shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I can't believe you haven't eaten a single piece of Halloween candy! Hats off you to and your amazing willpower!!! I just passed by a bowl of candy on my way to the elevators and I snagged a peanut butter cup. I gotta say, it wasn't that good... :confused: Not sure how that's even possible, but it will (hopefully) deter me from diving in head first to the rest of them!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1478111877|4092995 said:
Rod, I can't believe you haven't eaten a single piece of Halloween candy! Hats off you to and your amazing willpower!!! I just passed by a bowl of candy on my way to the elevators and I snagged a peanut butter cup. I gotta say, it wasn't that good... :confused: Not sure how that's even possible, but it will (hopefully) deter me from diving in head first to the rest of them!

I'm not virtuous in avoiding the candy. I've just never been much of a candy eater. Ice-cream, cakes, pies oh my, yes. Just not big on candy! LOL

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, yes I can write up my 2 employees and it’s not the first time those 2 have pulled this. I run the group as a “team” but this is ridiculous. Have fun finalizing the plan for the kitchen at the boat house. I know it will look wonderful. Hopefully your Craig’s list ad finds someone who wants the sleeper sofa and French doors. Did you get a lot done at work? What? A PB cup didn’t taste good. I love them frozen.

Rod, Marty and I usually don’t change our minds either. Good job avoiding the Halloween candy. I was rather surprised a bunch of it didn’t show up at work. I bet you and Charlie are excited to get your new sectional. Yeah for a tax credit by donating your other sofa to the Salvation Army.

I am a cake, cookie and candy person.

I am watching a new NOVA on Gems. It’s got a lot of info about diamonds. Cool!

I had another busy day at work which naturally made the day fly by. I swear I need to quit eating my lunch at my desk - I never get any peace.

Have a fabulous evening and day tomorrow.
Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I don't know why candy isn't something I enjoy? I"m the only one who brought in candy to the office. Everyone else had enough kids to give all their candy to. I do like dark chocolate. As long as it's high in cacao. And I like Hershey's chocolate syrup on ice-cream.

I'm looking forward to coming home tomorrow after work and seeing the new sectional. Charlie will be home to accept it. He's going to offer the delivery guys some cash to move our current sectional into the garage and then Salvation Army picks it up on Friday.

I was really busy at work today as well. I'd rather be busy than not. Given those two employees have done this before, you should write them up for sure.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Rod, I can't wait to see pictures of the space with your new sectional in it! I've got a sectional picked out for the boat house, but nothing nearly as snazzy as your new leather one!

Curby, people have replied to get both the pull out sofa and the french doors so hopefully they really do show up and take the stuff out of there.

Today I went and talked to the appliance guy about what I need for the kitchen. He's going to put some info together and send it to me next week. I also spent WAY TOO MUCH TIME rolling coins from a big jug that I have. It all only came to $135.50 and it took HOURS. Ugh. I really wish Chase hadn't done away with their coin machines.

Last night, as you probably know (!), the Cubs won the World Series for the first time in 108 years. The city is pretty damn excited, and there's going to be a big parade tomorrow. I'm hoping to get out of dodge long before that happens and head toward MI.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, I was very happy for the Cubs wining the series. 108 years is a loooooooooong time to wait. I hope the city celebrations were fun for those who got out to celebrate!

Don't any of your grocery stores have coin machines? Ours do down here. But we have to pay a percentage to the machine for using it. Still, it's much easier than having to roll coins.

So, they didn't actually arrive with the new sectional until after I came home from work. Charlie surprised me by moving the old sectional into the garage all by himself. Quite amazed that he turned the two pieces on their side, put each on a blanket and literally slid them into the garage. He just didn't want to pay the guys to move it, so he did it himself.

Really pleased with the new sectional. The leather is so nice, but that's typical of Natuzzi. It's very similar in size to the one we replaced, but has straighter more simple lines. It's oh so comfy, which is nice as we sit on the sofa a lot. And without further ado, the glamour shot. But now we need to get a new rug as we no longer like the rug. The rug looked great with the camel leather, but not the blue leather.

new_couch.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, Marty likes the dark chocolates high in cocoa too; some of them are too bitter for me. I picked up the Dove chocolate syrup but I haven’t tried it yet. I am finishing my Hershey’s bottle first. I like the slow churned vanilla with a little chocolate syrup on it. Your new sectional looks fabulous and comfortable. Yeah for Charlie getting your old sofa out to the garage by himself. Using blankets to slide it was quite clever. Enjoy your new sofa this weekend.

Dee Jay, what a chore to roll a bunch of coins. We have a plastic Coke bottle plum full and I keep telling Marty to take it to the bank. I will be interested to see how much is in there. The bottom is mostly pennies - middle probably has nickels and dimes and the top even has quarters. Trust me the first 5 years we were married that bottle was raided frequently for Taco Tuesday or something else cheap to eat. How exciting for the Cubs! Your parade starts at 8 so you’ll have to get out early.

It was gorgeous here today. Not even a breeze; that is weird for Wyoming.

One more day of work. Woo hoo!

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Rod, your new sofa looks FABULOUS! I love the color -- cool without being "out there," and I don't think the rug looks bad with it (although I certainly understand the desire for a new one, and once that seed gets planted in your head, well it HAS to happen!).

Curby, I kind of dread ever rolling coins like this again. Ugh. I'm sure there's something I could buy on Amazon that would make this process easier but it seems goofy to me to spend money to roll coins!

Last night the CB and I went to a local bar and had dinner with our friends and their baby. (They live next door to the bar and the baby is a regular!) Then we came home and I got into my warmed up bed -- god bless heated mattress pads! -- and spent an inordinate amount of time going through the Chicago Public Library site to find books to read. I don't know whether it's me, the site, or the universe of books in general, but I have a hard time choosing things to read on-line. I have in my head that it used to be easier to pick stuff when I would go to a real book store!

The CB is coming home after his staff meeting this morning and we're heading to the boat house as early as possible... taking a path to the highway that is as far out of the way of the Cubs parade as we possibly can!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, rolling coins is not fun; a very tedious task. My grandmother owned a gas station and I remember helping her do that as a kid. I agree - a heated mattress pad it pretty darned nice. I used to prefer an electric blanket but Marty wanted to go with a heated mattress pad. I reluctantly agreed. We have an electric blanket on the bed in one of our guests room and I used it one time when I was sick and hated the darn things. It seemed heavy and uncomfortable now that I’m not used to it. The twin bed at our old house had a really nice electric blanket that you couldn’t feel the wires or anything. I used it a lot on those nights Marty was on the phone all night for work. I do agree that browsing for books online is not the same as looking through them at a book store. I love reading books on my iPad though.

Not much going on this weekend. We rented the latest Star Trek movie last night. Marty played golf today and I made chocolate chip cookies and have been doing things around the house. Marty is have a poker game tonight but they just decided yesterday so it will probably be low attendance.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI Kids!

Rod, I hope you enjoyed relaxing on your new sectional all weekend.

Dee Jay, I get you did a lot of work at the boat house.

Not much going on here today.

Marty's poker party lasted until well past when I went to bed. They all had fun and Marty won. Sweet.

Marty is playing golf today. I have to wait until 6 for the Bronco's game. Rats.

I dialed in to work briefly and changed my password while I was online then ended up locking myself out of everything. I had to call the IT on call guy to change it for me. My luck if I left it for a day; I'd get paged to fix something.

Have a great Sunday.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I just got an electric blanket from Costco to take to the boat house. We've used it two weekends in a row now and really like it! I think it's a Sunbeam.

The poor CB spent all of Saturday on his belly down in the crawl space doing the plumbing for the kitchen in the boat house. Needless to say I took him out for a really nice dinner that night! Yesterday we came home by way of an outlet mall in Indiana. I was just not in the right mood for that sort of shopping and ended up with just one pair of boots on clearance. The CB almost got a new wool winter coat at Brooks Brothers but they didn't have the right size. Oh well, we can always go there again. Not much else to report... just waiting for this election to be OVER.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Election Day kids!!!

I have been up every few hours in the night checking the news -- yes, today I am That Person! This election I am very personally invested, much more so than any previous one. Funny story though: In 2010 I was in Ecuador (having early voted before I left on the trip) and I was desperately watching TV trying to find out who my next President was to be. There was not a single English speaking channel to be found on my hotel room TV so I resorted to trying to figure out what was going on based on visuals alone. When McCain gave his speech I couldn't tell whether he was conceding or declaring victory he is so outwardly emotionless, LOL. I had already decided if the McCain/Palin ticket was the winner I was staying in South America and getting a job and just waiting out that administration! (I have nothing against McCain BTW, but the idea of Palin being one heartbeat away from the Presidency was just too much for me to bear.) And if today Trump wins I will spend the night updating my resume and sending it to every recruiter at Royal Bank of Canada and Bank of Montreal I can find first thing tomorrow morning.

It's gonna be quite a day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, the twin sized electric blanket I like was Sunbeam. I am glad your blanket works well for you. I got mine at Dillards and it had the really thin wires you couldn’t feel. When Marty was getting paged all the time at night I’d actually turn that blanket on before I went to bed because I knew sooner or later I’d move over there and it’d be all warm for me. It was funny if Marty got called or texted in the middle of the night he had to turn on the light to answer. Once I saw light I was out of there. Such a supporting wife. My sleep was way more important. Ha!

Why were you checking the news last night? The election started this morning.

I had 3 death cookies tonight. I ended up working about 2 hours late tonight. I picked up a burger on the way home. Marty did dishes for me thought. Sweet!!!

Have a great evening and day tomorrow. The sun will rise tomorrow no matter who wins the white house.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am literally sick over what we have done to ourselves as a nation.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1478706563|4095811 said:
I am literally sick over what we have done to ourselves as a nation.

I'm beyond sick DeeJay. I can't believe someone as horrendous as Donald Trump will disgrace the White House. Both he and Pence have pledged to reverse my marriage. We will leave the country if they do. I am not proud to be American today. No, I most definitely am not.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

We stayed up until almost midnight watching election results which were still undecided when we turned the TV off. I looked at about 3:30 and was quite shocked to see how it turned out. Time will tell how it turns out.

I was way busy at work today but the day zipped by. I met a friend for lunch. The service was awfully slow so I ended up being gone for almost 2 hours but I didn’t care since I worked until 7 last night.

I have nothing to take in for lunch tomorrow so I think I’ll sneak out of work again.

It’s true - I had a curby incident today. I rubbed about 5/8 inch of my rim on the corner of a curb. I was SO mad!

Laters,
Curby

MarinoCosta

Rough_Rock
Healthy living for me is the happiest living. When you are happy you feel healthy. Also try to travel often and to eat healthy food. All this tip can help you to be health and happy.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! :wavey:

I slept in 10 extra minutes. I was so excited. Little pleasures, right? I had a dentist appointment at 8 and they are right down the road.

After the dentist I stopped and had breakfast since I wasn’t in a hurry to get to work. I got to work about 10 am. The lady my boss wants to move to my department has decided she’d be happy to join my team. I suggested yesterday she talk to 2 of my employees to see what they think about the job and the 2 naysayers. They must have relieved her angst towards working with us. I am pretty excited about it because I think she’ll be a great addition to my team.

Marty ate carbs for supper so I had a great supper. He made us beef parmesan, noodles Alfredo and salad. I have some leftover for lunch too.

Have a great Friday.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids.

Curby, it broke my heart a little to hear you had a slight curb incident! But honestly, the first mar is bound to happen and now it's out of the way. Stay a bit farther out in the lane though from now on, OK? :cheeky:

I am still in bed, even though it is 3:30 in the afternoon. I think I ate something that didn't agree with me yesterday and it's been quite an event... ugh. The CB is just leaving his office now though so I think I'll trying taking a shower and drinking some Gatorade (the first attempt at either of those things didn't go well... double ugh. Wish me luck.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I was almost crying and sick to my stomach that I dinged up a wheel on my Porsche. Marty is washing it now and scrubbing off the brake dust - I am sure I'll get a full report from him when he is done. I had some stuff to mail so I had Marty drive me to the post office and I reminded him that drive through can be very treacherous (using Chloris Leachman's voice from Young Frankenstein). He said "flake".

I hope you are feeling better by now. I am really full. We went to Old Chicago for lunch and I ate an entire individual pizza - I usually only eat half of one. I was hungry though. Yes, Marty even ate 3/4 of a large thin pizza. I was shocked.

Marty's sister will be here shortly for the weekend or what's left of it. I am sure she and Marty will go try out Marty's new weights downstairs.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I'm so sorry to see you dinged a wheel. I hope it's not bad and easily fixed.

Sorry for being somewhat MIA. I was really sick this week. Tuesday, I woke with such a horrible sore throat and I completely lost my voice. I took that day off as my job requires me to be on the phone all day, so I would have accomplished nothing sitting at my desk.

Then the election came and went, and I have to admit I'm beyond upset. The new administration has me more scared than I've ever been. Pence, is one of the most horrific homophobes in this country. He still believes in Reparative Therapy to fix children from being gay. What it does is destroy children and cause many to commit suicide. And this is the man who will be one heartbeat away from the Presidency.

While we hope for the best, we know there will steps backwards for us. If they take away our marriage, we will leave the country. I can't believe its something we would even consider, but I will not live where my rights are taken away.

We had dinner with my brother and SIL tonight. It was strained at first. They are staunch Trump people. But he's my brother and while we don't agree on anything politically, we do respect each others differences.

It's still way too warm for this time of year. I would usually never consider getting crabs in November, but I suspect I'll be able to get them tomorrow. At least I'm going to try.

Hope you're having a good weekend.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, as Dee Jay said at least I’ve got the first ding on my car so that’s out of the way. This is a pretty small spot on the wheel so that’s good. I hope you are feeling better. Those first nasty colds of the season really know how to hang on.

I hope Trump will be a good president for all of us. He is certainly an unknown political entity. Articles and opinion pieces I have read about him from people who know him or have worked with him are frequently favorable. Certainly not always though.

I am saddened by the hateful and judgmental opinions being projected at people that voted for Trump. Sometimes your candidate wins, sometimes they don’t; but that doesn’t make the people who voted for the other guy an idiot or prejudiced. Like you said about you and your brother; you have very different opinions but you respect each others right to have those opinions.

Did you go get crabs for dinner today? We are in the 50’s to 60’s here today but some cooler weather is in our forecast. This is amazingly warm for November in Wyoming.

We rented Zoolander to watch last night and had popcorn. Marty was going overboard on carbs yesterday - I ate more yesterday than I have in weeks. Woo hoo CARBS. My SIL is eating the same kind of food as Marty is eating. They had eggs, natural bacon and oatmeal for breakfast. I had an English Muffin with cheese and an egg. My personal shopper missed Canadian bacon on our shopping list so I couldn’t make a Marcy McMuffin. We are having tacos for lunch.

My SIL will be in Denver until Jan 2018 so I was giving her crap that she should feel free to come back and visit us one more time before she has to move. I crack myself up.

Hopefully Marty will start tacos for us soon. I am getting hungry.

Have a great day.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's Monday kids.

Curby, when I first washed Billy Ray I freaked out because the next time I went down to the garage to get in the brakes looked all brown and rusty. Well apparently that's common and the people in the Porsche club told me to either drive it a little ways right after washing or use a leaf blower to get all the water off so they looked pristine. And really the first time I would take it out after washing and drive it a little it was fine, but woah was I upset!

Rod, and speaking of upset, I am just beyond consoling over this whole thing. For the first two days I couldn't even speak of the election without welling up, and I cried during Hillary's concession speech. On Thursday night I had two glasses of prosecco and then two manhattans and I WEPT. The poor CB was at a loss as to how to help me. I told him to talk to be in four years.

Anyway, on we went over to the boat house on Saturday and we weren't there 15 minutes when I tweaked my back BAD. Really bad. I was useless for the rest of the day. At one point I sat (really more FELL) down on the steps going up to the roof deck and had to stay there for 20 minutes until the CB realized I was missing and came to find me, and then he had to help me stand up. Super.

Yesterday, believe it or not, we went to Ikea. I am OK when I standing up so the only problem was getting in and out of the car. And walking isn't bad as long as I go slow and straight. But I did turn wrong at one point in the kitchen area and it made me help out loud. People turned to stare. Oops.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I would have been upset too about my brakes. I think Marty knew that because as soon as he was done with my car he took it for a spin. That is good to know though. We keep talking about joining the Rocky Mountain Region Porsche Club. I don’t know if we’d fit in with the crowd though. I saw a 911 yesterday and waved at them but they didn’t see me.

I am so sorry your back is giving you trouble again. Ouch! I am glad CB realized you were missing. Feel better soon!

You are a real trooper walking around IKEA with a sore back. I think Marty would have to do some serious bribing to get me back in the IKEA store in Denver. I don’t like you can’t just go look at what section you want and then leave.

We had really nice weather here again today - but that 4 letter white word is in the forecast for Thursday. Oh oh. You mean winter may be heading our way? Say it ain’t so!

Work will be crazy busy insane the rest of this month. I had to stay about 20 minutes late to finish my last report. I had my one on one with my boss today and my old boss may be backpedalling on moving that lady to my team. I don’t know what is going on with that.

Marty and his sister were bored yesterday afternoon so we went to the mall. I came home with a new Mac Book Pro. I just now finished getting most of it set up. It took well in to the wee hours of the night to restore it from our Time Machine. Then I had to have Marty set up all my email accounts again. I had to buy another copy of Office for Mac - we can buy it for $9.95 through work but only once. Luckily they have 2 email addresses for me at work (Marcy and Marcella) so I bought the new copy with my alter email. Ha Ha. Looks like I could have logged in and downloaded Office 2011 again but oh well; I have the new version.

I lost my original Pages - which I liked way better than newer Pages but I guess I’ll have to use it. I do my club newsletter in Pages.

The keyboard on this is different. It seems like I have to push on the keys harder but I am sure I will get used to it.

Have a great evening and day tomorrow.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's Tuesday kids.

Curby, can you go and just check out the Porsche club without actually joining first? When I was in KC the Porsche club was my favorite social group. It was an odd group to be sure -- 30 middle aged white men, a token black man, and me -- but we had a good time, LOL.

Last night I worked until about 7:30 and then the CB picked me up. I wasn't hungry and just had chips and salsa for dinner. After spending eleven hours on the couch my back felt pretty good this morning! My boss and I went to work and we walked back to the office (1.3 miles according to google) and it was slow going but I felt pretty OK.

We've got the big horrible condo meeting tomorrow night where I roll out the special assessment. I'm preparing to be hated...

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, I'm glad your back is feeling better. As you know I have a horrible back and when it goes out, the pain is unbearable and I walk (if one could call it that) like Quasi Motto. I don't envy you tomorrow night with the special assessment. I'm so so so so grateful those days are over for me. I heard they just put one in at the condo recently and people are up in arms over it. I hope they treat you at least with some respect. It's a tough job running a condo. It really is.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am glad you are doing better today. Back pain is literally such a pain. I used to get horrible stiff necks; a chiropractor finally got all of that back in place for me and told me never to lay down unless I am sleeping. Cured me right up. I used to lay on the bed or couch to read or watch TV.

I remember you enjoyed the Porsche club in KC. We will probably go to one of their breakfast meetings. They also have lap days at some tracks in Colorado which I am sure Marty would enjoy.

Good luck at the condo meeting.

Chips and Salsa sound pretty darned good for supper.

Rod, I remember you have problems with your back too. How awful. I am sure you don’t miss running the condo meetings. How is your new couch? I hope you are loving it!

My boss moved that lady in to my team today. Surprise. She made a mistake that he caught with 30 minutes to spare so he decided the time was now.

The weather was gorgeous here today. We were in the 70’s. I rebelled and didn’t wear a sweater or jacket to work. Ha! Thursday I’ll be digging out my parka or wool coat.

Have a great evening.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's Wednesday kids.

Rod, I get mixed reactions from people in my complex. Some think I'm a big PITA and other respect the job that I do... but tonight I think they will probably all hate me to some degree, LOL.

Curby, woah! Not lie down unless you are sleeping? I'd die! I spent as much time horizontal as possible!

Last night I worked a little late and then the CB made fish and little red potatoes for dinner. I cleaned the house up a bit, but I've got some more to do before the meeting at 6. I'll probably leave my office around 4 or so.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, putting a special assessment in place is never rejoiced. I assume you have the support of your fellow board members? People in our condo always thought they got to vote every time we put an assessment in place. They got angry when they found out they don't get to vote. And for good reason. Most people don't want to spend more money, even if it's necessary. The board has a fiduciary responsibility to ensure there are funds necessary to maintain the building in the best condition possible.

Good luck tonight. Do post after the meeting to let me know you're alive and safe. OK?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL my friend, I will let you know how it goes after the meeting!

As I know what you mean about people thinking they get to vote on things. I have no idea where this misconception comes from, but it is prevalent in my complex too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results