shape
carat
color
clarity

Mall Jewelry Stores

SparkleyCarats

Rough_Rock
I have purchased most of my diamond rings at Kay Jewelers in our local mall. Being totally inexperienced at knowing what to look for in a high quality diamond, I have always chosen diamonds that look pretty to me and have gorgeous sparkle. Does this jewelry store and other jewelers that are commonly located inside malls actually sell high quality diamonds?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not usually. Look for GIA graded stone. Most of them sell IGI. You will do MUCH better posting your budget here and getting suggestions. You will get way more for your money!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Sparkley, try using the search function to pull up some threads on mall jewelry stores. There is a lot of great info on types of diamond certificates that mall store use & more on buying diamonds. The people on here are really helpful so post a budget and let them help you if you want to know what you are purchasing. Good luck! :wavey:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the other posters. Under the store lights the stones from Mall jewelers can look fine, especially if you haven't seen many excellent-cut diamonds (which most people havent, prior to coming here of course :) ). But once you compare any of the stones from the mall chains to an ideal/excellent cut stone with good proportions, etc, you'll never go back. Plus the stores have horrible mark-ups so the stones are hugely overpriced, meaning you never get a good (or even fair) deal. I'd post your budget and what you're looking for and let the experts here help you out :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results