shape
carat
color
clarity

YOUR Most Admired Vendors

sparkjoy

Rough_Rock
If you could work with any vendor to create your dream setting, who would it be and why? (Think in terms of style, not necessarily price or customer service.)

I love the timeless, minimal metal, showcase-the-diamond(s) style of Steven Kirsch, Victor Canera, and Leon Mege. But I also love the ornate/textured metalwork, vintage vibe, and overall artistry of Caysie van Bebber and Erika Winters. Maytal Hannah, who I think is also spectacular, falls somewhere in the middle. My dream setting would be 100% hand-forged, and I believe these vendors all create fully or partially hand-forged pieces (correct me if I’m wrong).

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Erika Winters, Single Stone, and David Michael.
- All of the above artisans have made amazing pieces and the attention to detail and finishes are superb. I have yet to be disappointed by viewing any of the aforementioned artisans' work in person. In fact, usually I am more blown away by the pieces in person than what can be seen in photos alone.

All of them use hand-forging, but I believe Erika uses a combination depending on the project (what design elements it requires) of hand-forging/cast and also just hand-forging.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CVB for me! She has a great eye but also thinks a little outside the box (which I think is where I am :lol: )!

Q

Queenie60

tyty333|1476739733|4088033 said:
CVB for me! She has a great eye but also thinks a little outside the box (which I think is where I am :lol: )!

I agree!!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie60|1476739830|4088034 said:

I agree!!

+1

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
soxfan|1476745124|4088061 said:
Queenie60|1476739830|4088034 said:

I agree!!

+1

+2 Caysie (CVB Inspired Design) is really gifted and I love working with her! Working on something now!

I also love Victor Canera for classic handforged pave pieces. It's a pleasure to work with him, too!

I certainly have admiration for others, but I imagine these two will be the ones that make most of the things on my wishlist.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JAR. I'd have to win the lottery though...lol

Short of that (and more down to earth) Mc2.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Arcadian|1476753175|4088090 said:

I love MC2, their original shop is relatively local to me - but it would be a pipe dream as I'm fairly certain they don't do custom, and I spoke to them about an heirloom stone and while they were 100% nice about it, they made it clear they would only set a stone that objectively met all standards for their brand. That leads me to believe that they wouldn't just do a custom design, either.

I'd like to work with Victor at some point but the reality is I have so many better things to spend $5000 on than a ring setting, so I likely never will.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay so the question is, who would I want to make my 'dream' setting.

Erika Winters. Hands down. Her pieces are what my dreams are made of.

MC2 would make the list, but they don't work with outside stones, and I want to be able to pick my own stone, unless I win the lottery and can afford their markup.

Skhii

Shiny_Rock

Who are JAR and MC2?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Singlestone, Erika winters and Victor Canera.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dream ring would be crafted by (first choice) David Michael Jewels, with Single Stone very close behind.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love working with Victor Canera and Alistair Kelsey. Although I have not yet worked with her, I admire Erika Winters' work. A set of stacking bands from her would be divine.

I have not really enjoyed working with Leon Mege, but I still love the result and I do admire his work.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ohhhhh I dunno. Cartier?

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1476801237|4088214 said:
HI:

Ohhhhh I dunno. Cartier?

cheers--Sharon

Well, if we are really talking "out of the question" options, I choose Van Cleef and Arpels! :lol: :love:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Hells yea! But I couldn't afford that in any lifetime.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sparkjoy|1476737143|4088015 said:
If you could work with any vendor to create your dream setting, who would it be and why? (Think in terms of style, not necessarily price or customer service.)

I love the timeless, minimal metal, showcase-the-diamond(s) style of Steven Kirsch, Victor Canera, and Leon Mege. But I also love the ornate/textured metalwork, vintage vibe, and overall artistry of Caysie van Bebber and Erika Winters. Maytal Hannah, who I think is also spectacular, falls somewhere in the middle. My dream setting would be 100% hand-forged, and I believe these vendors all create fully or partially hand-forged pieces (correct me if I’m wrong).

I would buy a diamond at HPD and talk to Wink about a setting and if he felt his bench could not do it, then I really think VC would be my choice for a setting.

Also, I would be a AVR from David at GOG and talk to them about a setting, if they feel they couldn't do what I wanted then I would send it to CvB.

The reason for these two choices is because I would like a large MRB and huge AVR :)

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I hadn't heard of Mc2 before now but, er, they are not very cheap... :shock:

sparkjoy

Rough_Rock
+ forgot to mention Rebecca Overmann on my "most admired" list. Has anyone worked with her before and/or happen to know if she does custom work?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OoohShiny|1476812562|4088294 said:
Wow, I hadn't heard of Mc2 before now but, er, they are not very cheap... :shock:

Oh I know, but man o man I love their stuff!! I was able to go visit their little store in Berkshires when I lived in the NE...very nice, unassuming (EXPENSIVE!!!!!!! :shock: :lol: ) The pictures don't do justice really and everyone is very friendly...just the way they are there.

They DO commission work, which if I'm unfettered by the fact it would cost more than my house, car and other jewelry pieces combined...I'd go for it.

Still, its a pipe dream, but one that's a little closer to earth than owning a JAR piece.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Huh. I guess I don't really have a "dream setting" OR a "most-admired vendor." I am project-oriented and once I start on a project I pick which vendor I think will best be able to do what I want based on their past work, but so far it is someone different every time. I do think that if I ever destroy me engagement ring, I will try to have something similar made by Victor Canera, with three-sided pave and half moons. But that is assuming my ring doesn't continue holding up like a tank and VC is amenable to doing a really wide pave ring instead of this skinny stuff I don't like.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1476800392|4088211 said:
I love working with Victor Canera and Alistair Kelsey. Although I have not yet worked with her, I admire Erika Winters' work. A set of stacking bands from her would be divine.

I have not really enjoyed working with Leon Mege, but I still love the result and I do admire his work.

Adding to say that I adore Van Craeynest's craftmanship. A set of stackers from them would be lovely. The prices are steep but I guess it's totally worth it.

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
I hope to work with Victor Canera and CVB Designs at some point in the future. However, if I were to really reach for the stars, I love Buccellati. Their craftsman ship is exquisite. Hands down my favorite store in Chicago.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yikes, I need to add Van Craeynest to my top three with CvB and Victor! One of my all time favorites!!!

Just a bit of info, I called MC2 one time to get a quote on a custom setting (their design), simple solitaire, antique style, a small amount of pave....

$7500

That.is.INSANE.

I think Victor or Caysie would have been able to make the ring as well or better for half that much or less. Seriously, they have pretty things but there is NOTHING so outstanding about their work that would make the price justifiable. I am just thankful to have the options we know about here on PS. I am more than willing to pay for quality and skill, but I generally don't overpay for things that are not signature branded type pieces (such as VCA or Cartier, etc.).

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Van Craeynest is on my list too, David Michael, Singlestone, Caysie and of course Victor, who is a lovely guy to work with....

duckduckgoose

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1476770058|4088139 said:
I just... fell in love. I hadn't seen Mc2 before and their designs are beautiful! Too bad that they do not work with outside stones, that is a shame.

Edit: I say that as if anything there would be in budget :lol: just looked at the price for a 0.69 oec pendant, $5,500! sigh :D

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ivy New York

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
If I had a time machine, Fabergé, without a doubt.
Fast-forward a century or so, Hemmerle or Taffin.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results