shape
carat
color
clarity

ACA Princess cut with feathers in corners

spurnoff

Rough_Rock
Hi,
Just after some input on ACA Princess that I'm interested in. I have been drawn to the diamond by its quite flawless table but the catch is there are feathers in two corners. I'm aware that princess cuts are vulnerable to chipping at the corner so the concern is that the feather will exacerbate that risk. I would have disregarded the diamond but the fact it's ACA means that a brand with quite high standards deems the feathers as a non-issue. I talked to a sales rep about my concerns and they told me the feathers weren't a concern but that is hardly an independent opinion. Do people think the feather will be an issue?

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut-loose-diamond-3712683.htm#

feather2_0.jpg
feather3.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It would not be okay with me.

Aurora43

Rough_Rock
Obviously this is something you are concerned about. Therefore, if you purchase this diamond you are always going to worry that the feathers are going to turn into severe chips that ruin the appearance of the diamond. I think I would prefer to find a diamond that does not have feathers so I could avoid this concern all together.

spurnoff

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input and you're correct I think it would play on my mind too much. My jeweler who will set the ring also said they don't want to see a diamond with feathers around the edge.

I've moved onto this diamond and would like some second opinions please. My concern with it is it has a lot of inclusions on the table (more than comparable VS2 diamonds) as it has 8 inclusions. Now I have been assured it's eye clean and the rep also took out this diamond with 2 others I asked if they could look at and this diamond was the cleanest under magnification. Am I worrying over nothing here RE the inclusions on the table?

1_477.jpg

The diamond is here http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut-loose-diamond-3699537.htm

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As the Whiteflash diamond is VS2 then the feather would have no depth to it and would be fine. I don't like
inclusions under the table.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
As a vendor, I can't make any sort of comment on the diamond of another seller.
As a diamond grader, I can tell you that trying to use the plot on a lab report will lead to totally inconsistent results.
This means that a VS2 plot which has a lot of stuff in it might actually be far preferable to a plot with only one mark on it.

I also agree that, in general, a VS2 graded feather would not concern me. Especially if you can speak with a vendor who has the diamond so they can answer specific questions while examining the diamond.

spurnoff

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback Rockdiamond. That makes perfect sense. The amount of inclusions on the table shouldn't be an issue if it's still eye clean and the fact I have been told it's the cleanest under magnification even with all those inclusions indicates it's possibly a more suitable pick than a similar VS2 with 1 inclusion that is more obvious inside of 10 inches.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results