shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I the only liberal who feels like just giving the F up?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Am I the only liberal who feels like just giving the F u

lovedogs|1479181712|4098648 said:
redwood66|1479181457|4098645 said:
It was not nice of me to say it. I am in a rare mood today and reacted poorly.

And this is why I can always respect you, Red, even though we don't agree on politics. You are a good person, and someone who has helped me understand more conservative views than are shared by my circle of friends and family. :wavey:

Thank you. I respect many posters here and have enjoyed the relations for the most part.

:wavey:

With that said, I am up to my eyeballs with nasty comments toward other PSers who have a different opinion. Calling people stupid for their vote or for how they live or raise their children or any other thing they do not agree with is uncalled for. I try very hard to keep my opinions generalized toward a politician, an idea, an outside group and not to disparage a PSer for their choice. Though I may fail at times. But I am done being a punching bag for someone else.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

ruby59|1479173998|4098564 said:
Even educated people can be sexist or racist.

And hypocritical as H*ll.

Only racists did not like Michelle, but of course Melania is totally unworthy.

Who said Melania is totally unworthy? And of what? She's going to be First Lady. The only qualification for that is being married to the president and she meets that qualification so she is worthy of the title. Ruby, I think you'd feel much better if you just got over Melania's nudity thing. You are bringing it up in a thread that has nothing to do with it. It happened, the past cannot be erased, and in this day and age it's really not a big deal.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Maria D|1479181511|4098646 said:
Calliecake|1479171377|4098544 said:
If anyone has any ideas on what to do other than donating money (that's easy) to get us the hell out of this mess, please post them here. I need to do something to at least make me feel like I'm doing something positive. Trump appointing Barron shows he has no intention of uniting the country.

I also have no idea why more women aren't voicing their concerns. I'm Pro Choice and am scared to death how Trump will affect the young woman of today.

A congressional staff member named Emily Ellsworth outlines how to make your voice heard by congress. Unfortunately, she does it in a series of tweets - but it is good information!

http://www.attn.com/stories/12768/former-congressional-staffer-explains-how-to-make-congressman-listen

We are a group of thoughtful people who write well. In addition to stating your thoughts here, please let your representatives know exactly how you feel! (Although Emily does say it is better to call, so if you have time for that go for it!)

I am not giving up on my country and I hope others won't either.

Thank you so much Maria. I will definitely make the call! I'm also not giving up on our country. I just wish we could all find away to work and live together peacefully. I can't ever remember our country being this divided, at least in my life time.

wetsawblade

Rough_Rock

katharath|1479175121|4098577 said:
I'm not honestly sure how people who *aren't* liberals, and who *aren't* upset about this election, are qualified to answer Kenny's question...but since our country has shown that we don't really care about qualifications anymore, I guess I'll just go with it!

The support in this thread for people who are clearly hurting is a really beautiful thing to see. :appl:

Of course we can all post wherever we want to over here. But to those of you who stayed out of this one just to give some of us a place to vent and not be provoked - or perhaps because you knew this question may not have been directed at you - for whatever reason, you have my sincere thanks. Of course your lack of participation means that I don't know who you are, but I want to believe that some of you ARE out there, so thank you regardless.
I'm one of the liberal people and admire the inclusiveness of your post. Well said!

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Maria D|1479182152|4098655 said:
ruby59|1479173998|4098564 said:
Even educated people can be sexist or racist.

And hypocritical as H*ll.

Only racists did not like Michelle, but of course Melania is totally unworthy.

Who said Melania is totally unworthy? And of what? She's going to be First Lady. The only qualification for that is being married to the president and she meets that qualification so she is worthy of the title. Ruby, I think you'd feel much better if you just got over Melania's nudity thing. You are bringing it up in a thread that has nothing to do with it. It happened, the past cannot be erased, and in this day and age it's really not a big deal.

Get over Melania's nudity? I think you need to go back.

Maybe my posting style is a bit confusing but that is how it is done on another website, so I am used to it.

I was having a discussion with AGBF on another thread of why she felt Melania could not fill Michelle's shoes.

Housecat posted a sarcastic post about Melania's girl on girl sex.

And posters here assumed that I was jumping on it. I never even saw it the first time around. But for some reason 2 posters jumped on me thinking I was jumping on it.

Again I was responding to AGBF about her so called low opinion of Melania. I could not care less about what Melania did in the past.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66|1479182072|4098652 said:

And this is why I can always respect you,Red, even though we don't agree on politics. You are a good person, and someone who has helped me understand more conservative views than are shared by my circle of friends and family. :wavey:

Thank you. I respect many posters here and have enjoyed the relations for the most part.

With that said, I am up to my eyeballs with nasty comments toward other PSers who have a different opinion. Calling people stupid for their vote or for how they live or raise their children or any other thing they do not agree with is uncalled for. I try very hard to keep my opinions generalized toward a politician, an idea, an outside group and not to disparage a PSer for their choice. Though I may fail at times. But I am done being a punching bag for someone else.

You are right, Red. People are really upset (IMHO for good reason), but calling people stupid is a low blow. I've lost my cool this week because I am extremely worried for women's rights (which directly affects me), but also because I'm worried for the rights of others who aren't "like me" in terms of background, ethnicity, etc. I've been having a genuinely hard time understanding Trump supporters (and/or people who equate Hillary and Trump in terms of awfulness), and have become angry at them on more occasions than I'd like.

I admit to thinking that "all his supporters are racist/sexist/xenophobic" or "all his supporters must be idiots for voting for him". But thanks to some people on PS (and other articles I've seen shared) I do understand that some voters have priorities that didn't align with HRC, and felt as though T was an important "change" from the norm. I really do get that. But I also have to admit that for me, the things that T has said and done are so personally offensive and hurtful that I honestly cannot imagine anything of a higher priority. In my mind, what could possibly be more important than stopping someone who has said the things he has? That's where I get stuck, and that's where I am now. But I'm honestly trying to move towards understanding the concerns of people who feel that way. I really appreciate people who have tried to explain their POV (I'm forgetting who exactly it was, but someone outlined their concerns in terms of voting in a way that 100% made sense to me, even though they aren't my priorities). Anyway, sorry for the rant. I just wanted to say that you aren't anyone's punching bag, Red, and you shouldn't ever fill that role.

ETA: It was Smitcompton who explained issues in numerical order, which helped me. Also AnnaH discussed her pro-life stance (which, although I vehemently disagree), I can respect that there are people who are truly pro-life (e.g. against both abortion + death penalty).

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock

And this is why I can always respect you, Red, even though we don't agree on politics. You are a good person, and someone who has helped me understand more conservative views than are shared by my circle of friends and family. :wavey:

Passions are running high.

You are coming off as you have much more disdain for strangers' nasty comments on a message board than the future president's nasty comments. Whose comments will be in history books? Whose comments have and will affect U.S people? Whose comments have hurt many people for their religion or nationality?

Of course one can be upset about more than one thing at a time and with varying levels. I just don't see how you are bothered by comments of people who you don't know, will never meet, has no impact long-term on you but continually brush aside serious comments by DJT.

You can have your opinion. I can be baffled by it. You can question my opinions. This is what makes America great. Or perhaps not, if we are no longer great.

ETA: Attacks are not ok. Not in real life or on the internet. I don't believe I have name-called or otherwise attacked you or anyone. If so, I apologize.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock

LD, I hadn't planned on participating in this thread but found the safe space comment funny. Didn't realize that it would be considered hurtful.
Compared to the awful names I and others have been called here, it just seems like a little joke to me.

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock

AnnaH|1479183243|4098667 said:
LD, I hadn't planned on participating in this thread but found the safe space comment funny. Didn't realize that it would be considered hurtful.
Compared to the awful names I and others have been called here, it just seems like a little joke to me.
What names have people been called here? I do not recall posters being singled out and called a name. This is surprising.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

sstephensid|1479183514|4098669 said:
What names have people been called here? I do not recall posters being singled out and called a name. This is surprising.

I was referred to as troll - ish and should be ignored.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock

LD, thanks for your comment about my prolife stance. First time that's ever happened here. I really appreciate that.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock

sstephensid|1479183514|4098669 said:

Are you serious? I'm not sure I can tell anymore.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Every conservative on PS is a punching bag... :bigsmile:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My husband and I have been moving money out of construction and real estate, as interest rates go up. The only thing you can do is wait, and think of this? do you want Pence?? Keep the puppet and hope the madness goes away in 4 years. Don't give up. My mother was Irish and while she had her problems, she was always good with sayings, here's one she would say now: There's always light at the end of tunnel.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake|1479179111|4098624 said:
AGBF|1479173270|4098555 said:
If anyone has any ideas on what to do other than donating money (that's easy) to get us the hell out of this mess, please post them here. I need to do something to at least make me feel like I'm doing something positive. Trump appointing Barron shows he has no intention of uniting the country.

I also have no idea why more women aren't voicing their concerns. I'm Pro Choice and am scared to death how Trump will affect the young woman of today.

My opinion is that they do not have a clue what life could be like in in a United States with abortion illegal in all states for all reasons, the United States in which I grew up. It is totally unfathomable to them. Like a world without television or cell phones.

AGBF

Thank you Deb. I suppose you are correct as I was in high school when abortion was legalized. I sincerely hope Roe vs Wade does not get overturned. Just listening to Trump say that it would be up to individual states and just knowing that in some states abortion would not be legal scared the hell out of me.

It is a travesty that in this country we don't have the ERA in place. I agree with Deb in that many young people just don't understand the importance of this and thought perhaps equal rights were always going to be ours and now I am more worried than ever. Where is our safety net? Leave it up to the states? Heck NO. This is a HUGE wake up call. I just hope enough people care about this and are willing to do what it takes to not let what rights we do have get overturned. I for one am NEVER giving up. NEVER.

iLander

Ideal_Rock

Don't give up, get going! :wavey: :wavey:

Depression is anger turned inward. Turn it outward, where it belongs. Use it to motivate yourself and your friends. Because believe me, it can get waaaaaay worse in 2018.

From my topic a couple of days ago: If you're Serious about Trump, and actually want to shorten this misery to 2 years not 4 or possible (shudder) 8, then we need to take back the Senate and House.

Or the Republicans will have an unstoppable super majority. :shock:

Here's the map showing the Senate seats we need to do take back. To "make our country ours again".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_elections,_2018

People tend to vote a LOT less in off-year elections, so your vote will "weigh" more. Add that to your friends, relatives, co-workers, FB friends, and neighbors, imagine how much weight we can throw around.

Unless you just want to stand idly by . . .

Even if you want to "wait and see", "see how it goes", etc., remember laws affecting your (reproductive or gay or women's or just plain human) rights are usually Made and Written by the legislative branch. THESE guys are the ones to worry about. Their check and balance is gone.

I'm on it. How about you? Don't get mad, or sad, or whatever. Get even. :cry:

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock

iLander|1479218996|4098767 said:
Don't give up, get going! :wavey: :wavey:

Depression is anger turned inward. Turn it outward, where it belongs. Use it to motivate yourself and your friends. Because believe me, it can get waaaaaay worse in 2018.

From my topic a couple of days ago: If you're Serious about Trump, and actually want to shorten this misery to 2 years not 4 or possible (shudder) 8, then we need to take back the Senate and House.

Or the Republicans will have an unstoppable super majority. :shock:

Here's the map showing the Senate seats we need to do take back. To "make our country ours again".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_elections,_2018

People tend to vote a LOT less in off-year elections, so your vote will "weigh" more. Add that to your friends, relatives, co-workers, FB friends, and neighbors, imagine how much weight we can throw around.

Unless you just want to stand idly by . . .

Even if you want to "wait and see", "see how it goes", etc., remember laws affecting your (reproductive or gay or women's or just plain human) rights are usually Made and Written by the legislative branch. THESE guys are the ones to worry about. Their check and balance is gone.

I'm on it. How about you? Don't get mad, or sad, or whatever. Get even. :cry:

+1

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Why are liberals supposedly the 'tolerant' bunch, yet this is the sort of stuff they're spewing after Trump won? Calling for assassination, violent protests, death to all Trump supporters, and on and on.

charles-walz-insanity-.jpg

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Laila, do Trump supporters who scream that Hillary is a cVnt, scream to kill Muslims, cheer for the KKK, do they represent YOUR party? If they don't, then you should know better.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Laila619|1479227702|4098829 said:
Why are liberals supposedly the 'tolerant' bunch, yet this is the sort of stuff they're spewing after Trump won? Calling for assassination, violent protests, death to all Trump supporters, and on and on.

This is absolutely unacceptable on every level no matter how you choose to label yourself (liberal, conservative, or anything else).

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

liaerfbv|1479171547|4098547 said:
telephone89|1479166695|4098509 said:
Just posting as a liberal in general - you are not alone.

Fighting against racism, sexism, anti LGBTQs is exhausting. It is hard. It is very much like this emoji most days. :wall:

What I think is worse, is being one of those marginalized groups, and having to deal with it daily.

Thank you for that perspective. I take for granted that I am a cisgender white woman in America and I am lucky to have the privilege to take a mental health break from the -isms.

Tomorrow I stop hiding from the news and pick myself and the fight up.
Hugs to you! It's fine to take a break every now and then. Just come back to us when you're ready!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This guy is obviously bat shit.

People who disagreed with him posted his home address, his work address, any phone number they could find connected to him. I'm sure he got a few visits and nasty phone calls in response. That's pretty terrifying as well. But yeah, the fbi or homeland needs to give him a little visit and make sure he's not ready to act on that shit.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Am I now supposed to defend myself every time a a psychotic or a troll posts something insane on the internet, just because it is against Trump? When I used to visit state hospitals many of the people there claimed to be Jesus. Sometimes mentally ill people grab onto big names.

Deb :read:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

telephone89|1479228811|4098840 said:
This guy is obviously bat shit.

People who disagreed with him posted his home address, his work address, any phone number they could find connected to him. I'm sure he got a few visits and nasty phone calls in response. That's pretty terrifying as well. But yeah, the fbi or homeland needs to give him a little visit and make sure he's not ready to act on that shit.

Of course The Secret Service should, and will, follow up. I just think it's ludicrous for "liberals" to be held accountable for every psychotic or trolling post on the 'net. As if we can control mental illness or other craziness! The poster may not even be a liberal.

AGBF

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF|1479229810|4098849 said:
Of course The Secret Service should, and will, follow up. I just think it's ludicrous for "liberals" to be held accountable for every psychotic or trolling post on the 'net. As if we can control mental illness or other craziness! The poster may not even be a liberal.

AGBF
You are, of course, 100% correct. If 'they' (trumpers) aren't responsible for their crazies, why should anyone else be?

Yet another 'pivot' in a thread that has nothing to do with this.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

telephone89|1479230448|4098858 said:
AGBF|1479229810|4098849 said:

AGBF
You are, of course, 100% correct. If 'they' (trumpers) aren't responsible for their crazies, why should anyone else be?

Yet another 'pivot' in a thread that has nothing to do with this.

Yup! If "liberals" are responsible for every mentally ill person that dislikes Trump, then the "conservatives" are responsible for every mentally ill person who thinks that Obama is satanic, etc.

Strawberry129

Rough_Rock

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2016/11/14/trump-win-fuels-donations-iud-demand-at-planned-parenthood.html

On the bright side, it's nice to know that many people are donating to Planned Parenthood because they value choice. Also, there's been more appointments for IUD because well..Trump is in office so many young women are taking it into consideration.

Either way, I would highly advocate young women to take measures to protect themselves.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

wetsawblade|1479181421|4098641 said:
kenny|1479163734|4098481 said:
I just don't have the energy to post/argue/battle much.

That 47% of US voters chose Trump after all he's said and done means there truly may be no hope for America.

The only light at the end of the tunnel that I see is Trump will, of course, fail to "Make America Great Again".
He just said all that shit to con gullible low-IQ people so he could get the ultimate ego-power-job.
It worked.

But in 4 years what the F will be left of America ... yea the world?

I don't think I'm being Debbie Downer.
I think I'm being accurate.

It's just all so depressing.

I'm someone who's been a lurker for years, registered a long time, but almost never posts because I reject a large internet presence for many personal reasons. But before this thread is locked, please accept my sincere thanks for your many forum contributions: thoughtful, thought-provoking, intelligent, heartfelt, beautiful, inspirational, and very humorous. You're a treasure to this site and America. I won't give up because of people like you: thanks again.

Gosh.
Thanks. :wavey:

You really should post more. ;-)

screen_shot_2016-11-15_at_9.png

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Kenny:

I'm sorry that your OP, which was (to my understanding) expressing your feelings and asking if anyone shared them - has devolved into this.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

katharath|1479235432|4098880 said:
Kenny:

I'm sorry that your OP, which was (to my understanding) expressing your feelings and asking if anyone shared them - has devolved into this.

No problem.

Frankly I'm fine with wherever threads go ... whether I started them or not.
I like when people get things off their chests.

But thanks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results