shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome home Dee Jay. Check out bing.com today. Their picture is sunset on Ha Long Bay, Vietnam. Did your platter make it home okay?

Will post more later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My platter did make it home OK! And it's a good thing because if I had been dragging a broken piece of crockery around with me all over Asia I would have been P!!!!!SED when I opened the package and found that out!

It fits perfect on the bookshelves, and I bought a large plate holder that keeps it very secure and upright.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I hope it doesn’t take you too long to adjust to your local time zone again. Rats you passed on an elephant bell but it sounds like you brought home some very cool things. Good deal your platter made it home safe and sound and you have it on a plate holder already. That is too bad your friend had to pay to switch to another car. I will be anxious to see pictures of your giant pumpkin.

I must say I am majorly freaking out that I am going to get a late payment on my credit report. I think if the payment goes through by the 24th I am fine.

I had chicken nuggets for supper - but I did buy the small pack. I should mix up some alka seltzer now. I was in line and the couple in front of me started talking about my car. He knew it was a Porsche but she didn’t (that would be us). Then a couple of high school boys came in behind me and they were talking about it. Too funny.

Have a great evening.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I checked on the pumpkin last night -- don't forget it's been sitting in my car for a couple of weeks now! -- and it seems OK so I'm hoping for a successful carving tomorrow! I'll post pics.

So last night I was in the ER from 2 am to 5 am... My ankles and feet have been ridiculously swollen since my flight on Tuesday no matter what I do and last night I woke up with terrible cramping in my right leg. Google of course points right to a possible blood clot so I high tail it to the ER where they draw blood, set me up with an IV (and IV of WHAT I have no idea since they hadn't diagnosed me with anything...), and did an ultrasound on both legs, which showed no clot issues (and the ultrasound tech told me that right in there so I wasn't left in suspense). Then... I... Sat... and SAT... and SAT. At 5 am I went to the front desk and ask what the anticipated timing was and it would be at least an hour and a half before the doctor could see me... so I had them take out the IV and I checked myself out. I mean, at that point I knew I didn't have a blood clot, and that was the important part, so why stay?

Anyway, let's just say it's been a looooong day. My boss had no idea about all this until a few minutes ago and he was like GO HOME DEE. Soon... very soon... !

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that is very scary about your feet and ankles swelling. I am relieved to hear they didn’t find any blood clots during your visit to the ER but something must be going on. I hope they go down soon. I can’t believe you went to work after that. You are a dedicated trooper. Are you better tonight? Take it easy.

I think the average time in our ER is 10.5 hours and we are a small city.

I watched the Peanuts Great Pumpkin last night and chuckled when Linus told Lucy he didn’t know she was going to kill the pumpkin when she cut it open and pulled the guts out. I can’t imagine how much you pull out of your giant pumpkin. Sounds fun.

Work was busy today. I logged on about noon and my car wasn’t paid off yet but I just checked and I have a 0 balance. Looks like the dealer had to pay an additional $38 or something like that since the payout amount was through the 10th this month. I’d like to see them try and get that out of me. Ha!

I bought an Arby’s roast beef for supper then picked up the older style iPod cord at our Simply Mac. My iPod doesn’t have the lightning port and my Audi had a built in connector for Apple so I didn’t need one. My Porsche has Apple Car Play but it will not work with my phone. It works fine with Marty’s iPhone. I wonder if my iPhone 7 is too new for the software? I can get to my music but it won’t play. I can make calls. Marty will check it all out when he gets home but now I can at least use my old iPod in the car.

I just ordered some Porsche stuff (a sticker, a lapel pin, a patch and myself a key chain). The patch, sticker and pin are for the Audi bear. Yes, I spent money to dress up the Audi bear.

Tomorrow is Friday. Yippee!

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, my ankles are pretty much back to normal, so that's good. I have had a few random very very small leg cramps since then but not much at all. I'll also drinking Gatorade like a fiend for the electrolytes and I ordered some compression stockings off of Amazon to wear from now on when I fly. I'm headed to Phoenix in a few weeks and even though that's not as long of a flight I'm going to try them out then.

Last night we went to the grocery store and got the rest of the stuff for the party, which the exception of ice, which I just remembered. There's always something! I spent about an hour this morning picking up the house a bit. I still have stuff that I haven't put away from my trip, but if I leave my office by 3 or so I should have no problem getting everything done and all set up by 6 or so. I wish it was a little warmer... it's only going to be in the 40s tonight. It seems like it's always colder than normal when I have this party!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, I was sorry to read about your ankle issues, but glad to see things have improved. I'm glad you went to the ER to make sure you didn't have a clot. I hope your party is fun. 40's? What we wouldn't give to have temps like that down here. The good news is, the first cold front of the season is coming through tonight. They say tomorrow will be in the 70s and that's a dramatic change to the 90's we've had since last May. Tomorrow night is supposed to go into the high 50's, low 60's. Woo Hoo for us!

Marcy, I read about them not paying off your Audi. If they don't get the payment in by the due date for your next payment and your credit is dinged, they'll have to fix it for you. There's no excuse for holding on to your money. No, none at all.

It's FRIDAY! We're not meeting our friends for our usual Sushi night tonight. So when I get home, we're going to walk up the street to our 2nd favorite Sushi spot (which is owned by our favorite's son, so it's equally good). It's so wonderful having great dining options just a short walk from our house.

Tomorrow we're going to go have dinner with my brother and SIL. Speaking of. I mentioned we found a 1.2 carat old miners cut diamond my mother had. My brother had it set in a halo pendant setting for my SIL and it turned out great. Here's a pic, which Charlie took in the wrong direction.

c5539e08-8958-4eb9-97a2-89418349e44a.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, how did your pumpkin carving party go? I am glad your ankles and feet are better. Good idea to get some compression stockings for flying. We won’t be joining you in Phoenix for Thanksgiving again this year. Maybe next year. We might be in California hitting cars with our rental though. Oh wait. That was imaginary.

Rod, your SIL’s pendant looks fabulous! It’s a great size and I know she’ll enjoy wearing it. Too funny a cold snap is coming that will drop your night temperatures to the 50’s. We don’t even wear jackets in that warm of weather. I will continue to watch my account and credit score to see if the late payment ever shows up. I think it will be okay since it was inside a 10 day grace period. I agree there is no excuse for something like happening and as I told Marty last night their response to make it right was underwhelming. I hope your enjoyed your walk and dinner last night. It’s nice to have a place that close to home.

Marty got home yesterday about 6:15 and then we left for our astronomy meeting about 6:30. We had a documentary on supernova. The couple who provided the DVD brought microwave popcorn to make and a bag of Halloween Oreo cookies. She made the popcorn and I poured it in plastic cups and handed them out. It was kind of fun. We had a decent crowd for our meeting - about 18 people.

We went to Perkins afterwards so Marty could get something for supper.

Marty is playing golf today and I am working on laundry. I am getting a cold. Boo!

Have a great weekend.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Rod, the pendant is GORGEOUS! I'm sure your SIL will enjoy wearing it and it will be nice for you to see it on her.

Curby, What?! You would be in Phoenix ramming your rental car into things this year like you normally do?! Unacceptable!

Friday night we had the annual giant pumpkin carving in my parking lot. The pumpkin didn't look too impressive this year because it was really squat and wide; next year I'm going to have to look for a better shape! I was damn near frozen at the end after standing around in 40ish degree weather for 6 or 7 hours, so by the time the last person left I was happy to see them go. One of my neighbors stayed and helped clean up -- she does that at every party I have, god bless her! -- and another of my neighbors arrived smashed and proceeded to get even more so, with his evening culminating in a face plant into the food table. Really. Fortunately there were only about half a dozen people left at that point so it wasn't widely witnessed.

After sitting in the back of my car for three weeks in the warm October weather the pumpkin was a bit smooshy... and it spooged a little onto the carpet in the back of my SUV so I had to take it in to get detailed on Saturday. Everything else seems pretty good at this point but the carpet still seems a little funky to me (could be my imagination -- I tend to smell things that aren't really there, LOL). I might try getting some spray on carpet cleaner and giving it another go myself.

We went to the boat house on Saturday but had to come back on Sunday to pick up my car before the place closed. Then we sat outside with the neighbors until about 8 o'clock. Of course it was 40 on Friday for the party and 70 last night!!!

If all goes well we'll be starting demo at the boat house next weekend, but a client contacted me yesterday and asked about putting a million dollar townhouse on the market so I might have to make that the priority. We'll see how it all pans out.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, don’t tell on me ramming my rental cars in to things. Ha Ha. Your pumpkin carving party sounds fun and interesting. OMG to a neighbor showing up smashed then helping that along culminating in doing a face plant on the food table. Sounds like a You Tube worthy video. You were probably very chilly being out that long in the cold. When we used to go out for star parties we’d even go out in the winter. I had a full length nylon wrap coat insulted with thick thinsulate and I could barely move in it but it sure kept me warm. Of course being out in the prairie the coat started ripping from weeds and thorns. I miss that coat sometimes. Even after we got a camper I refuse to go in and get warm because then I won’t ever go back out.

Darn it that your pumpkin oozed on your carpet. Maybe some Febreze can help with any lingering smells.

I can see where putting a million dollar townhouse on the market might take precedence over demo at the boat house. I hope it sells quickly!

We had a nice day yesterday. We went to see Marty’s sister in Denver. She moved there until Jan. 2018. She works for the government so they are paying for her and her co-workers to stay in a hotel for 2 months then they have to find their own homes or apartments. I doubt anyone buys since they aren’t there for even a year and a half. Their final destination is Dallas.

Her hotel room is tiny but she has a bed, a setting room with TV, a desk, a kitchen and a bathroom. I guess that works.

We took her with us and went to a shopping mall then ate at a Cajun seafood place. It was fun. I did notice Marty had the Porsche up to 101 at one point. That happens way too easy and it doesn’t feel like you are going fast at all.

I still have my cold. My headache is better but everything else is still saying “yo Marcy”. I stayed home today. I might have gone in to work but since I had training at corporate I hated to get that close to other people. I didn’t sleep much last night either.

I made myself homemade beef noodle soup for lunch. I am going to go down and vote; get that out of the way. Marty did a conference call before I got up and has been up here in the living room ever since.

Have a great day. Go Broncos!
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, your SIL's hotel room sounds like a lot of the ones I spent my time in as a regional compliance officer when I had a three state territory. It ain't palatial, but it'll do!

Last night I worked a little late and then the CB made steaks and little red potatoes for dinner. I went to be early but then also got up about an hour early, which turned out OK because my mortgage guy and I have been going back and forth and I was able to send him some things over this morning before I had to leave for a half-day conference. I'm trying to refi from a 30 year at 3.875 to a 15 year at 2.875. It raises my payment by $788/month but saves me over $200,000 in the total repayment. He's making noise the about the HELOC I got to pay for the boat house complicating things but I think he's just got a case of sour grapes since he told me not to do that and I went and got a HELOC anyway. Last time I check it was MY money -- right?!

I've been crazy busy today trying to wrap some things up because a lot of our people are going to be out of town for an off-site meeting the rest of this week. Getting stuff done can be like herding cats around here, ha ha!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am sure you’ve been in some small hotel rooms when you were a compliance officer. I would say my SIL’s hotel works but that’s about it. She has a fabulous view of the Rockies out her window though.

Yes it is your money and it makes sense to looking in to refinancing at a lower rate and a shorter term. We keep getting calls and letters about the current VA refinance offer going on. They roll any fees back in to your loan which is of course one thing I’m not eager to do. We have 3.25 and it looks like it would drop it to about 2.87 and since it’s not a whole percentage point I don’t know it is worth it. As I told Marty since our mortgage company and other lenders are eager to do this for us it has to be a good deal for them not necessarily for us.

Tell CB we copied his supper idea from last night - we had steak and baked potatoes tonight.

Herding cats is a challenge. I hope you got things wrapped up at work okay.

I did head in to work today but maybe should have stayed home one more day. I am coughing quite a bit which started at 3 am today cutting my night short. Yes, I was probably on the cranky side at work.

Marty got me a possessed or devil bear. It’s pretty funny. It’s arms are up like it is playing pic-a-boo. You touch it’s right foot and it says 3 things - stuff like “do you want to play a game? Maybe pic-a …” and then the arms open and it says “BOO!” and then laughs. The eyes are red and kind of flash.

Tomorrow is Wednesday already. NICE!!!

Take care.
Sick of Coughing Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, can you set up the refi so that they don't roll the fees in and you just pay them yourself?

Last night the CB made Hamburger Helper for dinner. This is the third time we've had it in the past few months and I think I'm done with it now, LOL. Although we did have left overs that I didn't bring for lunch and now I'm sorry because we're not having lunch brought in today like I thought we were.

I'm working on getting someone set up to help with the demolition at the boat house on Saturday. Hopefully the construction guy I talked to will have someone available, otherwise it's just me and the CB. In advance let me just say: Oh my aching back!

My boss is out today and I plan on getting a lot of work done, LOL.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I don’t see why I couldn’t pay my finance fees up front. I should call the bank to see what the deal is they are offering. It can’t hurt.

There are a few Hamburger Helpers I like. One time at our star party I made a family sized HH and made Marty and his friend finish it. They couldn’t move for hours afterwards. That was way too much food for them. I didn’t want leftovers in the tiny frig.

Rats that you didn’t take lunch thinking you going to have lunch provided at work.

One time at work they sent out a company wide email telling people not to bring their lunch that they were bringing in giant sandwiches for everyone. It didn’t turn out well. They figured everyone would take a small 1” slice, they didn’t have chips, fruit or drinks. The sandwiches were gone before even 1/4 of the people got through the line. There was a lot of grumbling that day.

I hope you find help for the demolition at the boat house. It sounds like a big chore but of course you’ll have fun with the renovation.

Did you get a lot of work done today? I tend to get more done when my boss is out.

I slept an entire 4 hours before my coughing attach kicked in. I knew I was waking Marty up so I moved to one of our spare bedrooms. Then I realized I hadn’t turned the furnace on before going to bed so I got up and turned it on. I was cold at first but finally did fall asleep again. I bought some NyQuil on the way home so hopefully I can sleep tonight.

Marty went to a concert in Denver tonight so I had to cook my own supper. I didn’t burn it. Sweet.

I ran some stuff to the post office tonight - you know my worst nightmare obstacle course. Yes I did kind of bump in to a curb put from the front not the side. I was going very slow and backed up right away. I thoroughly inspected my wheel and tire when I got home and it looked fine. Lucky for me.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I'm happy to hear your trip to the post office was without (much) incident. Just a thought: can you park and walk up to the box to put stuff in? Seems like a safer alternative. (And I say that as your loving friend! :cheeky: ) LOL on the sandwiches being long gone before a lot of people had gone through the line. We have the opposite problem with as much food often left over as is eaten. I guess better that than people being hungry!

My mortgage is locked at 2.875% for 15 years. They are supposed to be setting up a secure portal so I can start uploading docs, most of which I have at my fingertips anyway since I just did the HELOC a little while ago. Hopefully this process goes smoothly!

I fell asleep on the couch last night and got up around 1:00 and headed to bed. I was reading this great scary book so I spend the next two hours doing that and finally fell back asleep. This morning I'm on my second cup of coffee (something I rarely do!) and I just finished the rest of the book. Now I suppose I should get on with the rest of my day... I think I'll clean the bathrooms and do some general picking up around here. I also want to go early vote today or tomorrow because I think it will be too much of a cluster on actual voting day. And of course there's a Costco run in my future, because what would a day off be without a trip to Costco!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, yes I can walk in to the post office which I usually do especially since I need to go in and check my P.O. Box occasionally. I use the drive through on my way to work or at night. Of course now it’s my quest and challenge to master that evil drive through.

Good deal for locking your loan at a great rate and shorter term. I really should call my mortgage company this weekend. I could also check with my credit union on the VA refinance.

What was the page turning scary book you read? I haven’t been reading much lately but have quite a few books on my iPad waiting for my attention.

Sorry you had a short night. Good plan to go vote early; I was glad we went down and voted Monday. Did you make it shopping?

Work is so busy right now the days just fly by. I had a few pieces of leftover pizza for supper. Not much else exciting going on here.

I took a 1/2 dose of NyQuil last night and didn’t cough until 5 am. Sweet. I was kind of groggy from the pill till about 10 am. I wish this cold would go away. My voice is disappearing occasionally - Marty will enjoy that.

Tomorrow is Friday. All Right!

Have a fabulous Friday.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, the book was called Ink and Bone and it was about a little girl who gets taken in the woods by a bad guy and the family ultimately turns to a psychic to find her. Obviously I'm giving the most basic info here, but it was pretty good if you like that sort of thing. It also wasn't creepy in the kind of way like "Oh no this could happen to me while I'm sitting here alone in the middle of the night in my very own house" in the way of some Stephen King type books. I've managed to scare myself witless with a couple of those -- and I strangely enjoy it in some goofy sadistic way, ha ha!

Yesterday turned out to be not nearly as productive as I'd hoped... I did get the master bathroom cleaned, but then I started sending stuff over to the mortgage guy and it took about three hours. Then one of my neighbors came down for a bit, which put a damper on the other general cleaning up. Today though I am going to Costco and to early vote! Really! And the CB and I are heading to the boat house after he gets home. I actually have to meet with a client here in Chicago tomorrow morning so I'll need to come back and do that, but I want to be there in the morning when the guy who's helping with the demo arrives so I can be a part of the conversation and make sure we're all on the same page. Not that I don't have full faith in the CB but two heads are better than one! Especially when it comes to tearing down walls and stuff -- better to talk it all through before getting out the sledge hammer in my opinion, LOL.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heya,

Been a long a very tough week. Work of late has just sucked. Won't go into details, but it's just been rally rough.

Marcy, I'm sorry to see you've been sick. Charlie has a cold as well. Knock wood, I haven't caught it. Glad to see you're navigating the post office without curb-haps!

DeeJay, I'm guessing you're at the lake house today with demolition starting. I hope demo goes well. You're pumpkin carving party sounded like fun. I saw you had a day off and didn't get done what you hoped. Isn't always the way?

We're up and getting ready to go out and vote today. I made a big pot of homemade spaghetti sauce last night and my brother and SIL are coming over for dinner tonight. Then we'll all get in the spa. It's going to a warm day, but not with summer-like humidity. Should be a beautiful evening.

For Halloween, we're getting together with all our new neighbors and putting up a table at the end of our driveway and we're having a pot luck with WINE, while we give out candy to the kids. This will be the first Halloween in over 8 years where we'll have the opportunity to give out candy. Condo's are not exactly trick-or-treat friendly places to live. Charlie bought like 7 huge bags of candy since we have no clue how many kids will show up. We live one block from an elementary school, so we expect there will be many.

Not sure what we're going to do tomorrow. I may get crabs as the crab season is quickly winding down now that it has gotten a little cooler.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Oh, I took a better pic of my SIL's necklace. Here it is:

necklace.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Holy Shivers I am COLD. I put on my turtleneck floor-length fleece robe. I’m still cold.

Dee Jay, how is the demo going? I am glad that book didn’t creep you out because when I was reading the storyline that is exactly what I was thinking - that would creep me out and freak me out and sure as heck Marty would have to go somewhere. I am right there with you on some of Stephen King books scaring you; they sure can do that. I hope the meeting with the demo guy went well and you made it back to Chicago in time for your appointment.

Rod, rats that work has sucked lately. I hope things improve for you soon. Your plans for Halloween night sound fabulous. It will be way too cold here to set up outside. I thought of setting up telescopes to show people things instead of handing out candy but I’d be freezing. I picked up 8 of the regular sized bags of snack sized candy. Homemade spaghetti sounds fabulous and your SIL pendant is gorgeous. The diamond looks fabulous. I am sure she will love wearing it.

Last night I watched TV and pondered if I want a new Mac Book Pro. Went to bed super late but sadly got up about 7. This morning I ran to Fort Collins and picked up a set of saucers I had them order for me. I picked up a new small non-stick skillet an 2 chocolate covered cherries.

After I got back to town I had to run Marty his phone; he was at the golf course. Then I went grocery shopping (ugh), went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and then to the Simply Mac Store.

My Mac Book Pro is late 2012 model with 128 g flash drive. I was closing in under 20 g of memory left and the touch pad is unresponsive sometimes The new MBP with the touch bar is so ridiculously expensive I doubt I’d ever spring for it. The base model is $1499. The only reason I am considering it is Simply Mac would give me $600 to trade plus an additional $100. That is almost 1/2 of the price for the new one. Pros on the new one is that it’s quicker, more hard drive and faster processor, brighter screen with more colors, thinner and lighter than what I have now. Cons is they are awfully proud of them and think there are a lot of suckers out there who will pay their absurd prices. Reviews point out the processor, RAM (only comes with 8 RAM) is very 2-3 year old technology. They also only have USB-C ports which means adapters for my lightning cord, USB and SD card. What a pain that would be. I am still thinking about it.

Have a fabulous Sunday!
Chilly Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Happy Sunday. Not much going on today. I made a roast beef in the crock pot today and brewed up a batch of mashed potatoes, gravy and veggies. Mm. Good dinner. We both had some slow churned ice cream.

Marty played golf this morning. I am working on the November newsletter.

Have a fabulous day!
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Rod, did you get some crabs yesterday? And your SIL's pendant is even more gorgeous in this pic than in the first one -- which didn't think was possible! Hope Charlie is feeling better and that you don't get his cold.

Curby, you are always much more forward on the technology than I am. I don't replace stuff until it's gasping it's last dying breath, ha ha. I do have to swap out my phone though because it gets to about 30% and just turns itself off now. Really annoying!

The demon went well! The local guy that we used was great and he and the CB got everything down and out of there. Once we could see what was going on with the electrical previously hidden in the walls/ceiling though we called the electrician who had replaced the electrical box a few weeks ago and had him come out. He was like, "WTF is that?!" Our thoughts exactly! So he and the CB are going to work on getting all that straightened out next weekend.

It's getting a bit chilly here. I actually threw a pair of gloves in my purse this morning, just in case. The leaves are really pretty though!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I means, the DEMO went well, not the DEMON. Oops!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, yes I am bad at updating my electronics as soon as something new comes out. I am seriously wanting a new TV and there is NOTHING wrong with the one we have. It’s not like there is much 4K content out there. Marty says I keep having problems with my laptop to justify getting a new laptop. Could be true. Ha! That is irritating about your phone. Hopefully it doesn’t quit on you when you need it. That would be my luck. Demon. Ha Ha. Glad the demo went well. That’s a bad sign when the electrician is going WTF. I think there were a few of those when the electrician went through my parents house. The best one was he added a built in china cabinet by the fridge - right where the kitchen light turned on so he pulled all those wires in through the cabinet. They told Marty “that has to go”.

We’ve had a very steady stream of trick or treaters tonight. I bought 8 bags of fun sized so about 160 pieces of candy. I had 2 last night and 2 tonight and we are almost out. Marty has been nice and greeting them all. We had a Killer Rabbit in the bowl but kids kept trying to take the rabbit so we took him out of the bowl. Too funny!

My cough is subsiding. Finally. I am still trying to lose my voice though. Marty would be excited though.

Have a great evening and Tuesday!
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is Killer

img_13298.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, pulling the wires through the china cabinet is nothing compared to some of the sh!t we saw once we got the walls of the boat house down! There is an outlet that was "terminated" but virtue of the fact that it was simply disconnected (box still attached) and left dangling inside the wall with wire nuts on it to stop the power. If my dad -- who has been a licensed electrician for 50 years -- saw that he'd make me sell the place!

Last night I did a mad scramble clean up because the appraiser for my 15 year refi is coming through today. I thought I could get away with not mopping the floor but once I saw it in the light this morning I had to do it. I know they don't give you points for housekeeping, but it was pretty dirty! I think I might work from home once the appraiser is done because there's not much point in walking home and then walking back at 3:00. We'll see.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, sounds like some of your electrical stuff was kind of dangerous. Glad you are having it all properly inspected and fixed. I am sure your refi will work out fine. That reminds me I need to call on that VA refinance.

Marty is trying to sell his weight machine and asking $2000 for it (it retails for $4500) and some guy offered him $1250. Marty said no. He called an installer to see how much it would cost to move it and they said $500. I hope he sells it so I can put it down on his free weights he has on the way. I told him to use a credit card (oh no!) since I am trying to save for plates and taxes on my car. Which of course is why I want a new Mac. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I found out today my 2 least ambitious / productive employees hadn't done their work for the 4th, 5th and 6th which we check tomorrow. I am fed up with them. I spent about 6 hours of my day entering stuff for them and 2 other team members had to jump in and do their work. The beauty of team work - why should I do my work when someone else will take care of it for me. :wall:

It looks like rain out there. Oh no - winter might be coming our way. Boo.

Have a great evening.
Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........At least its Tuesday and we only have 3 more workdays left to go. I was busy today, so that's good.

DeeJay, one can only imagine the issues one can find after a demo. It's good that CB is skilled in these things. And with him there, you know he'll make sure things are done correctly.

Marcy, I got a chuckle out of Marty saying your electronics just start acting up when you want something new. You know what? They do for me too. At least I manage to sort of, uh, um, er, make them do that. I'm just not quite sold on the new Mac Pro's. The review I read today said they're not really faster than the ones they're replacing and the lack of cable and USB inputs would put me off. But I'm still a Windows for home PC guy and I quite like Windows 10.

So.....Halloween. What a bust. We set up a table in our driveway. All the neighbors came with at least 6 bags of candy each. We decorated the table. We had lot's of food and wine for us. And.........three kids showed up. Yep. Three. One. Two. Three. So, we sat with our neighbors and ate and drank and drank. Then when it was completely dark out, we all went home. We live a block from one of the best elementary schools in town. I just don't know where the kids were. They certainly weren't out trick or treating. I took all the candy to work with me this morning.

Oh and Marcy, I did get some crabs Sunday morning. The crab season is winding down, but they were really good!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, definitely we are almost on the downhill side of the work week. Good thing, huh? Maybe we will our electronics to start acting up. That way we have a reason (or is that excuse) to get something new? I agree with you on the reasons not to get the new Mac. I was just reviewing the previous Mac Book Pro and other than getting a larger flash drive there isn’t much difference from the one I have. The reason I wanted to get rid of my Mac Air is because I HATED using an external SD card reader. I can’t believe the new Mac Book Pro doesn’t even have a USB slot.

That’s a shame you and your neighbors went to that much trouble for trick or treaters and didn’t have many come by; at least you had a nice time. I was thinking today I should have done trick or drinking last night. Ha!

Rats that crab season is winding down. Do you ever watch Deadliest Catch? I’ve caught it a few times; overly dramatized like all of the reality shows which is why I generally don’t watch them. I like more mindless stuff.

I keep thinking about how pretty your SIL’s pendant turned out. Now I want one.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Rod, I can't believe you only got three kids! And good idea to take the candy in to work. We had about half a bag sitting around after the pumpkin party and the CB and I ate it. All of it. Ugh.

Curby, can you write up those two employees for not doing their work? What on earth were they thinking -- didn't they realize it would be discovered?!

I am in the process of rethinking he boat house kitchen. Surprise! (Not!) I've got to get the plan solidified by this weekend because the electrician is coming at 8 am on Saturday and one of the things he's going to do it run power for the appliances. At least that gives me a deadline or else I'd be thinking it over forever, ha ha!

We also have a sleeper sofa that the previous owners left behind and some French doors that we took off the bedroom and the CB is going to put them on Craigs list -- Free as long as people come and get them. Otherwise the guy who was helping the CB with the demo last weekend said we can put them out by the dumpsters at the end of the complex, but I am not fond of that idea. I would rather give them to someone who wants them instead of just plopping them out there and hoping they get taken before it rains or something.

My boss is out today. I plan on getting A LOT done!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay......boss's out? More work getting done? Yahsure.....wink wink!

Good thing you've got till Saturday to make up your mind on the kitchen. One thing Charlie and I are good at during a house construction is making a decision and sticking with it. Builders who have built homes for us loved that about us!

I still haven't eaten a single piece of Halloween candy. And believe me, I brought enough in to the office. Today's lunch is carrots/celery, a Fuji apple and a GNC protein drink. Blech.

Our new Natuzzi leather sectional is being delivered tomorrow. Hard to believe we ordered it a little over 3 months ago. But getting rid of our current leather sectional (DeeJay, it's the one you and Bill sat on in our condo when you visited) is proving more difficult to dispose of. None of the consignment shops we contacted want a 10 year old sofa and no one wants to buy it. So finally we were able to get Salvation Army to agree to come pick it up Friday, so donate it we will. It's likely a better tax write-off than selling it anyway.

Thank god November 8th is less than a week away. I can go back to not hating half of my FB friends once the election is over! Ha!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results