color
clarity

Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fans

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fan

HI:

The June 2016 "InStyle" magazine has an spread on jewelery pp 124-8.

Listed amongst "The Now and Forevers" are: VCA vintage Alhambra ('68), Cartier Love bracelet, early 70's), Yurman cable bracelet ('83) and Bvlgari B-Zero ring (1999).

cheers--Sharon

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal|1462983756|4030266 said:
HI:

Listed amongst "The Now and Forevers" are: VCA vintage Alhambra ('68), Cartier Love bracelet, early 70's), Yurman cable bracelet ('83) and Bvlgari B-Zero ring (1999).

cheers--Sharon
I have the B-Zero ring and I'm not sure that its a timeless piece. I fell out of love with it very quickly and have not worn in years. My biggest peeve with it is you absolutely CANNOT wash your hands wearing it because it takes HOURS to dry :knockout:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CareBear|1462987889|4030304 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon
I have the B-Zero ring and I'm not sure that its a timeless piece. I fell out of love with it very quickly and have not worn in years. My biggest peeve with it is you absolutely CANNOT wash your hands wearing it because it takes HOURS to dry :knockout:

My husband read the article (he loves those mags more than me) and said he loves his BZero ring. It is his wedding band and the favorite wedding band he has owned.

C'est la vie!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love the JUC. I think it's an interesting piece, feminine yet edgy and modern at the same time. I picture a very stylish woman wearing it.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I want a JUC! I think it would look good on my left wrist. I would stack JUC, fitbit, then tennis bracelet. I like how I'm round like the nail shaft with a pointed wit (ok, I have my rose tinted lenses on as I look at myself in the mirror :naughty: ). And I kinda like that whenever I put the JUC on, I can tell my DH and my cats, "JUC's on me!" ... like "joke's on me" :errrr: :dance: :confused: :lol: I think that a JUC will make a nice present for one of these two milestones - paying 10% off the mortgage principal or 40th birthday - whichever comes first.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

HI:

cheers--Sharon

That's a good list - I'd tend to agree :D

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

PintoBean|1462906035|4029871 said:
O...M...G... it just dawned on me. Geebus - :oops: You can go to Cartier to get SCREWED, and/or go to Cartier to get NAILED :o :oops: :shock: :???: but sometimes, when you go to Cartier, it's truly all about LOVE!

Am I the last one to figure this out?!?!?! I think I like Cartier even more now - because that's pretty darn funny! :naughty: :dance: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is HILARIOUS!! :lol: :appl:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think I may have to eat my words! :rodent:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Loving everyone's pieces, some delicious eye candy here!

While idly browsing the Gucci website I discovered they have a fine jewellery line, some of it is really beautiful. This bangle caught my eye as a possible Love alternative,

https://media.gucci.com/style/DarkGray_Center_0_0_2400x2400/1460134812/434528_J85G0_8062_001_100_0000_Light-Icon-bracelet-in-yellow-gold.jpg

I don't see Gucci mentioned much in relation to jewellery, is this new for them? I wonder if some of these will turn into classic pieces?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have to resurrect this thread, just to say I'm totally drooling over so many Van Cleef pieces....OMG, they're soooooo gorgeous!! :love: :love: :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My little carnelian sweet! :D :appl: :love:

vca_together.jpg

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

Very pretty, LLJsmom and they look lovely on you!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

momhappy|1466969471|4048580 said:
Very pretty, LLJsmom and they look lovely on you!

Momhappy, thank you so much. I'm loving the colors.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi ladies, I need a little help and perspective heRe so I thought this is the place. I have been doing a little VCA damage during my stress times and I need help deciding whether to keep this holiday pendant. I've been on tPF and you know how HARDCORE those VCA enthusiasts are. Any VCA is good VCA. I don't disagree. But from a girl that is on a budget and can only get a little every now and then I need to be picky.

I love his pendant. It's really beautiful on. The workmanship is stunning. I feel so special wearing it. But, I don't LOVE the onyx on me cause I think it doesn't complement my more olive complexion. I actually really like the MOP a lot more. And TBH, the piece I wanted to get first is the sweet pave studs, which is about $2k more than this is pendant. Maybe I should save up a little more and get those. Actually I cannot buy any VCA earrings unless they change the posts to platinum and custom make them extra skinny. I am waiting on the SA to let me know about that.

Can you guys help me be practical about this? Here is a pic of the holiday pendant on me. I'll try to post another pic with the MOP sometime later this week. I am still within my return window.

img_13086.jpg

img_13087.jpg

img_13088.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom|1476808186|4088264 said:
Hi ladies, I need a little help and perspective heRe so I thought this is the place. I have been doing a little VCA damage during my stress times and I need help deciding whether to keep this holiday pendant. I've been on tPF and you know how HARDCORE those VCA enthusiasts are. Any VCA is good VCA. I don't disagree. But from a girl that is on a budget and can only get a little every now and then I need to be picky.

I love his pendant. It's really beautiful on. The workmanship is stunning. I feel so special wearing it. But, I don't LOVE the onyx on me cause I think it doesn't complement my more olive complexion. I actually really like the MOP a lot more. And TBH, the piece I wanted to get first is the sweet pave studs, which is about $2k more than this is pendant. Maybe I should save up a little more and get those. Actually I cannot buy any VCA earrings unless they change the posts to platinum and custom make them extra skinny. I am waiting on the SA to let me know about that.

Can you guys help me be practical about this? Here is a pic of the holiday pendant on me. I'll try to post another pic with the MOP sometime later this week. I am still within my return window.

LLJsmom, I'm always happy to see this thread re-surrected! lol

I have to say I agree with you about the holiday pendant. My SA sent me a pic in all excitement and wanted me to go over to try it on asap. Well, I did and I have to say I'm underwhelmed. I'm not sure exactly why. I do have slightly olivey (is that even a word? lol) skin and it's not flattering on me. Moreover, I find that the piece, even on its own, doesn't really do anything for me. As a huge VCA fan, I was surprised at my reaction, or rather lack of reaction.

Now, I like the MOP too. I can't wait to see the pic on you.

But tbh, if you really want the Sweet pave earrings, provided they can make all the necessary adjustments as per your request, I'd go for those instead. There's a certain something about the pave pieces that just makes one go gaga! :love: IMO anyway! ;))

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom - I LOVE that pendant. I actually really like the onyx and think it looks wonderful with your complexion and hair. But if you would prefer the MOP or rather save up for the earrings, then do that so you can get what you truly want. But I don't know that I can really be helpful about returning this pendant because I think it looks so great on you! I also really, really love onyx though.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don't love this pendant on you. I love the way the sweet bracelets look on you - they make me envious. This, I'm apathetic about when I look at it on you, so if it doesn't make me wish I were you, return it BAHAHAHAHAHAA :lol: :lol: :lol:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hey girls, I just got an update. VCA will make custom skinny platinum posts for me. And I gotta be honest the pave sweet would be the best earrings because I don't have to worry about making them wet. I don't take off earrings to shower KWIM? Oh, that's makes it so hard!! Thanks for all your honest opinions. I totally get it that distracts you love onyx. It is a beautiful piece. It's just not the one that makes my heart sing KWIM? Ok. Breathe! I can still try on the butterfly. I'll try and see if I can get pics of that. I knew I could count on you guys. We PSers are nothing if not all about what makes the heart sing, right? The onyx is going back. That's going to be a sad goodbye. Wish money wasn't an issue!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LLJ--Sounds like you already made up your mind but totally agree with saving up for the custom pave sweet studs instead! :naughty:

I should have another bling project coming to fruition soon...stay tuned! :Up_to_something:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

Can anyone give me advice on a Cartier Love bracelet? Initially, I wanted the bangle in yellow gold, but now I'm thinking the cuff is better for me because I like the idea of being able to take it off and on more easily. Thoughts? I love the JUC too, but wonder if it's comfortable? Thanks for any advice =)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

momhappy|1476831368|4088396 said:
Can anyone give me advice on a Cartier Love bracelet? Initially, I wanted the bangle in yellow gold, but now I'm thinking the cuff is better for me because I like the idea of being able to take it off and on more easily. Thoughts? I love the JUC too, but wonder if it's comfortable? Thanks for any advice =)
The love bracelet works for me because if it were not screwed on, it would not be worn, like the rest of my jewelry (other than a pair of IDJ milgrain studs to keep my holes open). I remember noticing the weight initially, and now I just don't notice it being on - it's like a part of my arm now.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

Thanks, pinto. I don't think I want to wear it 24/7, so the cuff seems like a better option for me. I see your point though about the piece not getting enough use if it's too easy to put on/take off.

Abby12

Shiny_Rock

I say save up for the pave studs! Get what you love more. I find sometimes when you try to be practical, you may settle for something you don't love.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Momhappy, I have the cuff. It works for my lifestyle. The idea of a full cuff is lovely but it would bug me too much. I wouldn't like wearing it washing dishes, cleaning etc. it would bang on everything and just be in the way.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

^Thanks. Yes, that's what I was thinking too. I have read that some people ordered a size larger for the cuff (vs. the bangle). Have you ever compared the two styles and do you have any sizing advice?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

momhappy|1476844038|4088443 said:
^Thanks. Yes, that's what I was thinking too. I have read that some people ordered a size larger for the cuff (vs. the bangle). Have you ever compared the two styles and do you have any sizing advice?

I'm a bad example. My wrists are pretty boney and scrawny. No lovely roundness at all. Even the smallest size is big on me. But I had to settle for the smallest in the cuff. Visually I prefer a tighter fitting look. Will you just go for the most comfortable size? Believe it or not, I found the JUC to be the best fitting. But I would not consider that piece because it is just too impractical. Talking about banging a piece around right? But it is so stunning.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Abby12|1476840291|4088431 said:
I say save up for the pave studs! Get what you love more. I find sometimes when you try to be practical, you may settle for something you don't love.

Yeah. I am leaning that way Abby. I was thinking that getting the pave studs would be the most practical thing because j wouldn't be settling. And I could wear it in water. But saving up is so hard. I will try to control myself. My SA is also looking for the butterfly which I might really fall in love with. I loved the size and shape in tiger eye. But again just not the color.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

m-2-b|1476824663|4088364 said:
LLJ--Sounds like you already made up your mind but totally agree with saving up for the custom pave sweet studs instead! :naughty:

I should have another bling project coming to fruition soon...stay tuned! :Up_to_something:

I am glad people agree on not settling. I felt like I should keep the onyx because all the tPFers pretty much loved it. And my DH really likes it too. But inreality I can get the holiday pendant the year I really like it. They have it every year. I should save up for the pave.

I can't wait to see your next reveal!! I'm so excited! Any hint?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results