shape
carat
color
clarity

SNL Finally Went Too Far For Trump (Some Humor)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"The Washington Post" has an article on its front page saying that "Saturday Night Live" finally went too far for Donald Trump (although they do not know what the show did that was so different). The article claims that he has now added it to the list of conspirators rigging the election against him. He tweeted about this after the episode satirizing the Town Hall Style debate of the presidential candidates. A link to the article (with an embedded link to a video of the "Saturday Night Live" television show") is below. I had not seen this sketch before reading the article, and I laughed out loud at it.

Deb/AGBF

Link to Article...https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/10/16/heres-the-snl-that-finally-went-too-far-for-donald-trump/?tid=pm_pop_b

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Trump's beef with SNL is no laughing matter (from CNN.com)

(CNN)Nothing says Donald Trump has the judgment and temperament to be President of the United States like tweeting at 7:14 on Sunday morning that he thinks "Saturday Night Live" should be canceled.
But there was Trump, just 24 days before the election, composing yet another unhinged tweet as most Americans were still sleeping: 'Watched "Saturday Night Live'"hit job on me. Time to retire the boring and unfunny show. Alec Baldwin portrayal stinks. Media rigging election!'

Apparently Trump was upset with the way SNL depicted him in a sketch based on the second presidential debate. While the sketch mocked Hillary Clinton on numerous occasions for being too calculated and insincere, apparently that was not good enough for Trump.
Perhaps Trump was angered that one of the best moments of the sketch was when SNL highlighted Trump's hypocrisy concerning the recent sexual assault claims. Alec Baldwin, as Trump, demanded that the victims of Bill Clinton's alleged sexual misconduct 'need to be respected and their voices need to be heard.' But when Trump was asked about the women accusing him of sexual misconduct, he shot back: 'They need to shut the hell up.'

All kidding aside, Trump's tweet that 'SNL' needs to be canceled because the show did a 'hit job' on him should concern every American. We have a rich tradition of comedy shows skewering our politicians. I can't recall any President or presidential nominee responding to a TV show mocking him or her by saying it's time to take that show off the airwaves. Although I have performed stand-up in the Middle East, where leaders have shared a similar sentiment. In fact, Egypt's Jon Stewart, Bassem Youssef, was arrested for mocking the then leader of Egypt and his TV show was ultimately canceled. But is that really a model we want to emulate in the United States?

Now, this is not the first time Trump has lashed out at comedians for jokes about him. When Seth Meyers skewered Trump at the 2011 White House Correspondent's Dinner, Trump called Meyers 'a stutterer.' But that was tame compared to the way he responded to Jon Stewart and Bill Maher. In the case of Stewart, who for years called out Trump for his outlandish behavior and comments, Trump tweeted that Stewart was 'highly overrated' and a 'total phony.' And Trump's social media activity even bordered on anti-Semitic when he mocked Stewart by bizarrely tweeting out his real last name, 'Leibowitz.'

And in the case of Maher, Trump actually sued the comedian for $5 million. It was in response to a 2013 joke on 'The Tonight Show,' when Maher said he would donate $5 million to charity if Trump could prove he wasn't the 'the spawn of his mother having sex with an orangutan.' This joke was in response to Trump's offer of the same amount if President Barack Obama would release his college transcripts. Trump later withdraw the lawsuit, but the message was clear: Mock me, and I might sue you...."

Link...http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/16/opinions/trump-tweets-snl-obeidallah/index.html

AGBF

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hah, I saw that Trump tweet. "Watched Saturday Night Live hit job on me.Time to retire the boring and unfunny show. Alec Baldwin portrayal stinks. Media rigging election!"

If he thinks SNL sketches are proof of the media rigging the election, I guess the media has been rigged against every politician since the 70s. :roll:

It's not like they're considerably nicer to anyone else - they're just made fun of for different things. And it's not their fault that Trump is such an easy target. I loved the Weekend Update from two shows ago that started off with Colin Jost saying "This week, we almost heard Wolf Blitzer say p****" and continued on with Michael Che talking about how Trump said Bill Clinton has said worse to him on the gold course, and Che saying "but you know he said it way smoother than that." (This past week's Weekend Update wasn't anywhere near as funny.)

Here is the link: https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/weekend-update-on-donald-trumps-leaked-audio/3112629

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That skit was excellent!

And yes, Trump is a massive threat to our democracy.
The threat is not that SNL will be cancelled; it won't.
The threat is Trump is feeding a cancer of his millions of supporters.
These people can vote.

Trump brings out the worst in people.
He exploits and manipulates the easily manipulated ONLY to gain power.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump's inability to handle SNL's mockery of him, coupled with the delusion that he believes that the media has rigged this election, instead having the logical understanding that he lost this election due to his actions actually confirms his Narcissism.

He is a very, very sick man. People need to understand this. He is psychologically ill. He will put us in grave harm. I would cross party lines in a heartbeat to vote against this illness. These are the kinds of people who have killed millions of people in torturous ways for their own twisted agendas and delusions.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1476725353|4087958 said:
Trump's inability to handle SNL's mockery of him, coupled with the delusion that he believes that the media has rigged this election, instead having the logical understanding that he lost this election due to his actions actually confirms his Narcissism.

He is a very, very sick man. People need to understand this. He is psychologically ill. He will put us in grave harm. I would cross party lines in a heartbeat to vote against this illness. These are the kinds of people who have killed millions of people in torturous ways for their own twisted agendas and delusions.

I agree. I actually think this is why many people have trouble understanding his danger - he is delusional past what many of us experience and it is hard to understand if you do not have personal experience of people like him where you have had to learn that the usual rules do not apply. These kinds of people will never think and behave like normal people be their minds are very different, and not in a good or useful way.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
So, lemme understand this nitwit...It's not funny when they mock him (actually it's f'ing hysterical), but when HE is the host (WHY) it's hilarious and amazing and "so, so good" or whatever bullshit he tweeted about that godawful appearance I cannot believe they even allowed? Aside from the obvious narcissistic personality disorder, the fact he's obviously a sexual predator--related--I strongly believe he has early onset dementia or early onset Alzheimers and I am basing that on how my older relatives behave/behaved being consistent with how he seems to. It's scary how similar the behaviors and things they say are.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1476725353|4087958 said:

This.
Thank you, House Cat, for expressing my very same thoughts.
I sure wish neither of us had reason for them, though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results