shape
carat
color
clarity

Under 1ct diamonds

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mdubaj08 - looks SO pretty on your beautiful hand!

MrsMagpie

Rough_Rock
I love the variety of shapes and sizes in this thread!

I initially came to PS seeking information about gets rings re-set/redesigned, but I ended up finding new things to love. Whoops!!

For the last 10 years I've had this set. The stone (.74 ct, G, VS1) will likely stay, but the setting will be replaced. It's a long story, but its too clunky feeling for the stone I think and the head makes it virtually impossible to clean. Was great for a while but I am so excited to choose something I love!! It will be something with an Art Deco feel to go with my step cut :)

_dsc6806.jpg

OldLady

Rough_Rock
Hi, I am new here :wavey: I really love this topic, i am huge fan of smaller diamonds! :love:

JMK

Rough_Rock
Vintage Art Deco, .5ct (5.1mm x 5.2mm) H VS1, late transitional OEC / early modern cut, set in platinum with 6 single-cut shoulder stones, ring size 6.

imag2539_2.jpg

imag2539.jpg

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
JMK|1473429725|4074571 said:
Vintage Art Deco, .5ct (5.1mm x 5.2mm) H VS1, late transitional OEC / early modern cut, set in platinum with 6 single-cut shoulder stones, ring size 6.

JMK - I adore your ring! I love rings from this era. It just goes to show that a diamond doesn't have to be big for the ring to have a lot of punch.

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love looking through all of the gorgeous rings in this thread! Here is my estate case find, 1/3carat transitional with a very small cutlet set in platinum. I wear it as a pinky ring!

_38266.jpg

_38267.jpg

jennkayy

Rough_Rock
In the process of being set, i may or may not have snooped and found a picture and the certificate :D

Ideal Cut .73 F VVS1
:love: :love: :love: :love: :pray: hopefully i get it soon :pray:

img_12945.jpg

Shondra

Rough_Rock
I've been going though this thread to get some inspiration, and ya'll have some really beautiful bling out there. Some of these stones are just classic.

Dakota

Rough_Rock
I have no pictures to share at this time, but diamonds this size have an understated elegance about them. I have never been a fan of big "gaudy" looking stones. There is a certain elegance about the ones shown here that I would be willing to pay top dollar for.

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Here's my vintage 1930's Jabel e-ring...worn next to 21kt wedding band.

Specs on the ring:
Center diamond is an OEC, 4.36mm diameter estimated at .35ct, small culet and small table, H/I, super eye clean.
Shoulder stones are 1mm single cuts, G/H/I.
14k & 18k gold - head is white gold, shank is yellow gold
size 4.5
total rise off finger is 5mm
hand inscribed inside with "R.F. to C.G. 12-12-39" - I love thinking about the history of this ring!

I use my hands a lot, so a low profile ring was important to me...I couldn't wear anything that protruded farther out, and even this relatively low ring is a bit high for me sometimes.

You can sort of see the inscription in this last photo.

img_14352.jpg

img_14353.jpg

img_14354.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm excited to be able to contribute to this thread. My beloved grandmother passed away in March of 2016, and recently her beautiful engagement ring made its way to me, via my aunt. I never had a traditional E-ring, because my husband and I didn't really have the money to purchase a center stone (in 2009) - we chose an eternity band instead because I love the look and it was a more affordable option. I always said that eventually, when the opportunity arose and we had the money, I would make a nice set set with either a three stone ring or a solitaire.

I was extremely close to my Gram, and I was really overwhelmed to receive this ring. My grandparents met in the 4th grade and both passed away this year months apart from each other, at ages 92 and 93. Their love story was EPIC, and I'm so happy to have the ring that symbolized such a great love. She had TINY fingers, so the ring is being resized, and there's a chip in the diamond, so it needs to be polished.

This is the only picture I have until it comes back to me, in about a month - the jeweler said it was somewhere between a .6 and .75 carat diamond, and I think it's perfect. My finger is a size 7 - here it is with my engagement eternity band, which is how I plan to wear it when it comes back from the jeweler's.

_6399.jpeg

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Violet what a touching story about your grandmother's ring. I know you must be excitedly awaiting its return. And really pretty bgd set Vengb.... I like that it gives you something special to enjoy even without tilting your hand to admire the ring from the top!

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My 0.75 carat heart cut diamond solitaire, F colour, IF clarity, seen here on a 2.75 ring size finger.
The ring design is inspired by the love for music and nature: the scrolls seen in the side profile resemble "f" sound holes in string instruments, while the prongs and basket are petal-shaped. In memory of my grandmother, I have repurposed mêlée diamonds from her old jewelry for the side profile of my ring.

20161001_183127_2_.jpg
20170201_162931_2_.jpg 20161005_165357_2_.jpg
20161001_231255.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sparkle_ruckle|1485964694|4122860 said:
My 0.75 carat heart cut diamond solitaire, F colour, IF clarity, seen here on a 2.75 ring size finger.
The ring design is inspired by the love for music and nature: the scrolls seen in the side profile resemble "f" sound holes in string instruments, while the prongs and basket are petal-shaped. In memory of my grandmother, I have repurposed mêlée diamonds from her old jewelry for the side profile of my ring.

20161001_183127_2_.jpg

20161001_231255.jpg

Sparkle-ruckle -

One of the most beautiful settings I've ever seen on PriceScope.

Congratulations on your gorgeous and sentimental piece. Wear in good health!

pammbw

Rough_Rock
I was going through this thread looking to see what different size diamonds look like on different size fingers (planning a 25 year anniversary ring) and realized that there is a lack of larger size fingers with smaller size stones. I thought I would add mine to the mix so others can get an idea of what a larger ring size looks like. It's not a solitaire, but I will admit to liking a little more bling, and small rings tend to get lost on me. At the time this was purchased 25 years ago, we didn't have much money and I knew nothing about diamonds, but I think we did pretty well anyway. I love the ring and wouldn't change it for the world. Center stone is about .30ct and total for the ring is about 1.1ct. Ring size is 7.5. I don't have specs as it is an ungraded diamond purchased from the long defunct Best Jewelers.

ring__600x800_.jpg

Vogue

Shiny_Rock
All of these are soooo beautiful. I'm reading this thread to tide me over until my 0.52 ct pear has a setting, and I think it's only making things worse!!

Sparkle_ruckle, your heart ring is divine, and I love the band details with your grandmother's melee. Is the ring comfortable to wear?

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi Vogue! Thank you for liking my ring! It's very comfortable to wear. Is the yellow stone in your display pic the stone you are setting? It looks like a beautiful drop of golden sunshine. Do post photos of your ring too once you get it done!

Vogue

Shiny_Rock

jennkayy

Rough_Rock
Hey ya'll update, finally got the finished product!!!! E-ring set into the enhancer we picked out. All ready for the wedding band to be added! (08/27/17)

specs:

ring size: 7
Ideal Cut .73 F VVS1 center stone round cut.

Pave band - .25 carats
pave double enhancer- ~.6 carats

Total ring carat weight: 1.6carats

image1__1_8.jpg

image2__3_0.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results