shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I being scammed? Warning for those selling...

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium
She contacted me today also!! Old listing and I responded BEFORE i saw this thread! Yikes!! I hope LT doesn't reveal our our names .... :-o

GLbluegreen

Shiny_Rock
Mine was an old listing as well. She probably thinks that because they have been listed so long that we would be excited to have a bite on the line so late in the game. I simply didn't reply back.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I heard back from Loupe Troop about my report, and they have now flagged the account, and "she" will not be able to send any more messages to people on LT.

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My listing was old as well. Interestingly, it's not the first scammer I've had, but this new person's name did not show up when I searched for the name plus scam. The first person did, and that's how I discovered "she" was a scammer. It was one of those "I'll send you a check with extra money on it".

GLbluegreen

Shiny_Rock
Tourmaline- Thank you for reporting this scammer. Life is complicated enough without having to deal with this kind of nonsense.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
GLbluegreen|1476645408|4087696 said:
Tourmaline- Thank you for reporting this scammer. Life is complicated enough without having to deal with this kind of nonsense.

No problem. I agree.

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Tourmaline|1476650188|4087707 said:
GLbluegreen|1476645408|4087696 said:

No problem. I agree.
Yes thank you so much!!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep she got me too! I emailed back and forth for a couple of days, feeling like something wasn't right. Sure enough, I posted here and caught on before I gave her any of my info!

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was just selling something completely unrelated from a "Tom East" [email protected]

"Hi,

Sorry i had to text you as am hearing impaired, I am very keen. How i wish i could come and have a look as am currently away with work at the moment and i will like you to help me post it to my son in Newcastle,UK.

I want it as a birthday gift for him. I would like it posted via Royalmail next day delivery. I will cover postage cost. I will paying via Paypal/Bank transfer as advised by Gumtree.I don't know much about gadgets but if you can let me know your asking price then i think we should be able to sort something out.

Thanks"

I searched the email and it turns out he's a common offender across multiple different sites. This is just a heads up in case you get a similar email.

I went along with it to get an address of postage to submit to the police. I received an email from [email protected] (which looked entirely reasonable) stating the funds have reached my account but they will be released when I supply a tracking number. Obviously this doesn't work when I actually log into pay pal. I received two different scammers in 2 days within hours of listing. Ridiculous

bluelotus

Shiny_Rock
Yikes!! I received the same for my Loupetroop listing! I was happy to receive a message at first but when she requested personal information and stated she would only pay with a certified check I figured it was a scam. A quick search under the name she uses shows a record of two arrests.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I got one too. It was all fine till she tells me about an accident and her father dying. No one has that much bad luck. Unfortunately she has my name and address. What now?

ededdeddy

Rough_Rock
She sent me a fake certified check through FedEx and told me to deposit it, deduct what my item was going to sell for, and send her a Western Union money gram. Unfortunately she/he has my name and address, but I didn't take the bait as far as the depositing the check goes. I told her I was reporting her to the police. Hopefully that's the end of it. I googled her too and she did that to someone on a wedding forum.

I wonder if I should continue to engage with her/him or let her know that I know she's a fraud. I found the real person on Facebook, I haven't sent her a message but the last name the scammer is using is her maiden name.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results