shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it True That Nobody is Buying Gemstones Right Now?

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Mochiko, Lady D, thank you you guys! I do think there are some really good deals on LT too. And Gene, sorry for disappointing you but I just sold one of your stones for $100 less than my purchasing price :(. I guess with LT being flooded by a few vendors, the real deals are not easy to be found so when we are to sell collections only a crazy low price can make a stone eye catching.
Another puzzle is the vintage jewelrys on LT, seems there are so many vintage gold pieces owned by private sellers? To me when all of your sale items fall into a same category and seems repeating themselves, chances that I will probably consider them products, rather than pre loved collections.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I don't know if there was a correlation to this thread, but I was pleased to see that for a few days, all the Trade members stopped posting on Loupe Troop. Unfortunately, it did not last long and one of the most prodigious posters is back at it :roll:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
haha Minous I also noticed that! I was hoping it would stay that way since I am trying to sell a few things but my posts get buried almost instantly with so many ones from vendors :(

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1462758994|4029137 said:
Well, I don't know if there was a correlation to this thread, but I was pleased to see that for a few days, all the Trade members stopped posting on Loupe Troop. Unfortunately, it did not last long and one of the most prodigious posters is back at it :roll:
Is there any other way to keep the pressure up?

Lula

Ideal_Rock
caf|1461815398|4024464 said:
Chrono|1461771083|4024186 said:
PrecisionGem|1461770471|4024184 said:
I just had a look at Loupe Troop. I'm surprised at the number of dealers selling there. I'm not sure how I would feel about that if I were a non trade person listing stones there. I also wonder if it is a good idea for dealers to list stones there. :confused:
Gene,
Many of us are also unhappy with how Trade members are deliberately flooding both LoupeTroop and DiamondBistro, but unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about it. When window shopping or shopping for a particular stone, I make sure to only buy from sellers who are not in the Trade. I also deliberately do not purchase from these same sellers outside of LT and DB.

Ditto.

Thritto.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
minousbijoux|1461777952|4024221 said:
Chrono|1461771083|4024186 said:
PrecisionGem|1461770471|4024184 said:
I just had a look at Loupe Troop. I'm surprised at the number of dealers selling there. I'm not sure how I would feel about that if I were a non trade person listing stones there. I also wonder if it is a good idea for dealers to list stones there. :confused:
Gene,
Many of us are also unhappy with how Trade members are deliberately flooding both LoupeTroop and DiamondBistro, but unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about it. When window shopping or shopping for a particular stone, I make sure to only buy from sellers who are not in the Trade. I also deliberately do not purchase from these same sellers outside of LT and DB.

I couldn't agree more with both of you. This is discussed off the board in multiple groups with many deciding not to buy from those Trade members who post there. The owners of LT have been approached and many of us have shared our feedback with them, but given that they sponsor LT as a generous labor of love and never signed up for monitoring duty, to date nothing has happened. Oh well.

This is sad. Especially since what happened to vickigigi lately, LT could be a really helpful place for her to unloading her stuff. I hope she can have a great return on her collections. Even collectors like vickigigi in such a position are aware of not flooding LT yet several vendors aren't, I deliberately do not purchase from these sellers as well, not on LT, not on FB.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results