clarity

NYT live election forecast

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
upgradingmama|1478670172|4095692 said:
Yssie|1478669886|4095690 said:
redwood66|1478669085|4095681 said:
I guess the coming together won't start here on PS. Stay nasty if that is what you are. :wavey:

I don't think it will, red :(sad

There are ideologies I honestly just don't understand, so fundamentally that I wouldn't know where to start. The amount of racism, sexism, genuine hatred that have been central to everything surrounding Trump and his campaign from the beginning is just too much for me to want to stomach or condone. And whilst it would probably behoove me to vote conservatively from a fiscal perspective... I have never been able to look past a social ticket.

Agree completely. I imagine most of us on a diamond forum could be financially better off with Trump... but as a registered republican I could not fathom having a narcissistic unqualified bigoted jerk running this country. Hold on for a scary ride... what on earth do I tell my kids in the morning?

Just this. I am dreading 6:30 when I wake my kids and they ask who won. No one won. We all lost. Of course, that's not what I'll tell them. Not sure how to spin this for a 10 and 11 year old. I am not saying that I loved HRC, but compared to Trump, she had my vote. I am frightened and heartbroken for our country. I don't see Trump being a unifying voice in our country and throughout the world. Have I mentioned that I am terrified??

Venti25

Shiny_Rock
arkieb1|1478676820|4095729 said:
Dancing Fire|1478676270|4095726 said:
Millions and millions of americans are tired of being unemployed.

So a corrupt lying misogynistic cheat who underpays Mexican and other workers that has gone bankrupt on numerous projects, and shafted people and lied about it, and has no experience in politics but is an obviously great reality TV star is going to save you all? Is going to somehow create employment by giving tax concessions to big businesses and to the rich? Was probably the guy that paid off the FBI to release the whole Hillary email thing even though they had to admit they have nothing they can release to the general public on her......

The rest of the world doesn't know if we should be laughing at you or crying with you.

Devastated.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Venti25|1478693265|4095748 said:

So a corrupt lying misogynistic cheat who underpays Mexican and other workers that has gone bankrupt on numerous projects, and shafted people and lied about it, and has no experience in politics but is an obviously great reality TV star is going to save you all? Is going to somehow create employment by giving tax concessions to big businesses and to the rich? Was probably the guy that paid off the FBI to release the whole Hillary email thing even though they had to admit they have nothing they can release to the general public on her......

The rest of the world doesn't know if we should be laughing at you or crying with you.

Devastated.

Wow arkieb, really? This is a surreal and unbelievable election result and scary beyond belief. I guess it is too much to ask for others to care and worry with us. Laugh at us? All I know is I would never laugh at someone in deep trouble but I guess as Kenny says. We all vary. :cry:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. Just wow. I guess I realized I was putting my head in the sand. Everytime on the internet when i saw anonymous responses to any news vilifying Obama, the responses to Hillary, that were just plain irrational and hate-filled, I turned away. I saw the news of the signs impeach the bitch, calling her a demon. I saw the news of having her in a bullseye. The teeshirts that said journalist, rope, tree, some assembly required, and I could not process it. I did not want to get filled with that poison. I was so proud of our President, when there was a Trump supporter at a rally and rather than encourating mob behavior, and he said no, we believe in the right to free speech, and we should respect that; it looks like he served in the military, respect that, and he is elderly and we respect our elders. I realize that the US is going into decline. Obama has high approval ratings. He was a good president, and good role model. In turn the senate and house have some of the lowest approval ratings due to the do-nothing obstructionist Republican held congress. I would never think that the voting public would reject the logical successor to Obama and vote more of the same for the house and senate. It makes me realize I do not understand people. People do not act rationally, but on emotion. It is reminiscent of what happened in Cambodia when the intellectuals were hunted. And I really wished I pulled my money out of the stock market last week. My prediction is that stock markets will become even more volatile. There is going to be a loss of confidence in the economy. A few people will make buckets of money. The vast majority of stock holders will have an erosion on their returns. People are going to lose their jobs. Maybe even me (I'm in research). I was a buy and hold rational long term investor. This is seriously making me consider taking my money out of the stock market and paying off my house, even if it means a big penalty, because then at least me and my kids will have a place to live.

Venti25

Shiny_Rock
missy|1478693750|4095750 said:

Devastated.

Wow arkieb, really? This is a surreal and unbelievable election result and scary beyond belief. I guess it is too much to ask for others to care and worry with us. Laugh at us? All I know is I would never laugh at someone in deep trouble but I guess as Kenny says. We all vary. :cry:
if the sentiment in Australia here follows the US as it seems to be doing.. we won't be laughing for long :wall: . Frankly everyone I've spoken to here is horrified and if they laugh, it's because enough people elected a joke to the highest office in the world.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
As for the market...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-11-07/don-t-worry-when-the-stock-market-goes-crazy-after-the-election

This matters because the compulsion to act in the vote’s aftermath is often very strong -- stocks swing twice as violently as normal those days, data compiled by Bloomberg show. They plummeted 5 percent just after Barack Obama beat John McCain in 2008. But while nothing says Wednesday’s reaction won’t be a harbinger for the year, nothing says it will, either, and investors should think before doing anything rash.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen|1478696118|4095760 said:
As for the market...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-11-07/don-t-worry-when-the-stock-market-goes-crazy-after-the-election

This matters because the compulsion to act in the vote’s aftermath is often very strong -- stocks swing twice as violently as normal those days, data compiled by Bloomberg show. They plummeted 5 percent just after Barack Obama beat John McCain in 2008. But while nothing says Wednesday’s reaction won’t be a harbinger for the year, nothing says it will, either, and investors should think before doing anything rash.

Yes I agree Ellen and this is sage advice. We are holding steady re investments right now because anything else doesn't make sense for us. Time will tell and panicking won't help anything,

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Devastated.

My best friend who is an Aussie was in tears all day, most Australians are actually very sad for you, but a lot of Aussies use comic relief when we see something that is totally BullS@#* (we call it taking the piss out of something actually). That is what I meant by that comment, in fact one of our newspapers here is going to run with the front page tomorrow morning our time saying "Trump - WTF" So I think you misinterpret what I mean by laughing, it is exactly as Venti points out above by laughing it's like some weird cruel ironic joke...... As I have stated many times before many Americans don't get my sense of irony at all.

Missy hugs to you, I think the truth is I feel much the same way you do, come live in Australia for a couple of years, call it a working holiday.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1478698073|4095769 said:

Devastated.

My best friend who is an Aussie was in tears all day, most Australians are actually very sad for you, but a lot of Aussies use comic relief when we see something that is totally BullS@#* (we call it taking the piss out of something actually). That is what I meant by that comment, in fact one of our newspapers here is going to run with the front page tomorrow morning our time saying "Trump - WTF" So I think you misinterpret what I mean by laughing, it is exactly as Venti points out above by laughing it's like some weird cruel ironic joke...... As I have stated many times before many Americans don't get my sense of irony at all.

Missy hugs to you, I think the truth is I feel much the same way you do, come live in Australia for a couple of years, call it a working holiday.

Thanks arkieb and (((hugs))) to you too. I usually have a great sense of humor and love irony. I guess my terror at the outcome of this election momentarily took that away from me. I wish we could move to you. They don't want Greg or me however. We aren't on that list of desired occupations. :cry: Plus I can't leave my parents or sister and nieces. :|

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Missy :wavey: I think your whole elections have been a complete sh@*show from start to finish. The biggest losers are the American people, half of which are obviously incapable of even comprehending what they have just done.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1478696289|4095761 said:
Ellen|1478696118|4095760 said:
As for the market...

Yes I agree Ellen and this is sage advice. We are holding steady re investments right now because anything else doesn't make sense for us. Time will tell and panicking won't help anything,

yes this is true, usually. Somehow this feels different.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I'm shocked. I have a headache and an uneasy feeling in my stomach. I worry about everything all the time anyways, but this type of stuff (stuff that's completely out of my control) is what really gets to me.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The majority has voted and I hope that get exactly what they wished for. I expect, per his 100 day plan:

Announce the U.S. to renegotiate NAFTA, or withdraw from the trade deal
Announce the U.S. intention to withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership
Cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs
Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act (although I have no idea what he is replacing it with)

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
what in seven hells happened last night? I feel like barfing.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1478687514|4095743 said:
Just this. I am dreading 6:30 when I wake my kids and they ask who won. No one won. We all lost. Of course, that's not what I'll tell them. Not sure how to spin this for a 10 and 11 year old.

I wouldn't "spin" it; I would tell them the truth: America has a process whereby everyone gets a vote, and those votes determine who wins the election. And just like in sports, someone wins and someone loses; sometimes we like the outcome and sometimes we don't. But regardless of who 'wins', it doesn't change who they (your kids) are; it doesn't make them any less of a wonderful and beautiful person; it doesn't mean they cannot achieve their dreams; it doesn't mean the world is falling apart (counter to all the 'adult fear mongering' that suggests such). Kids need reassurance when they are scared; I would hope - as a parent - I wouldn't feed my kids' fear. Our country has been through FAR worse than a surprise presidential outcome, and we've overcome it. We will - as a country - 'overcome' this as well.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1478700200|4095785 said:
Just this. I am dreading 6:30 when I wake my kids and they ask who won. No one won. We all lost. Of course, that's not what I'll tell them. Not sure how to spin this for a 10 and 11 year old.

I wouldn't "spin" it; I would tell them the truth: America has a process whereby everyone gets a vote, and those votes determine who wins the election. And just like in sports, someone wins and someone loses; sometimes we like the outcome and sometimes we don't. But regardless of who 'wins', it doesn't change who they (your kids) are; it doesn't make them any less of a wonderful and beautiful person; it doesn't mean they cannot achieve their dreams; it doesn't mean the world is falling apart (counter to all the 'adult fear mongering' that suggests such). Kids need reassurance when they are scared; I would hope - as a parent - I wouldn't feed my kids' fear. Our country has been through FAR worse than a surprise presidential outcome, and we've overcome it. We will - as a country - 'overcome' this as well.

Jenn, I love you, can I share this? There's some people that need that type of hug today.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1478700721|4095788 said:
Jenn, I love you, can I share this? There's some people that need that type of hug today.

By all means! :wavey:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1478698671|4095774 said:
Thanks Missy :wavey: I think your whole elections have been a complete sh@*show from start to finish. The biggest losers are the American people, half of which are obviously incapable of even comprehending what they have just done.

I could not agree more arkieb1. That is it in a nutshell.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1478667654|4095663 said:
Yssie|1478667412|4095658 said:
Dancing Fire|1478667129|4095648 said:
Americans are sick and tired of the failed liberal policies.

Incorrect.

A subsection of Americans are sick and tired of failed policies (many of which, by the way, failed because they were neutered by congress) - and have apparently put their faith into a caricature who stands for nothing they need or want. His fiscal policies will do nothing to empower these groups... but his hatred of anything unlike him - women, minorities, basically non-white non-high-earners - apparently resonates.

Yes.

This is it exactly. Thank you Yssie for this post. Trump will also have the house and the senate behind him. Trump is dangerous.
I am so glad I don't have children. I can't imagine what I would tell a daughter or a son for that matter.

I can't believe the comments some have made here about Trump not sexually assualting woman in the past, What more do you need Trump to do, stand with his hand on a bible and swear he did it, Of course he has assualting women, We have him on tape saying so.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1478701164|4095794 said:
I can't believe the comments some have made here about Trump not sexually assualting woman in the past, What more do you need Trump to do, stand with his hand on a bible and swear he did it, Of course he has assualting women, We have him on tape saying so.

Not excusing Trumps comments or behavior, but perhaps - using your own logic - you might understand how those of us who detest HRC feel about her wrongdoings, and 'convenient' inability to recall so many of her own obviously intentional actions leading to the mass mistrust in & for her.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Yup. That's pretty much what we said. That and that there are checks and balances for a reason! :lol: However, explaining why people who cheat, lie, are accused of sexual harassment/racism/homophobia, etc. are candidates for POTUS is a challenge. They still think that our President should set a good example and I'm not sure that will happen (and wouldn't have if the election had gone the other way)...that's just hard to explain. We basically said that just like some of the kids they go to school with don't have the same values/beliefs we do, neither do elected officials.

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
JoCoJenn said:

Perfect!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BeekeeperBetty

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm stunned. The bigots and Russia won. Congrats America; you just showed the entire world what you really are.

I was going to sell our investment property this summer and buy a vacation home. Now I think I'm going to buy a bunker in Wyoming instead. Or maybe Utah, those Mormons really know how to prep for the apocalypse, I can probably get some good tips.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I literally have no words. I struggled to explain this absolute ****ing nightmare of a horror show to my kids this morning. They were devastated.

screen_shot_2016-11-09_at_10.png

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

All my kids asked about it this morning. We told them people voted and Trump got the number of electoral votes needed to win. End of story (for now). They know how these things work (someone wins, someone loses). They've had enough fear-mongering, so I certainly wasn't going to feed into that any more. I'm not going to preach any doom and gloom because I have no way to predict what will happen over the course of the next 4 years. For now, it just is what it is.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is nothing left to do but hope that President-elect Trump rises to the occasion. I believe in The Constitution. That does not mean I will not be criticizing him and, perhaps, calling him names when he is in office as is my First Amendment right, but he was elected and I respect that.

AGBF

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The reasons HRC lost...

Unemployment is too high.
Middle class income families can't afford to pay these high premium for health care.
Corruption and lying to the american people.
She did nothing good for our country as SOS.

Yes, I am shock that Trump will become our next Prez., but like most Americans I am sick and tired of these failed liberal policies of the past 8 yrs. Her biggest mistake was to run on a 3rd term of failed Obama policies.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sooo..... you think he'll finally lay off the spray tan? Dude is like orange and thats not a good look.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results