shape
carat
color
clarity

How small for children?

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
I posted a while back because I had gotten pearls for my bridesmaids, and I was concerned they were too small. You all assured me they were fine, and I couldn't be more grateful! But now, I'm back with the same concern. :| This time for my flower girl.

I wanted to get our flower girl pearls as well - kid of a mini version of the "grown up" gifts. She's about 4 years old, and I ordered a lavender pearl necklace and bracelet in 4-5mm pearls. I just got them, and they look TINY!!! Part of me thinks they were mis-advertised in size and part of me thinks I just have no idea what 4-5mm pearls are supposed to look like. What would be appropriate sized pearls for a child? Should I be looking at 5-6mm? I'm seriously considering buying a new set, but I'm not sure if what I have is actually appropriate and I'm just inexperienced or if I'm right and what I have is way too small.

The lavender pearls are also so much more off-round than I was expecting, which is also making me wonder if I should buy something new. I mean, I don't need perfectly round, top-notch pearls for a 4-year old, but I don't want to seem cheap or ungrateful either. If I'm going to buy something new, I need to do it quick though...the wedding is 10 days away! :shock:

Below are some pictures. One of the lavender flower girl's pearls alone, and two with the lavender pearls next to the bridesmaids' pearls. The bridesmaids' pearls were advertised to be 6.8-8mm pearls, but I suspect their more like 6.5mm.

I'm not sure what to do. Between the size and off-roundness, should I buy something new? Or am I over-reacting?

Pics:
img_2637_0.jpg

img_2635_0.jpg

img_2636.jpg

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the little girl will be thrilled with them, and their lavender color and varying shapes are going to be more fascinating to her than round white pearls would be.

Please worry no more-- you don't want to be stressing about this 10 days before the wedding!

Q

Queenie60

They're perfectly fine for a four year old. I wouldn't worry - the lavender color and different shapes will look quite nice for a little girl.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think they are too small at all - your flower girl is only 4! I think she'll love them but if you're not happy with the quality you could always return them for rounder pearls.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I agree with the others. They're adorable, not too small nor too misshapen. :)

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
So ... how was the wedding? :angel:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results