shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Choosing Diamond for Pendant, Please!

galatie

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

I am thinking of having the necklace below made for me.

http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-white-gold-pendant_17134?elem=img&track=product

I am looking to pick out a 1 carat size center stone - can someone please guide me as to what specs I should look out for when choosing? With a pendant, can you be less picky than when picking out a stone for your engagement ring? With my ring, my parameters were D-F in colour, ideal cut, VS2, and 2 carats and above.

Thank you!

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Since it has halo, jewelers like BE, VC, SK could source and do the job for you and work on the specs with you

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you have a D-F e-ring, then I would not go lower than G color, ideal cut. Cut is important no matter the piece of jewelry.

I'd probably go with Victor Canera for a pave halo. He sells diamonds, too.

SpencerDane

Rough_Rock
First of all, this necklace is gorgeous. I think I would try to get as close to the same quality of your engagement ring diamond as possible for the pendant. You may think that the quality is not as important or will not be as noticeable. However, remember that when you are wearing your pendant, it may move as you do. This means that it is likely to catch just as much attention as your rings, if not more. If it were me, I would want the same stone quality for this beautiful necklace.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results