shape
carat
color
clarity

Got my rings back from BGD after sizing bars/resize!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I sent my rings to BGD back in early October and we were in discussion over how to effectively handle sizing since I am still losing weight, but don't want to be overly optimistic on my weight loss, since I've had a plateau since July that is making me insane. I've lost inches like crazy, but the scale WILL.NOT.MOVE. :angryfire:

After discussion and deliberation, and testing with a plastic sizer from e-weddingbands, I decided to have my plain spacer sized down to match the sizer and Brian suggested we do sizing BARS versus beads. He was right on the money. Not only do they work perfectly, they look a lot better. The plain band is a tiny bit snug, but today a front moves through and winter will arrive. 80 degrees to 20 in a blink. WEEE. So I'll see how they feel after that! lol

They did my Kwiat eternity and my Ering with bars, and sized the spacer. I picked them up last night. I wasn't in a big hurry as long as I had them back by this weekend so I could travel for Thanksgiving with them.

Attached are the photos of their work :)

And on my hand:

briangavin_amyd1b_110916.jpg

briangavin_tiffany_amyd1b_111616.jpg

briangavin_tiffany_amyd3b_111616.jpg

img_13660.jpg

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
They look great!

Gorgeous rings!

P

PierreBear

Beautiful set!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look perfect as always (you should seriously wear them more!) and well done on the weight loss! Ignore the scales - it's the inches that count :appl:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!!!

My day to day just makes wearing them impractical. I just do too much with my hands.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1479488512|4100240 said:
I sent my rings to BGD back in early October and we were in discussion over how to effectively handle sizing since I am still losing weight, but don't want to be overly optimistic on my weight loss, since I've had a plateau since July that is making me insane. I've lost inches like crazy, but the scale WILL.NOT.MOVE. :angryfire:

After discussion and deliberation, and testing with a plastic sizer from e-weddingbands, I decided to have my plain spacer sized down to match the sizer and Brian suggested we do sizing BARS versus beads. He was right on the money. Not only do they work perfectly, they look a lot better. The plain band is a tiny bit snug, but today a front moves through and winter will arrive. 80 degrees to 20 in a blink. WEEE. So I'll see how they feel after that! lol

They did my Kwiat eternity and my Ering with bars, and sized the spacer. I picked them up last night. I wasn't in a big hurry as long as I had them back by this weekend so I could travel for Thanksgiving with them.

And on my hand:

Ame, love your resized rings. Hope you are happy with them.

Girl, you are doing the right thing. If you losing inches but no change in weight, you're just gaining muscle and losing fat. Good job!! Keep going!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect sizing solution - for now!!! They look great!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look great! Congratulations on your weight loss!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Major kudos for losing so much weight ::) . And thank you so much for posting this with the photos! I have the big knuckle, small finger phenomenon and beads and bars have been suggested to me but I always thought they'd look and feel terrible. But I can see in your photos that they look sleek and minimal and actually comfortable! Gives me hope ;)) .

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well done on losing all the weight- it really is the hardest thing to do! Your rings are beautiful on your hand, those bars look really comfortable. I have a ring with a couple of sizing beads and they do dig in a wee bit....

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
+1 to all the comments re: weight loss vs inch loss!

Muscle weighs more than fat so one naturally gets more 'dense' as one builds muscle - IMHO one should focus more on % body fat than actual overall weight, so if the latter is staying the same but the former is dropping, you are doing everything right :))

IMHO overall fitness and body condition/make up matters more than a number on a set of scales, so be proud and keep up the good work!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
LLJsmom|1479497238|4100300 said:
ame|1479488512|4100240 said:

And on my hand:

Ame, love your resized rings. Hope you are happy with them.

Girl, you are doing the right thing. If you losing inches but no change in weight, you're just gaining muscle and losing fat. Good job!! Keep going!

MissGotRocks|1479512515|4100409 said:
Perfect sizing solution - for now!!! They look great!

luv2sparkle|1479512943|4100414 said:
They look great! Congratulations on your weight loss!

JDDN|1479513050|4100415 said:
Major kudos for losing so much weight ::) . And thank you so much for posting this with the photos! I have the big knuckle, small finger phenomenon and beads and bars have been suggested to me but I always thought they'd look and feel terrible. But I can see in your photos that they look sleek and minimal and actually comfortable! Gives me hope ;)) .
They very much are, though I've never had an issue with beads in the past because I also have big knuckles and small fingers. I've had beads in most of my rings in the past and I normally never feel them but they're not usually round, they're like cushion shaped pads.

Snowdrop13|1479542578|4100486 said:
Well done on losing all the weight- it really is the hardest thing to do! Your rings are beautiful on your hand, those bars look really comfortable. I have a ring with a couple of sizing beads and they do dig in a wee bit....
So, I've never had issues with most sizing beads, but these are definitely the most comfortable option so far.

OoohShiny|1479563114|4100524 said:
+1 to all the comments re: weight loss vs inch loss!

Muscle weighs more than fat so one naturally gets more 'dense' as one builds muscle - IMHO one should focus more on % body fat than actual overall weight, so if the latter is staying the same but the former is dropping, you are doing everything right :))

IMHO overall fitness and body condition/make up matters more than a number on a set of scales, so be proud and keep up the good work!

Thanks everyone!!! I may have them make the pad on the E-ring a bit taller, since it is spinning a bit still. I am giving it a week with both colder temps here and then where my inlaws live it will be 60-70s range all week so I'll see what I think there. If it is still a bit loose while I am there, I will have them bump it up. I also might have them stretch the plain band a tiny hair.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results