color
clarity

Democrats are sore losers....

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1478869954|4096895 said:
AnnaH|1478843190|4096821 said:
Chrono|1478840338|4096804 said:
I cannot believe that there's a news report of students in a town 30 minutes away from where I live, are holding up Trump signs, chanting "White Power", and bullying other non-white students.

Is that a high school?
Surely the little punks will be expelled.

No, it is a local college. These students are the future of America! As of now, I haven't of any action taken against them nor any plans to do so by the college.

Chrono, very upsetting, but not representative of today's youth, which I'm sure is not what you are saying.
Dont know the details, but the little craps will likely face some sort of consequence.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AnnaH|1478872693|4096915 said:
Chrono, very upsetting, but not representative of today's youth, which I'm sure is not what you are saying. Dont know the details, but the little craps will likely face some sort of consequence.

I am sure it isn't but I do wonder if Trump's racist remarks during the election made them feel that they have the right to treat non-whites as such since obviously the majority voted him as the President. I am unable to express myself clearly as I cannot seem to find the right words to accurately describe my thoughts.

I did more searching into the news online and would like to correct that it IS a high school, not a college as I wrote earlier. They supposedly ran down the the hallways chanting white power, and calling the minorities Mexicans, and saying how they are going to get hung like their ancestors. I do agree that Trump didn't teach them this. It probably started at home but his presidency made them feel empowered.

So much hate. :(

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono, imo expulsion is the correct action. This is not 1950, and never will be again, is my confident belief. We will continue to make progress.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1478873273|4096919 said:
AnnaH|1478872693|4096915 said:
Chrono, very upsetting, but not representative of today's youth, which I'm sure is not what you are saying. Dont know the details, but the little craps will likely face some sort of consequence.

I am sure it isn't but I do wonder if Trump's racist remarks during the election made them feel that they have the right to treat non-whites as such since obviously the majority voted him as the President. I am unable to express myself clearly as I cannot seem to find the right words to accurately describe my thoughts.

I did more searching into the news online and would like to correct that it IS a high school, not a college as I wrote earlier. They supposedly ran down the the hallways chanting white power, and calling the minorities Mexicans, and saying how they are going to get hung like their ancestors. I do agree that Trump didn't teach them this. It probably started at home but his presidency made them feel empowered.

So much hate. :(

It's sad & inexcusable that anyone would behave toward another person that way - period!

But this behavior is NOT attributable to just their parents and DJT. If anyone wants to lay blame with 'leaders', keep in mind that Pres. Obama, HRC, Eric Holder, and Loretta Lynch didn't demonstrate much 'leadership' when BLM & co. riots were calling LEOs all sorts of ethic & offensive slurs; waving "Kill Whitey" signs, and destroying their own communities. That behavior was condoned by their refusal to strongly condemn & curtail it; it was excused by them and a few on here as "free speech", which set a dangerous example that I noted on more than one occasion.

Individuals are ultimately accountable for their behavior, but if you (collectively, not 'you' Chrono) are going to look for influential causes, don't turn a blind eye to those within your own party as well.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You want sour grapes? How about these:

John Boenher, October 2010: “We're going to do everything — and I mean everything we can do — to kill it, stop it, slow it down, whatever we can.”

Mitch McConnell, October 2010: “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”

Rep. Senator Jerry Lewis: ‘We can’t play.’ What they said right from the get-go was, It doesn’t matter what the hell you do, we ain’t going to help you. We’re going to stand on the sidelines and bitch.' (the conversation as recalled by the Chair of the House Appropriations Committee)

Remember, our economy was in tatters and in danger of implosion at this time.

John McCain, October 2016, asked whether Trump would be better on issues like Supreme Court nominees: "Uh, first of all, I don't know, because I hear him saying a lot of different things."

John McCain, October 2016, on potential Clinton Supreme Court nominees: "I promise you that we will be united against any Supreme Court nominee that Hillary Clinton, if she were president, would put up," McCain said. "I promise you.

Republican Senator Richard Burr, October 2016: "If Hillary becomes president, I am going to do everything I can do to make sure four years from now, we still got an opening on the Supreme Court."

Over half of those who voted for one of the two major candidates cast their vote for Hillary Clinton. It's only natural that they're not happy about the results of the vote. Some of those people are taking a wait-and-see attitude towards the new prezident and hope that whatever policies he finally lands on will be palatable.

Others are more in line with the stance the Republican leadership took towards President Obama before he took office. If those are sour grapes, they have a whole bunch of historical precedent.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of this after Obama told Republicans they were going to the back of the bus and gloated "I won". This is why I can't stand any of them and am hoping for the best.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1478826077|4096663 said:
The American people have spoken on Tuesday...Let it be! Stop crying! and hope for the best for our country.

Yeah, this isn't a football game. :roll: :roll: :roll: I'll leave you with this.

14963262_1263180943732291_6728304326895749210_n.png

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1478827538|4096676 said:
They did speak: Clinton won the popular vote (by 200,00 votes).
It shouldn't even be this close.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
redwood66 said:
All of this after Obama told Republicans they were going to the back of the bus and gloated "I won". This is why I can't stand any of them and am hoping for the best.

I don't want to say too much about what I do, but I was there and this is--factually--not true. What Obama did was use a slightly rambling metaphor (it wasn't one of his better bits, but got a laugh) about the republicans having driven the car into the ditch and the dems driving it out, the republicans not being given back the keys and needing to sit in the back seat. He trotted out some version of this speech numerous times and on none of those occasions did he say what you've stated as apparent fact above. His quote was subsequently distorted by Senator John Cornyn and Fox News.

You may all go back to your regularly scheduled programming, but I just wanted to weigh in on this as 'fact' has all too often been a victim of the past few election cycles.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jaaron|1478960239|4097403 said:
redwood66 said:

I don't want to say too much about what I do, but I was there and this is--factually--not true. What Obama did was use a slightly rambling metaphor (it wasn't one of his better bits, but got a laugh) about the republicans having driven the car into the ditch and the dems driving it out, the republicans not being given back the keys and needing to sit in the back seat. He trotted out some version of this speech numerous times and on none of those occasions did he say what you've stated as apparent fact above. His quote was subsequently distorted by Senator John Cornyn and Fox News.

You may all go back to your regularly scheduled programming, but I just wanted to weigh in on this as 'fact' has all too often been a victim of the past few election cycles.

Thank you. Now the dems can sit in the back.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
redwood66 said:
redwood66 said:

Yes, well they will have to. And your charming graciousness in victory is noted. As is your equally charming humility at having perpetrated a demonstrable falsehood.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jaaron|1478962151|4097417 said:
redwood66 said:
redwood66 said:

Yes, well they will have to. And your charming graciousness in victory is noted. As is your equally charming humility at having perpetrated a demonstrable falsehood.

Touche. :wavey:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1478893866|4097121 said:
azstonie|1478827538|4096676 said:
They did speak: Clinton won the popular vote (by 200,00 votes).
It shouldn't even be this close.
Which is really only ~2 individual votes per precinct. So maybe there would be a recount if we used popular vote. Imagine the problems with that! :wall:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wanted to add...I think the popular vote was in favor of HRC to the tune of 400k. That's 2 people per precinct.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results