carat
color
clarity

Assange's Internet connection cut. I blame Clinton

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO, HRC is to blame.

Wikileaks is releasing dirt on her, damaging her campaign.

IMO all information should be public.
If you fear the truth about your behavior you've done bad things.

This is not a foreign power interfering with an American election.
The internet has changed everything. Everything.

IMO the free flow of information is a good thing overall.
Perhaps in the future powerful people and countries will stop doing selfish and bad things behind closed doors.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-37680411

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock
Don't know if she is to "blame". I don't care if she is either. He is in hiding for crimes. He is a criminal who keeps committing crimes. Someone stopped him. (I'm sure only temporarily)

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I doubt HRC is to blame... Wikileaks has done zero damage to her campaign. So far they've been a lot of talk but no actually-damaging material. The people who are incensed by the banal material they've released were never going to vote for Hillary anyway.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Is this just a guess, or is there any evidence? I agree with distracts- I don't think the Clinton campaign would do something that risky, especially since what is being uncovered isn't anything campaign-shattering. But if they could trace HER to cutting him off, that'd be a bigger deal than anything they've released. My guess.

kenny|1476724593|4087951 said:
The flow of information is a good thing.
Perhaps in the future powerful people will stop doing bad things behind closed doors.

I do agree with you here, but it's only flowing in one direction this time, which severely undermines the whole idea. I think Assange has lost a lot of credibility by appearing to work for just one candidate. That, and hiding from his (possible) crimes. And for sounding more and more like a paranoid loon by the day.

E B

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1476724593|4087951 said:
This is not a foreign power interfering with an American election.

Another guess? Because there is, apparently, evidence that ties the two.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
sstephensid|1476724797|4087954 said:
Don't know if she is to "blame". I don't care if she is either. He is in hiding for crimes. He is a criminal who keeps committing crimes. Someone stopped him. (I'm sure only temporarily)
He's also been in hiding in said embassy for at least a year beyond the window of time they agreed he could stay. For all anyone knows, THEY could be cutting him off because he's a giant PITA and they want his ass out.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1476726362|4087970 said:
sstephensid|1476724797|4087954 said:
He's also been in hiding in said embassy for at least a year beyond the window of time they agreed he could stay. For all anyone knows, THEY could be cutting him off because he's a giant PITA and they want his a$$ out.

Yeah tbh this is the thing I'd put money on if I had to bet on it. I'd imagine they don't want to have anything to do with appearing to muck about in a foreign election - they have to deal with whoever wins it!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
distracts|1476725295|4087957 said:
I doubt HRC is to blame... Wikileaks has done zero damage to her campaign. So far they've been a lot of talk but no actually-damaging material. The people who are incensed by the banal material they've released were never going to vote for Hillary anyway.

Yep. This exactly.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I blame Hillbilly for a lot of things but not this....unless it comes out as her being the one behind it. You never know who may be trying to drum up a little press.

Hell it could have been Trumps people trying to make her look bad for all we know.

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So this is what I would call an example of Hillary being held to a higher standard than other candidates. I'll forgive you if you say you don't know anything about what it actually means for a "state party to intentionally sever Internet." It's not something you simply get on the phone and order up from your robot minions.

E B

Ideal_Rock
screen_shot_2016-10-17_at_3.png

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah yes, Ecuador, the "state party" who provided his internet connection in the first place.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ecuador does have a "c" in it though, so I'm sure Clinton with her typical evil mastermind plotting, has everything to do with it.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I called that one. They probably want his ass out like yesterday

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy hell that's what I get from not using the app

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are the details (excerpted from an article in "The New York Times"):

"LONDON — Ecuador announced on Tuesday that it had cut off Julian Assange’s access to the internet in his exile in the country’s embassy in London, making it clear that it feared the tiny country was being sucked into an effort to 'interfere in electoral processes' in the United States by the activities of the founder of WikiLeaks.

The announcement came a day after WikiLeaks said that Mr. Assange’s connection to the internet had been severed shortly after the organization published speeches that Hillary Clinton gave to Goldman Sachs, the global investment firm. The transcripts, the latest in a series of disclosures, appear to have come from the hacked email account of John Podesta, the chairman of her campaign and a White House chief of staff when Mrs. Clinton’s husband served as president.

The statement clearly sought to separate Ecuador from the decision by WikiLeaks to publish Mr. Podesta’s emails and, before those, emails hacked from the Democratic National Committee and other organizations."

Link...http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/19/world/europe/julian-assange-embassy.html?action=click&contentCollection=Politics&module=Trending&version=Full&region=Marginalia&pgtype=article

AGBF

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results