shape
carat
color
clarity

Will you vote HRC/Trump or write in or abstain or 3rd party?

Will you vote for HRC/Trump or write in or abstain?

• Vote HRC or Trump

Votes: 38 74.5%
  • Write in someone else

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Abstain from voting

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Third Party

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pick one only.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Will you vote HRC/Trump or write in or abstain or 3rd pa

Sorry. I edited to add 3rd party.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sorry. You posted your poll before I posted mine!

Deb :wavey:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Registered Republican (gasp) in a mostly Republican county, I probably will not be able to vote for either nor a third party candidate, but I will vote for my local and state representatives as they still need our support. My state goes democrat anyway...that darn electoral college.

Peace all :angel:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I made sure to get my request in to get ballot in the mail. My down ticket probably doesn't need my vote either though since my state is so dark red.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

I voted that I will abstain from voting, but actually, I will be voting in my local elections. I just won't be voting for president.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Since I know live in Florida it will be interesting how this whole thing goes. I've been a registered Independent for many years, but though I am a registered voter, Florida has a closed Political Party System which means I can't vote in Primary elections. That bites. He on the other hand did switch to Republican because of it. Me? I'll stick to my guns thank you very much.

For president, 100% third party this time around.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

How is it handled in the US when someone crosses out a name and writes in someone else's name? This would be counted as a spoiled ballot where I am, and the vote would be nullified (thrown out and not counted). So does it count in the US as a vote for that other person, or does it get tossed out like it does here?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

cmd2014|1476137639|4085437 said:
How is it handled in the US when someone crosses out a name and writes in someone else's name? This would be counted as a spoiled ballot where I am, and the vote would be nullified (thrown out and not counted). So does it count in the US as a vote for that other person, or does it get tossed out like it does here?

That would be considered a write-in vote. Most (43) states allow them, but the "how to" rules vary by state. In most of these states, write-in votes are counted only for candidates that have filed appropriate paperwork with the state. Still, according to this website, a write-in Presidency is possible.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/7/21/1404380/-The-Write-In-Vote

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Until our country gets rid of the electoral college I can't support a write in or third party. It just lacks pragmatism or an understanding of how the electoral college designed the presidency I think. I can't understand how one vote isn't equal to another. Which really is the case when it comes to the electoral college. It should be one person one vote, then tallied. If that was the case, I could fully support write in or 3rd party voters.
https://youtu.be/90RajY2nrgk
I nice Adam Ruins Everything about the electoral college

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for that link Niel I look forward to watching it.

It's never too late to start understanding better.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CJ2008|1476144952|4085464 said:

And I hope I didn't sound like a dick. I don't mean to say all people just don't understand. Like I said sometimes I think it's just a lack of pragmatism. Which I mean that's not sexy. That's not the hope and change of 2008. It's not idealism that so many millennials were brought to the voting table with. I mean, I feel that myself.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I,

I just voted by mail for HRC. I decided that I was no longer going to say anything else against her. I want her to be my President and as such I will have respect for her office. She may be a one term President.

I do not think there is any true comparison between these candidates. I read something today that I wished I had thought up. Trump is 50 shades of crazy. That says it all for me.

Annette

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

VRBeauty|1476142624|4085458 said:
cmd2014|1476137639|4085437 said:

That would be considered a write-in vote. Most (43) states allow them, but the "how to" rules vary by state. In most of these states, write-in votes are counted only for candidates that have filed appropriate paperwork with the state. Still, according to this website, a write-in Presidency is possible.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/7/21/1404380/-The-Write-In-Vote

Yes in my state someone must register as a write-in or the vote is not counted.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel|1476145503|4085468 said:
CJ2008|1476144952|4085464 said:

And I hope I didn't sound like a dick. I don't mean to say all people just don't understand. Like I said sometimes I think it's just a lack of pragmatism. Which I mean that's not sexy. That's not the hope and change of 2008. It's not idealism that so many millennials were brought to the voting table with. I mean, I feel that myself.

Niel, not at all - I truly appreciated the link.

When I know about a subject, I don't hesitate to state my opinion. When I don't know, I don't hesitate to say "I don't know."

My interest in this campaign has made me realize how ignorant I am about so many things - the electoral college being one of those things.

So, no really, thank you. (but thank you for double checking anyway - I appreciate that too). ETA I do realize you weren't talking to just me...but in general.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

I have said it many times before but now it is spreading within my family.

My husband and I will not be voting. And as of now none of my adult children will be either.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock

I will be voting against Trump. II really don't like a lot of what Hillary stands for, but she is the most qualified. This election is too important to sit out or write in.

I think the rest of the world believes we Americans have lost our collective minds. :angryfire:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Amber St. Clare|1476226589|4085889 said:
I will be voting against Trump. II really don't like a lot of what Hillary stands for, but she is the most qualified. This election is too important to sit out or write in.

I think the rest of the world believes we Americans have lost our collective minds. :angryfire:

Yes I agree with your whole post Amber.

And I also feel the electoral college does us no favors in allowing our voices to be heard (despite what others here might think and Ksinger for one is pro electoral college and explained why a while ago yet I don't agree) and I agree with Niel.

Niel said:
Until our country gets rid of the electoral college I can't support a write in or third party. It just lacks pragmatism or an understanding of how the electoral college designed the presidency I think. I can't understand how one vote isn't equal to another. Which really is the case when it comes to the electoral college. It should be one person one vote, then tallied. If that was the case, I could fully support write in or 3rd party voters.
<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://youtu.be/90RajY2nrgk</span>
I nice Adam Ruins Everything about the electoral college

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results