shape
carat
color
clarity

Show your colors of the Rainbow! (Including poll)

What rainbow colors do you have (more options possible)

• Red

Votes: 48 45.3%
  • Orange

Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Yellow

Votes: 37 34.9%
  • Green

Votes: 54 50.9%
  • Blue

Votes: 66 62.3%
  • Indigo

Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Violet

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • I have all the colors of the Rainbow in my collection

Votes: 34 32.1%

• Total voters

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PSers are such enablers!!! I am not sure I would even consider CS but now I have 2 stones by Jeff Davies in my cart and am just waiting for the $$ to purchase! 8-) I've enjoyed this thread and can't wait until I can post some fun stones!

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Splendid collection, SparkliesLuver
Do you ever think of creating suits/matching sets? I mean if you create a ring that you like very much, do you try to have another item that matches at least in color?

Ceaho|1462534098|4028021 said:
New settings for my girl

lucky lady :)

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you so much, Gloria! I actually don't. It might be because I'm very much a ring person. I like necklaces and bracelets but I rarely find myself reaching for them. And I have a pair of earrings that I received as a gift from my family, so I wear those everyday.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I understand, I'm a pendant/necklace person, don't remember a time when I did not wear anything around my neck. :lol:

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! I am inspired! :praise: :bigsmile:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank for sharing your red garnet ring Gloria!! What a beauty. A piece of jewelry becomes extra special if it has a special meaning and/or when received as a present :appl:

Ceaho: how thoughtful of you!!! Your lady is a lucky lady. Especially the Emerald earrings are truly special. Hopefully you will also share some handpics when she has received the ring.

Wow Sparkliesluver :love: I love these pics of your rings and stones. I still hope you will create a 'Sparkliesluver's Sparklies' thread with lots of pics so I will covet these in the meantime. You have chosen such beautiful and unique designs for your rings. It's great to see them together. Who is setting the pink stones in the middle for you? Looking forward to see the result. And I can't wait for you to set the Topaz. Your cabs collection is just stunning!! Have we seen the bright blue before (third from left)?? Is it a Paraiba? Are the others gem silica, chalcedony and chrysoprase?

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't opened this thread in ages but it happened to pop up when I had just taken a picture of my multi-colour ring today for my records.

But first, so many beauties :love: ...and sparklieslover, while I've always envied your CS rings, your cabs have my envy for your collection growing. Agree with Acinom..start a thread please.

So, I wasn't going to post this because admittedly it's GAUDY and not for most. It's missing yellow (unless you count the gold lol) but otherwise, it definitely has all the colors in one place :lol:

gaudygarnetring_final.jpg

background: I love love garnets...to me they come in so many great colors and I love the look of surprise when I tell someone who admires one of mine that "It's a garnet". So I've long wanted to put together a piece that showed the "rainbow" of garnet colors. Anyway, my jeweler had this setting in his scrap pile and it seemed ideal IF it was possible to set stones into it. As Yvonne and I discussed other projects, I sent her a picture of the empty setting asked her what she thought of my idea. She honestly replied "gaudy". But I wanted her to do it as I trusted her eye for picking the best colors and if anyone could pull it off, it would be her setter Pierre...so here is the result of the "gaudy garnet" project. (Hopefully, she isn't cringing at me associating her with this --- the idea/want was all mine, she just helped execute it perfectly). The garnets include red antill, tsavorites, spessartites, color change, purple/grape garnets, mint garnets and a russian demantoid.

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
lilmosun. I LOVE your gaudy garnet ring. The colors are beautiful. I just heard about it so what a coincidence you posted a picture! The yellow gold really helps the stones to pop !! I have a fantasy of making a harem ring with a bunch of smaller highly saturated stones.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Acinom!

Wow, the colors on that ring, lilmosun!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lilmosun: I love the risks you take! I think your "gaudy" ring is awesome. I would rename it your "confident" ring because it smacks of your confidence and knowledge in its fruition. :))

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG lilmosun every post I read from you makes me feel like we're long lost twins :lol: I seem to have the exact same taste as you! Yes it's gaudy and yes its gorgeous. I can't wait to one day have a pendant like this!!!!!!!!!!

Defo saving your pic as inspiration....

P's I'm so so happy you ended up posting it here; sometimes I get tired of seeing the 'usual' styles lol so it's so refreshing to see something so different here!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for all the nice comments...a nice surprise as I know its out there :)

Sungura - I can only imagine what you heard about this ring :lol:

Minous - I think I will always think if it as my gaudy ring...in all of our communications, Yvonne and I never referred to it as anything but the "gaudy project"...so its like a pet-name to me but I feel much more "confident" that someone with your expertise/eye approves.

Gloria27 - thank you...I did try to stick with top colored stones...the variety and relative affordability is why I love garnets!

theredspinel - if your taste runs all over the place as long as there is finger coverage, then we are indeed twins :think: If it helps, this was budget friendly with the labor (which was still very reasonable given the number of stones) probably being a good part of the cost.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Limosun what a gorgeous ring! I love all of the colors, and how saturated they all are. It definitely packs a punch, and I like Minous' idea about the "confident" ring :)

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1462679839|4028864 said:
Limosun what a gorgeous ring! I love all of the colors, and how saturated they all are. It definitely packs a punch, and I like Minous' idea about the "confident" ring :)

Thank you! Admittedly, it took two passes to get the effect I envisioned. The first try was pretty but I wanted it GAUDIER :cheeky: So Yvonne replaced a couple of lighter malaya garnets and added more of the saturated garnets (including the anthills I got from Bob W at rwgems) to fill it in more.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lilmosun!!! You truly do magic with small and vibrant stones. I love your ring. It looks like a bowl with wonderful fruits. Very very tasteful indeed :love: :love: :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1462692983|4028907 said:
lilmosun!!! You truly do magic with small and vibrant stones. I love your ring. It looks like a bowl with wonderful fruits. Very very tasteful indeed :love: :love: :love:

Perfectly said. I could not agree more!

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you very much for all your kind words, Acinom. :) I'm not sure I have a collection that's worthy of an entire thread, but maybe someday. :naughty: David Klass will most likely be the one who sets the two in-progress rings. I have some ideas for the topaz but that'll probably be a late 2017 project. I believe I posted one picture of it in the Catch All Thread but that's it. It's a tourmaline but not a Paraiba. I wish! ;-) A paraiba cab is actually on my list but that won't be happening any time soon. :lol: My cabs from left to right are aquaprase, Namibian blue chalcedony, tourmaline and chrysoprase. Gem silica is also on my list - I love that stuff! But right now I must focus and bring these two rings to life. :)

S

SparkliesLuver

Aw, you're sweet, lilmosun. Thank you very much. :) Which one catches your eye the most? Maybe I could help you acquire one. :naughty: And I have to comment on your gaudy ring. I actually like it too! I think it's out there and fun, and I enjoy all the color.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the others that the ring is very pretty and you have a knack for choosing vibrant colored gems. :appl:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wanted to resurrect this thread because I got a new phone (with a much better camera!) and finally got all of my rings out for a photo shoot :)

I apologize in advance for my nails--I've never been able to leave them alone so they are always ugly :sick:

Collage%202016-07-21%2021_25_29.jpg Collage%202016-07-21%2021_24_27.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing DanJ! I especially love your black opal.

Wow lovedogs!!! You have acquired quite an amazing CS ring collection. Beautiful rainbow colors. Your new heart shaped ring in YG with the orangish stone is such a beauty as well. :love: What kind of stone is it?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1469177484|4058265 said:
Thanks for sharing DanJ! I especially love your black opal.

Wow lovedogs!!! You have acquired quite an amazing CS ring collection. Beautiful rainbow colors. Your new heart shaped ring in YG with the orangish stone is such a beauty as well. :love: What kind of stone is it?[/b

Thanks! It's a spessartite garnet from Jason Brim that was recut by Dan Stair to make it less deep (it was originally very deep and would have been difficult to set in a ring). I haven't taken it off since receiving it which is fairly rare for me. I just love it and it's so different from everything else I have since I'm typically drawn to white metal and blue/green stones (as my collection clearly indicates! :lol: )

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just blue now. I sold off my two colored for a CVB riviera band and funds to set my zircon. Here she is:

img_12371.jpg

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
lovedogs - wow, thats a great collection! I love that 5-stone (sapphire?) on your middle finger. So much blue!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chroman|1469335471|4058769 said:
lovedogs - wow, thats a great collection! I love that 5-stone (sapphire?) on your middle finger. So much blue!

Thanks, Chroman! Yup, the 5-stone is a sapphire and one of my favorites by Michael E. The middle stone is an aussie sapphire that is often very dark but in sun has great flashes of blue/green. I sometimes play around with the idea of getting a brighter/lighter center stone, but love the ring so much I don't want to mess with it.

Also it's really funny to me how much brighter the stone looks now vs. when I originally got it (I was living in the Northeast and now live in Southern CA). The center stone definitely shows more of the blue green flash now as opposed to then and makes me happy :)

Here's the original thread, btw in case you're curious. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/5-stone-sapphire-trellis-ring-project-with-michael-e.216130/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/5-stone-sapphire-trellis-ring-project-with-michael-e.216130/[/URL]

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the eye candies everyone, keep them coming! :love:

I am about to add a colour to my collection in the form of a ring with a blue green Tourmaline by Gene, and shall come back with a pic or two once I have it in my hand.

DK :))

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1477228911|4089762 said:
Updated rainbow photo.

Any new rainbows to share?

Acinom, what a bad girl! You are missing my favorite color, orange. This is probably not an oversight on you part, and its probably that you don't like orange, but there are so many variations...now quick get busy! :Up_to_something:

DK: can't wait to see your rainbow. :praise:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results