shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP ME PICK A WEDDING OR ETERNITY BAND TO GO WITH MY PEAR

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
hi
I am still undecided about what to pair with my pear! I am yet to try on the Cartier Trinity with her but will soon. I have a round and baguette eternity I love that just doesn't seem to do that well with her. Plus I have the added problem of diamond on my donut so whilst I'm OK with a non flush look I have to keep that in mind. I already have a spacer but don't really like to wear it.

I think my other problem is my pear is set in platinum whilst my other bands are white gold so together they don't go well (I will admit my gold needs rhodium plating)....

So..... Ill attach some pics of my erring and Id love some ideas. Want something 2mm approx, diamonds or plain, would love to reflect the antique cut of my pear but want to finalise this set....

Thank you so much!

_38398.jpg

_38399.jpg

rins3.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: HELP ME PICK A WEDDING OR ETERNITY BAND TO GO WITH MY PE

I think your pear is quite substantial and can hold its own as a stand alone ring, so I'd suggest wearing bands on your right hand.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Do you want to wear the band by itself or only with the ering? If the latter, what about a diamond eternity or semi eternity that matches the band of the ering? Get a notched one or one with a flat area so it won't rub on the underside of your ering's gallery or so it sorta slots around the bottom of the pear?

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock

foxinsox|1475650914|4083780 said:
Do you want to wear the band by itself or only with the ering? If the latter, what about a diamond eternity or semi eternity that matches the band of the ering? Get a notched one or one with a flat area so it won't rub on the underside of your ering's gallery or so it sorta slots around the bottom of the pear?
Hi fox
I want to wear it with my ering all the time - if I go this route. My very first set has a notched wedding band and I hated it, I always had to reposition it and it drove me crazy.

I wanted something a little different and less matchy matchy

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock

PintoBean|1475646686|4083772 said:
I think your pear is quite substantial and can hold its own as a stand alone ring, so I'd suggest wearing bands on your right hand.
Thank you Pinto - I have only worn it alone so far, and yes it's substantial enough to do so but I wonder if people would assume I'm engaged and not married or if that even matters...?

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium

laurenk|1475657920|4083789 said:
foxinsox|1475650914|4083780 said:
Hi fox
I want to wear it with my ering all the time - if I go this route. My very first set has a notched wedding band and I hated it, I always had to reposition it and it drove me crazy.

I wanted something a little different and less matchy matchy
mmm fair enough. I always figured the notched ones should just sit right but it wouldn't surprise me at all that they don't!
Channel set elongated french cuts? sleek brushed platinum? one of Erika Winters' delicious bands like the Imogen or the Viola?

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock

Ohh the Imogen is gorgeous!!!!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your ring is a real statement piece, I think it would look amazing with a lovely, plain band!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I LOVE the riviera band with a pear! It's very dainty, and the french cuts are so beautiful!

img_12864.jpg

img_12865.jpg

Q

Queenie60

How about a plain engraved band? Take a look at CVB - she has some beautiful, dainty bands that would look great with your ring.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You just took the words out of my mouth!! I was thinking engraved band as well - has antique feel and would compliment your ring without competing.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock

just a follow up - thinking of the Tiffany Milgrain plain wedding band in 2mm as I found one in antique jewelley shop for less than half price..... thoughts?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium

laurenk|1477533788|4090995 said:
just a follow up - thinking of the Tiffany Milgrain plain wedding band in 2mm as I found one in antique jewelley shop for less than half price..... thoughts?

I think that one would be perfect! Is it platinum too?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

This is a great idea! It would have just enough of a delicate touch to compliment the engagement ring without competition, and because there's no diamonds on it, no worries about your rings damaging each other.

Your engagement ring is gorgeous!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you for posting tyty!! These are definitely unique and would sit well with my donut - I wonder if they'd spin around though? My first ering I had needed a notched band and it drove me crazy! I will investigate these! Thank you so much for finding these!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock

Winks_Elf|1477580583|4091148 said:

This is a great idea! It would have just enough of a delicate touch to compliment the engagement ring without competition, and because there's no diamonds on it, no worries about your rings damaging each other.

Your engagement ring is gorgeous!
Thanks Winks! I adore my ering!!! I just feel I need something to say "I'm married" and to delicately finish the set off. :)

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock

soxfan|1477572496|4091096 said:

I think that one would be perfect! Is it platinum too?
Hi sox! How are you? Yes it's platinum and I can't believe my size! I'm just in a negotiation with the store so fingers crossed! How is your journey going? I'm loving all your new pieces still - amazing!

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Just to throw another idea your way - have you considered a band with a spiral twist or 'rope-style' shank? It could enhance a vintage styling to your ring.

Aurora43

Rough_Rock

I have to agree that I think your ering would look stunning without a band on the same finger. However, I also love the look of the Riviera with this type of ering as well. Those two together have no need for a spacer. They look like they were purchased together as a set.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results