shape
carat
color
clarity

Beauty Products You Are Loving...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Momhappy, does this sunscreen work well under makeup? Does it leave a white cast? That's the hardest thing about sunscreens for me.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Momhappy, does this sunscreen work well under makeup? Does it leave a white cast? That's the hardest thing about sunscreens for me.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I don't wear a lot of face make-up (foundation, etc.), so I don't know how well it would work underneath. It has a very smooth finish, so I'm guessing it would be okay. I wear it alone and because it's tinted, it offers a little bit of coverage (with no white cast).

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the response! Hmmm, I find tinted sunscreens to be a problem sometimes as well. I have the Avene sunscreen, and it leaves an awful cast on my skin - the tint is still too light. Tried going back to the Obagi, and the octinoxate made my cheeks irritated again. But the Missha is a little too heavy for summertime application on my t-zone.

On the makeup front, I tried MUFE - and remembered why I really liked the foundation. The color was spot on perfect for my summer shade, and didn't irritate my skin.

I also came across Jaclyn Hill's LE champagne pop palette. Sold out online, but when I popped into Sephora for Belif's aqua bomb gel moisturizer, I saw a huge stack in the store. Apparently, it just got restocked the night before. Pricey palette, but comes with 3 blushes and 2 highlighters. OMG, huge payoff - lots of glow! I've been watching her tuts on her YouTube channel. Love, love this palette! :love: :love:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Yimmers|1467595751|4051196 said:
Thanks for the response! Hmmm, I find tinted sunscreens to be a problem sometimes as well. I have the Avene sunscreen, and it leaves an awful cast on my skin - the tint is still too light. Tried going back to the Obagi, and the octinoxate made my cheeks irritated again. But the Missha is a little too heavy for summertime application on my t-zone.

On the makeup front, I tried MUFE - and remembered why I really liked the foundation. The color was spot on perfect for my summer shade, and didn't irritate my skin.

I also came across Jaclyn Hill's LE champagne pop palette. Sold out online, but when I popped into Sephora for Belif's aqua bomb gel moisturizer, I saw a huge stack in the store. Apparently, it just got restocked the night before. Pricey palette, but comes with 3 blushes and 2 highlighters. OMG, huge payoff - lots of glow! I've been watching her tuts on her YouTube channel. Love, love this palette! :love: :love:

I wanted to get her palette but I had JUST repurchased champagne pop like a week earlier and I couldn't justify spending more on her palette when a good chunk of it was champagne pop. I do LOVE her collab with Becca!

P

PierreBear

So much is going on in this thread and I'm sure this has already been discussed already... but does anyone have a moisturizer they would recommend that you can get at Sephora that does not have spf in it and doesn't leave your face feeling oily? I used to wear Shiseido everything and then branched out to Perricone MD. I'm sure I've tried various samples here and there and all the results seem the same so would appreciate some affordable recommendations please!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Pierrebear, I've switched to using Belif Aqua Bomb just on my t-zone during these summer months. I'd ask for a sample to see if it works or if it's still too thick for you.

If you're concerned about being oily, I would stick to gel moisturizers.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven't seen much of an update from the usual posters. I've been a little naughty and dabbled with some ginseng products and the results have been very surprising. My skin became very supple and soft overnight, although it is too rich and started to clog my cheeks a little, so I have to tweak my routine to tone it down. It's probably great for a dry winter but too heavy for a humid summer.

I also did some testing to reconfirm / dispel what I think might be my skin triggers. It is interesting how this changed since my skin's moisture barrier was repaired. Ingredients that I couldn't tolerate at all can now be used in small amounts.

Avoid at all costs
Fatty Alcohols (cetyl, stearyl, and cetearyl alcohol) commonly found in coconut and palm oil - causes breakouts
Triethanolamine - causes breakouts
Lemon oil - makes my face itch
Galactomyces/saccharomyces ferment filtrate - makes my face itch / red

Only in small amounts
Silicone - I don't like the feel of it.
Alcohol
Honey

Have not retested
Snail
Mineral Oil
Olive Oil

I normally don't wear makeup unless attending an event but I'm expecting to receive my new Iope Cushion XP today. I can't wait to try it out!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yimmers, I love this sunscreen. Doesn't make me shiny, the tint is less than tinted moisturizers so it doesn't change your color - it's just enough not to have the white cast of most sunscreen and doesn't burn my eyes. It was on the EPA list of "good" sunscreens when I researched it a couple of years back.

_37797.jpg

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^I posted that same sunscreen just a short while ago. I can find it at my local Target and I've seen it at my local drugstores too. It's one of my favorites.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy said:
^I posted that same sunscreen just a short while ago. I can find it at my local Target and I've seen it at my local drugstores too. It's one of my favorites.

Sorry, which sunscreen is this?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^The one just above in the image posted by kgizo (La Roche Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Tinted SPF 50)

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy said:
^The one just above in the image posted by kgizo (La Roche Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Tinted SPF 50)

Ok thank you! Sometimes the photos don't show up on my phone >.<

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really great air dry top coat! I actually got it as a freebie from Sally's for buying something else (a few regular OPI polishes, I think) a month or so ago. This stuff is awesome! I put one coat on my regular (non-gel) polish a week ago, making sure to wrap the tips, and I have had zero chips/peeling of polish, something I normally deal with in 3-4 days warranting remover & repolish, as I'm a little hard on my hands and wash them multiple times/day, yard work, dishes, etc. It dries fast (touchable in 4 mins), and it kept a stellar high-shine for the entire week.

I just applied another coat, just to see how long I can keep my week-old polish going. :dance:

Retails for about $8.

Link: http://www.sallybeauty.com/diamond-top-coat/SBS-299000,default,pd.html

top_coat.jpg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know if I had posted on here about the really bad eczema problems I've been having for the past year and a half... anyway... we finally figured out what caused it... SOAPS. Facewashes. Cleansers. Anything with soapy stuff in it. They're almost all derived from coconut plants and apparently I'm now allergic to many coconut derivatives. So now I don't get to wash with soap which is... weird. I'm still shampooing which means the eczema around the backs of my ears won't go away, but I've stopped using cleanser on my face entirely and it has all cleared up. I'm just using mineral oil to remove makeup right now and then washing with water. It's... unusual... for me.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Lately I am loving this stuff for makeup removal/face cleansing. So gentle and leaves my skin feeling so soft!
micellar_water.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have extremely sensitive skin and most sunscreens burn/sting my face. The only two that don't are 1) La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 melt-in cream, and 2) Ombrelle 60 sunscreen cream for face. Both combine mineral and chemical sunscreens, offer UVA and UVB protection, are quite thick/moisturizing (I have dry skin, but have been using the Ombrelle since my 20s without it breaking me out), and give a strong white cast that goes away when you rub it in. They sit fine under foundation without peeking through. But I am very fair so I can't speak for how they'd do on dark skin. The Ombrelle is half the price of the La Roche-Posay, so I tend to use it.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cmd2014|1476755964|4088103 said:
I have extremely sensitive skin and most sunscreens burn/sting my face. The only two that don't are 1) La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 melt-in cream, and 2) Ombrelle 60 sunscreen cream for face. Both combine mineral and chemical sunscreens, offer UVA and UVB protection, are quite thick/moisturizing (I have dry skin, but have been using the Ombrelle since my 20s without it breaking me out), and give a strong white cast that goes away when you rub it in. They sit fine under foundation without peeking through. But I am very fair so I can't speak for how they'd do on dark skin. The Ombrelle is half the price of the La Roche-Posay, so I tend to use it.

I love the La Roche Posay Anthelios - I've never tried the Ombrelle but it being half the price of the Anthelios sounds great. I'm going to check it out when I run out!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For Xmas my mom asked for footcare products as her feet get very dry and cracked in the winter. I like Gehwol and Ahava. Any other recommendations? Thanks.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kgizo this is a little bit of an off-the-wall rec but lately I've been using magnesium oil because I have to supplement with magnesium but oral supplements give me terrible stomach cramps, and the bottle says to spray it on the soles of my feet and jfc my feet have never looked so nice. I can also definitely tell a difference in muscle aches all over - it is the most difference-making supplement I've ever used, and I find it really bizarre that it's a topical one. You can order it on Amazon or wherever, just search for magnesium oil.

I'm also a big fan of those weird gel socks.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
kgizo|1476793956|4088184 said:
For Xmas my mom asked for footcare products as her feet get very dry and cracked in the winter. I like Gehwol and Ahava. Any other recommendations? Thanks.
My husband freaking swears by O'Keefes working feet.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
distracts|1476813873|4088304 said:
Kgizo this is a little bit of an off-the-wall rec but lately I've been using magnesium oil because I have to supplement with magnesium but oral supplements give me terrible stomach cramps, and the bottle says to spray it on the soles of my feet and jfc my feet have never looked so nice. I can also definitely tell a difference in muscle aches all over - it is the most difference-making supplement I've ever used, and I find it really bizarre that it's a topical one. You can order it on Amazon or wherever, just search for magnesium oil.

I'm also a big fan of those weird gel socks.

If you need oral magnesium suppplementation, Dr's Best High Absorption 100% Chelated. On short list of Approved/Consumer Labs. I've taken it for years, good stuff.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the rec, Azstonie. I've put it in my Amazon cart and will give it a shot. I've found the topical to reduce my symptoms (mostly muscular stuff - I have TMJ disorder and grind my teeth and applying it to my neck reduces muscle clenching/tooth grinding and associated achiness - I also have had less muscle soreness in general since starting to use it, even after exercise, and no muscle cramping) but it would be great to find oral supplements that work.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Distracts and ame - thanks! I will check those out.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Chrono,how do you like the Iope cushion?

I am in need of a new eye cream, one without niacinamide, because I am sensitive to that ingredient. I just finished up one from Philosophy and didn't find that it was moisturizing enough for my skin.

Any suggestions?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yimmers|1477286515|4089918 said:
Chrono,how do you like the Iope cushion?
Love it. Medium coverage, lasts about 8 hours, and makes my skin bright without stifling it. It does take a while for that pasty white look to go away though, so the longer I have it on, the more natural it looks. :lol:

I am in need of a new eye cream, one without niacinamide, because I am sensitive to that ingredient. I just finished up one from Philosophy and didn't find that it was moisturizing enough for my skin. Any suggestions?
I have no idea. I've been putting all my usual products all the way up to the eye area. My products are all light and watery though, so they don't clog up the delicate eye area. I've also had to give creams up completely due to my sensitivity to fatty alcohol.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I found a new site recently...
https://www.skinsafeproducts.com/

It allows you to filter specific allergens they have set up as standard. If your doctor has an account on there, you can get a Personal Allergen Code where your doctor sets up ALL your allergens and then you can filter out those specific allergens at once.

Pretty awesome.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1476726927|4087973 said:
Really great air dry top coat! I actually got it as a freebie from Sally's for buying something else (a few regular OPI polishes, I think) a month or so ago. This stuff is awesome! I put one coat on my regular (non-gel) polish a week ago, making sure to wrap the tips, and I have had zero chips/peeling of polish, something I normally deal with in 3-4 days warranting remover & repolish, as I'm a little hard on my hands and wash them multiple times/day, yard work, dishes, etc. It dries fast (touchable in 4 mins), and it kept a stellar high-shine for the entire week.

I just applied another coat, just to see how long I can keep my week-old polish going. :dance:

Retails for about $8.

Link: http://www.sallybeauty.com/diamond-top-coat/SBS-299000,default,pd.html

Jen - I had to pop in to thank you for posting this find. I got it because of your post. I was trying to wear a silver nail polish (Halloween! :D ) that pealed and scraped from the get-go because the polish contained so many solids. I got a bottle of this stuff at Sally's, and voila - I got at least five very good days of wear out of my polish! I didn't start to have problems until I washed two cars without wearing gloves.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Target's Dec beauty box has a trial size of the "La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Sunscreen* 100% mineral sunscreen offers antioxidant-rich protection in a lightweight, tinted formula".

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Two years ago I bought Revive's glycolic two step facial . I was happy with it, but not the price. So when it came time to replace it I looked around and decided to try L'Oreal's Revita Lift Bright Revel. I am really liking this. The pads are a bit large, so I cut them in half. And my favorite feature is the price: $20.00 as opposed to Revive's $300.

I've been using this 4-5 times a week and am really happy with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results