix - don’t rent a car to these guys. I hope they don’t notice the bumper thingy on your rental. Some of those are just way too low. I hope CB gets over his cold quickly and that you don’t catch it. Rats for $6000 more being added to the budget for the boathouse. Isn’t that the way it usually goes though? I am a major fan and frequent user of Amazon. You honestly can find almost anything you want there.

I have been pretty lazy today. I am reading the latest Micheal Connelly book and spent most of my day reading it. I am about 80% finished so I hope I can get through the rest of it tonight. Of course watching the Broncos will probably interfere with my reading plans.

Marty got the drawers done for the cupboard we keep our bowls and plastic storage containers. He said it’s not his best work but I think I’ll love it. He had the bottom drawer done this summer but the top one wouldn’t fit because he didn’t account for the hinges on the doors. They slide a little bit hard but they will probably ease up with use.

I was going to run a few errands today but it was raining and snowing when I got up so I stayed home. My car is clean and I wanted to keep it that way.

Marty is going to go down tomorrow and pay the sales tax on my car and pay for our license plates. At least they can be deducted on my taxes.

Have a great week.
Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, I'm glad Phoenix was nice. Sorry about having to pay for a new floor. There are going to lots of things you'll be paying out for you didn't expect of budget. That's just how reno's go, I'm afraid. But the end will justify the means, I'm sure.

Marcy, staying home today sounded wise with the weather you were having. I got a chuckle out of not wanting to get the Macan dirty. We are usually the same way with a new car. It wears off though. I hear you on having a zillion channels to watch but not finding anything we want to watch. When that happens, its usually on HGTV or Cooking/Food network.

We had another relaxing day today. We slept in, had a bowl of fresh fruit with coffee, then turned the left over chicken into chicken salad and had that for lunch. We got some food to cook for dinner out this afternoon. Crab cakes and salad, with the remainder of the pumpkin pie for desert.

We watched all 4 new episodes of Gilmore Girls this weekend on Netflix. It was really fun to see Lorelei and Rory and all the characters from that show again.

Boo to a new work week. Really. Harumph, is all I can say.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, you really can find just about anything and everything on Amazon! I have fallen down the rabbit hole many a time though and ended up looking at all sorts of stuff much different than what I started searching for!

Rod, I'm sure the costs will mount and mount on this project because there are so many unknowns... I've already spent $$$ on electrical I didn't anticipate, but that's all good because otherwise the place was in danger of burning down... !

Last night I cleaned up like mad! There was a location scout coming this morning so I got the place in order before I went to bed, and I was glad because they were a bit early. The one thing I didn't do was mop the floor, but it looked pretty good anyway. I've got a TON of x-mas stuff to wrap but I'm really enjoying having the house in pristine condition so I may put it off for a day or two, LOL.

Haven't checked in with the CB to see how his cold is today. I'm not feeling bad so maybe I dodged the bullet and I'm going to skip this one! (Watch -- I say that and I'll end up sneezing my head off for the next three days!)

I tried on two pair of pants last night that I bought in September and they were a bit snug so the pre-holiday diet starts TODAY.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, I am sure I’ll get used to my car getting dirty but it looks so much better clean. When there is nothing on to watch Marty puts on the Cooking Channel, Food Network or Velocity. I’ll put on the news or Sirius. I must watch Gilmore Girls sometime; so many people I know really like it.

Dee Jay, I heard Amazon was changing their Cyber Monday deals every 5 minutes today. They must have been swamped all day. I always search for Snoopy stuff whenever I buy something and of course I keep things to my cart until I get free shipping. I hope CB is doing better and you don’t catch that cold. It is a good time to start the pre-holiday diet. I have lost a little weight because of Marty’s strict diet - that’s not a bad thing.

Marty sent me a text from the county treasurer’s office saying I was going to owe him for standing in line so long. I figured the last Monday of the month would be bad and it was. Good news though the total was about $350 less than I’d estimated. Sweet.

It was tough going back to work today. I liked the 4 day weekend way better.

My new lady employee brought me her resignation letter this afternoon and said “bye”. She headed down to HR and then left. She told me couldn’t work under my boss; someone she doesn’t respect. Life is like a box of chocolates . . .

Marty must have started his own gym. 2 of his buddies are over here working out tonight. I should make up some sign in sheet and set fees. Ha!

Take care.
Curby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results