shape
carat
color
clarity

The Good News Thread

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Incredible! How rewarding! Big congratulations to you and your daughter!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s brilliant reader! Woohoo!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww, this is wonderful, this guy is 82 years old and going strong as a personal trainer, cheers to this guys health and being an inspiration!!!
1.gif

http://www.modbee.com/life/story/699334.html

Great news Reader, congrats!!!

Porridge that is great news about Waterford!!!

Bee, congrats to Ireland
36.gif

ChallyMixe

Rough_Rock
Having a good news thread makes you feel happy and relief.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven't posted in the Good News Thread in awhile but I thought I would share this good news! I went to breakfast at this restaurant called Tim's Place http://timsplaceabq.com/.. Tim and his family support the Special Olympics. Tim had a dream of having a restaurant and the dream became reality. Tim is an amazing guy and he is always happy to give out free hugs and always has a friendly welcome to customers. He has been featured in People Magazine and on the CBS news. Great job Tim for building your dream and going after it; you are an amazing young man! :appl:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey friend, just wanted to stop in and see your beaming little sun. ;)) Good to "see" you, and nice hearing about Tim's restaurant. It's a good thing.

I guess my really good news would be, I finally bought the last decorative item for my newly designed livingroom a few days ago. It is done. It only took a year. :appl: :lol:

Hope those adorable boys and you and hubby are doing well.

Take care u!

CoreyMax

Rough_Rock
Awesome.... really I am going to share with my friends on facebook

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
I just got accepted into the Masters Marketing program at University of Denver today :bigsmile:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
random_thought|1446664168|3945689 said:
I just got accepted into the Masters Marketing program at University of Denver today :bigsmile:

Now this really is good news!!! Congratulations RT, I'm happy for you! :appl: :dance: :appl: :dance: :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1446673223|3945769 said:
random_thought|1446664168|3945689 said:

Now this really is good news!!! Congratulations RT, I'm happy for you! :appl: :dance: :appl: :dance: :appl:

Congratulations!!! Way to go RT. That is fantastic! :appl: :appl: :appl:

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! I aim to steal my boss's job hehehhe :Up_to_something:

Paill1990

Rough_Rock
I would also like to share some happy news! I am going to lose quite a lot of weight. I am planning to undergo a liposuction procedure ( http://www.cosmedical.ca/procedures/body/liposuction-toronto/?a=3 ) in Toronto next week. Will post my before and after pics after the surgery. I am currently weighing 210 lbs and I am only 5”5 feet tall. I am really happy that I won’t be obese anymore.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just got an email from Rio Grande - the scrap metal I sent in a week or two ago will fetch me a check over $650.00 - yay!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My son graduated from University with his Bachelors. WE are ALL thrilled! :praise: :)) :bigsmile: :appl:

cheers--Sharon

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some good news to add to this thread: My husband has been offered an amazing job in the UAE starting later this year. This came as a complete surprise (he was headhunted) at a time when we were both really struggling and wanting to get out of the military life. We were at a crossroad of deciding where to go & what to do with our lives and this opportunity suddenly appeared out of nowhere! We are both extremely excited to live in a foreign country and surround ourselves in a new culture. :D

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy|1226537571|97244 said:
It would be nice to hear about the *Positive News* happening Around the World or just good news you would like to share about yourself!!!
Please share away
3.gif

I just can't wait to share with anyone who would like to read this that my son is getting engaged tomorrow evening!!!! he is a computer programmer in Austin TX. He and his girlfriend have been together a long time and we are so happy for them. I gave him my GOG AVC 1.33 K stone, while my son is 28 he took the LONG road to getting his degree in Comp Sci and math and didn't start working till end of 2014, has a car loan, she has LOANS for college so there isn't much money, so I gave him the stone.. I flew to Austin and was there while he picked out the setting (as was his g/f's mom!).. her pinterest shows art deco/edwardian rings with engraving etc, so my son looked at these and off the 3 of us went (he had looked at them before but we looked at them before we went to the jewelery store, Benold's in Austin, GREAT place).. so he looks at many settings and what does he pick? he picks a swirl setting, so I said to him "Son, I didn't see anything like this on her pinterest" so he said "it's sort of like an infinity ring she loves!" so I said do you like it? he said I LOVE IT!! so I said pay to get engraving on it and so they did and beading too! it's lovely lovely lovely.. he's so happpppy! when I get pix of her hand I will post one here! thank you for reading! I AM GOING TO BE A MOTHER IN LAW!!! whoo hoo!

:dance: :dance: :bigsmile: =) :dance: :dance:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1467493266|4050886 said:
Skippy|1226537571|97244 said:
It would be nice to hear about the *Positive News* happening Around the World or just good news you would like to share about yourself!!!
Please share away
3.gif

I just can't wait to share with anyone who would like to read this that my son is getting engaged tomorrow evening!!!! he is a computer programmer in Austin TX. He and his girlfriend have been together a long time and we are so happy for them. I gave him my GOG AVC 1.33 K stone, while my son is 28 he took the LONG road to getting his degree in Comp Sci and math and didn't start working till end of 2014, has a car loan, she has LOANS for college so there isn't much money, so I gave him the stone.. I flew to Austin and was there while he picked out the setting (as was his g/f's mom!).. her pinterest shows art deco/edwardian rings with engraving etc, so my son looked at these and off the 3 of us went (he had looked at them before but we looked at them before we went to the jewelery store, Benold's in Austin, GREAT place).. so he looks at many settings and what does he pick? he picks a swirl setting, so I said to him "Son, I didn't see anything like this on her pinterest" so he said "it's sort of like an infinity ring she loves!" so I said do you like it? he said I LOVE IT!! so I said pay to get engraving on it and so they did and beading too! it's lovely lovely lovely.. he's so happpppy! when I get pix of her hand I will post one here! thank you for reading! I AM GOING TO BE A MOTHER IN LAW!!! whoo hoo!

:dance: :dance: :bigsmile: =) :dance: :dance:

Congratulations to you and your son! You are so very generous to give up your AVC! Sounds like you like the future daughter in law and
are looking forward to being a MIL. I'll tell you, that title scares me!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty thank you so very much!!! I am excited and I am happy for my son - the stone meant a lot to me, but he means waaay more. He's got debt debt and he would have gotten in way more debt because he loves her.. so now he's got another small debt for the setting. Again I so very much appreciate your taking the time to write, it made my day!!!

peace!

Kate

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1469021612|4057531 said:
tyty thank you so very much!!! I am excited and I am happy for my son - the stone meant a lot to me, but he means waaay more. He's got debt debt and he would have gotten in way more debt because he loves her.. so now he's got another small debt for the setting. Again I so very much appreciate your taking the time to write, it made my day!!!

peace!

Kate

My son has a GF and not that they will be getting married anytime soon (or maybe never) but here is my dilemma. My oldest
son is from my first marriage so I think he should get the diamond/engagement ring from my first husband. Only problem is, is
that the stone is not very nice. Not crushed ice but, it has lots going on in it. Probably about a K color and not cut well either.
I really dont want his future wife to end up with it. I would prefer he give it to her in a pendant as a wedding gift. It would be fine
for a pendant but not for an engagement ring. So, do I not tell my son that it is his?

I think my plan is not to say anything until the time comes and see what he can or cant afford. Sure wish I had a spare AVC in
my jewelry box but then I would probably need two because I have two sons! That would start getting really expensive really quick!

Dakota

Rough_Rock
Well, my good news is that I'm due for a pay raise in a few weeks. It will be 2.00 an hour more than what I'm making now and more job stability. :appl: Yay me and happy holidays.

Luxxy

Rough_Rock
My good news for the day is that I have finally finished planning for my daughter's 6th birthday party and now everything is in place for the big day in two weeks time. I know she is going to love it and it's going to be such a wonderful day for all of us.

Joel21

Rough_Rock
I just got an unexpected windfall. I've been worrying about how I'm going to afford the ring that I wanted to get for my girlfriend and now it's possible to get it because of some unexpected money that just came to me. I'm so grateful.

siv1

Shiny_Rock
I just received 2 wonderful announcements yesterday, 11/7.

My son and DIL sold their house after being on the market for 6 months for more than list price yesterday.
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
They are now frantically searching for a new house since they have to be out in mid January.

And, the best news of all.

><b>MY FOSTER GRANDDAUGHTERS ARE FINALLY FREE TO BE ADOPTED</b> :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

shirley

Rough_Rock
Hey, I have a great news to share, My sister gave birth to a cute baby girl yesterday. And by God's grace, both the baby and mom are doing fine.

siv1

Shiny_Rock
Good news for the Day. WE HAVE A NEW PRESIDENT!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS PRESIDENT TRUMP. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So thankful for all the women protesting yesterday!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So thankful for all the women protesting yesterday!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1485113485|4118124 said:

Love all the nasty women standing up for their rights!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results